The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ?Hannah
i think i am going to leave this thing. i feel like i am being too negative and i don't want to inflict that on anyone else. i just want everyone to be happy, so i hope you all are happy! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw no please don't leave, you're not being too negative at all - everyone's happiest when you're here :colondollar:
Original post by ?Hannah
Omg, I am sorry but I have to mention this. If I am going on to much about 'me,' please just say something, I apologise. I was the ONLY person in my biology set to not receive a certificate from the biology award challenge. So my teacher went 'oh, so everyone but Hannah managed to achieve something.' Honestly, I feel incapable of being able to do anything. My English teacher hates me, so does my biology teacher and everyone else. :frown: I honestly can't do anything and it makes me feel awful. Why can't I be better?

Original post by ?Hannah
i think i am going to leave this thing. i feel like i am being too negative and i don't want to inflict that on anyone else. i just want everyone to be happy, so i hope you all are happy! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's all right! You have to say something to feel better right? Why didn't you receive a certificate like seriously, what is wrong with your teachers. How can't they see your talent and determination? Don't be so hard on yourself! Don't change yourself for anyone!I know that one day, you qualities will make you go far in life!

And don't worry! I'm sure we are all happy and also happy to help!:smile: And please don't leave!
Original post by NiamhM1801
Thank you and I hope so!! :h:
And that's amazing to hear - I love it when that happens! :biggrin:

I know right!:biggrin:
Update 14/06/2016

Tommorow I have a science exam and I'm so scared for this exam. Hopefully, I'll pull it though.

- revised the whole of B3
- Revised the whole of C3
- revised the whole of P3
- looked at past papers

I'm going to wake up early to do more revision. Good thing the exam is in the afternoon.:h:
Original post by sahra30013
Update 14/06/2016

Tommorow I have a science exam and I'm so scared for this exam. Hopefully, I'll pull it though.

- looked at past papers

I'm going to wake up early to do more revision. Good thing the exam is in the afternoon.:h:

Good luck. I'm sure you'll do well.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Update 14/06/2016

- looked at past papers

Well done! :biggrin:
And I know right, sooo happy I've got the morning to finish off revising for mine!
Good luck with yours :smile:
Update 14/06/2016

- looked at past papers

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine...think positive...ur lucky you've got the whole morning to revise...I've got an exam in the morning for philosophy and then a two hour break...and then chem exam...so not prepared for tomorrow...I need to start this day again...without the history test though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mypetpikachu
I'm pretty sure you'll be fine...think positive...ur lucky you've got the whole morning to revise...I've got an exam in the morning for philosophy and then a two hour break...and then chem exam...so not prepared for tomorrow...I need to start this day again...without the history test though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you pulling an all-nighter to revise?

I'm gonna try..yh...I've had a whole pot of Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream..nice and cool to keep me awake...lol...I'll probably end up sleeping though...well just hope I get enough done...and good luck for tomorrow,,,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is not an all nighter. It's an 🎤 All night long 🎤 Lmao.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Never mind...just removed that post...cuz I sounded too cold there...I shouldn't be posting when I'm tired..sorry guys if u did see the actual post...it wasn't me...it was the demons inside of me...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mypetpikachu
I'm gonna try..yh...I've had a whole pot of Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream..nice and cool to keep me awake...lol...I'll probably end up sleeping though...well just hope I get enough done...and good luck for tomorrow,,,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a bit late obviously but good luck with it haha, oh and thank you :smile:

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Is not an all nighter. It's an 🎤 All night long 🎤 Lmao.

Oh ok if you say so 🎤 All night long 🎤 Haha
Good luck everyone...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilacpotato
Amazing grades - how did you have time to do 14 GCSEs? I do 11 and I think that's the most anyone does at my school...
At the end of the day, I'm gonna be a lot more confident going into exam knowing I've done a lot of revision...small amounts of revision work for some and not others! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
it was compulsory to do 13 and then quite a few of us got given the option to do further maths, which I took. I'm not trying to put you down or anything, don't get me wrong, its good to revise a lot and go into the exam knowing that whatever they throw at you you'll be able to handle it, but at the same time, its important to have leisure time and social time in your schedule too, otherwise its pretty easy to get stressed out and the longer you work the less productive you become.
Original post by 3acetoneperoxide
holy crap you guys revise way too much, need to take time to chill, I'm not half bad at academics either, but I think sweating revision to get the grades is the wrong tactic, if you understand fundamentally what goes on in a subject you can easily get top grades at GCSE with pretty minimal revision, the only reason youd need to do as much revision as brainzistheword suggests is if you don't get the content

Does it matter if we revise a lot? In no way do I imply that people should revise for the times they do - everyone is to themselves and should do what they feel best, if that happens to be with lots of revision then that's fine, if they don't like that then that's their choice and in no way am I saying you must do such things.

Fair enough, you got amazing grades but everyone prepares for these things differently. And what's more - I understand almost everything I have ever learnt, I just want to make sure, seen as I have the time to and quite enjoy it.

:smile:

(btw I'm not having a go, it's just that people seem to assume we live with our heads in textbooks which isn't the case and we do know how to enjoy ourselves)
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm a bit late obviously but good luck with it haha, oh and thank you :smile:

Oh ok if you say so 🎤 All night long 🎤 Haha

There you go. You've got a really good voice. Don't let it go to waste.

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
There you go. You've got a really good voice. Don't let it go to waste.

HAHAHA if you heard me sing in real life I'm pretty sure your ears would bleed 😂😂
HAHAHA if you heard me sing in real life I'm pretty sure your ears would bleed 😂😂

Lol :biggrin: - Bet you're not that bad
UPDATE

Keep forgetting where I am up to but as of now I have done:

Every Physics past paper

History revision for British Depth (now all done and dusted)

Biology revision

C5 revision

Original post by 3acetoneperoxide
it was compulsory to do 13 and then quite a few of us got given the option to do further maths, which I took. I'm not trying to put you down or anything, don't get me wrong, its good to revise a lot and go into the exam knowing that whatever they throw at you you'll be able to handle it, but at the same time, its important to have leisure time and social time in your schedule too, otherwise its pretty easy to get stressed out and the longer you work the less productive you become.

I get where you are coming from but social/leisure time is equally as important for me (as I'm sure it is for the majority on this thread)! Well done again on your results...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply