The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

What order was the reaction based on the graph drawn:???? i got a straight diagonal line
Long answer questions

Acid-base:
Ka1 and Ka2
work out the concentration at equlibrium
work out pH
write any assumptions you made
Draw titration curve
How to work out pKa from graph

Entropy:
Any hazards of the reaction
Entropy of the system
Why is it what you expected
Entropy of surroundings
Total entropy
How would a change in temperature affect entropy
Work out value of K from RlnK for Ba(OH)2
Compare to solubility of Ca(OH)2

Bromine clock reaction:
Why phenol needs to be in small amounts
Why others should be in excess:
Include table value for rate:
Plot graph
Order wrt Bromine ions and why
Rate equation and units
Iodine clock reaction colour change:
Measurement to be made to work out Ea:
How to work out Ea (6 marker):

Products of reaction between salicylic acid and NaOH
Difference between alkaline and acidic hydrolysis
salicylic acid and reagent to make acyl chloride:
salicylic acid and reagent to make alcohol:
Draw formula of product of salicylic acid + ethanol
Difference between reaction of salicylic acid with ethanol and product D
Draw NMR of ethanol and reasoning behind it
Why does TMS produce sharp peak
What sort of wave causes NMR
Differences between salicylic acid and acyl chloride using infrared radiation:

I think this was all the questions please add if you remember any more
Original post by Cpj16
yes :smile:

Are you gonna be doing the bio revsion session today, its at 11.30?

Nah just gonna look at some redox stuff and then go sleep. Tomorrow is my full day of F214 focused revision :smile:
What was the value for entropy of system?
Original post by C0balt

pH I got as 4.03 or 4.02 around that

My answer refers to the multiple choice question for buffer solution. 4.03 was the pH of H2S
Original post by Miracle1
What was the value for entropy of system?

i got +971
Original post by medi098
what did people put for the question where it asks how you would know that the h2so4 used to precipitate out the acid was in excess?:ashamed2:

Add more H2SO4 and no more ppt will form.
Original post by Chemstar_456
i got +971

For system I believe I got around five hundred and something. I remember the total bring +47ish.
@chemstar_456 was the second to last question :What sort of wave causes NMR. or was it: what kind of radiation is involved in NMR? I am positive it is the latter but you said it was the other, not sure though?
Original post by DesignPredator
For system I believe I got around five hundred and something. I remember the total bring +47ish.

Yep got something around that value. what did everyone get for the multiple choice for the pH of the buffer was it 6.21? :biggrin:
Original post by Hamzy45
Yep got something around that value. what did everyone get for the multiple choice for the pH of the buffer was it 6.21? :biggrin:

Yep same 🙂
Reply 1371
Anybody remember the total entropy value?
Original post by DesignPredator
Yep same 🙂

Thats good to hear, for the 2 mechanism questions what did you get for the answers in the MC?
Original post by Chemstar_456
My answer refers to the multiple choice question for buffer solution. 4.03 was the pH of H2S

Lol my brain is all mixed up now, I can't remember that MCQ value! But it was just plugging the numbers into the given equation right? In which case it couldn't have gone wrong... Hopefully lol Was it C? My brain vaguely remembers ticking a third one...

Original post by Ssttll
@chemstar_456 was the second to last question :What sort of wave causes NMR. or was it: what kind of radiation is involved in NMR? I am positive it is the latter but you said it was the other, not sure though?

Well only radiation involved is radio wave anyway it doesn't matter what the wording was
(edited 7 years ago)
What did youbguys put for the measurement required (that one marker before the six marker on ea?)
Original post by lfcrules
What did youbguys put for the measurement required (that one marker before the six marker on ea?)

Rate and temperature
Original post by C0balt
Rate and temperature

Wouldn't the measurement be the time taken for the colour change to occur, then one of the calculations is 1/time to find the rate.
Original post by thedylanman
error/value*100

e.g if a temperature is measure at 25 degrees and the error is +-0.5 degrees, 0.5/25*100

Sorry my bad. if the error in a thermometer is +-0.5 degrees, the total error is 1 degree so percentage error is 1/25 *100
Original post by thedylanman
Sorry my bad. if the error in a thermometer is +-0.5 degrees, the total error is 1 degree so percentage error is 1/25 *100

when does the unofficial mark scheme come out??
what do people think marks will be awarded for on the activation energy 6 marker?
i think
1 mark - record measurements in a table
1 mark- plot a graph of ln (k) or ln (rate) against 1/t
1 mark - negative gradient & straight line ( correlation between the two)
1 mark - gradient x R = -Ea
not sure on the rest....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending