The Student Room Group

GCSE History B 2016 (OCR)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilia12113
What did you say for sources D and E on why they both disagree with each other? I said that source D was saying how hard work and skilful work it is to look after the family and how rewarding it is. I said that source E was saying how easy and "mindless' looking after kids where and how easy it was. I said that this would have been cause source e was written in the 60s when more children were at school and tecnology was helping make house life much easier in comparisant to the 50s when source D was written.

I spoke about how source D was supporting women going to work because of the capabilities and strengths they have and source E was not supporting women going to work and how it was the role of women to attend to children and it was "myth" for men to be the ones looking after children 😕😕😕
Original post by Hiorns158
I repeated a lot of my own knowledge in the questions. Will this give me lower marks or does it not matter as each question is marked individually??
And I didn't actually refer to an events, just said about agurements for and against women's suffrage as my own knownledge, I'm so worried that I've made a massive mistake

No, they are more focuses on you having an understanding of society at the time, it's not just about specific facts and figures. Plus, very little own knowledge was applicable.
Original post by Townart
No, they are more focuses on you having an understanding of society at the time, it's not just about specific facts and figures. Plus, very little own knowledge was applicable.

Thank you, I can relax a little bit more now 😂
Please can someone tell me what came up in the Cold War exam because I haven't been well enough to go to school for the past 8 weeks and have have a mock on the Cold War on Tuesday
What was the 2016 paper 2 (British society 1890-1918) on, reforms, women or war at home?
Original post by ojjenkins
What was the 2016 paper 2 (British society 1890-1918) on, reforms, women or war at home?

It was on women, and suffrage societies.
How did you find the paper today?:smile: I was doing the Britain from 1890-1918. I found the overall paper ok but the last source pretty hard.
I'm the same Lewis, thought the "how similar" question was tricky too
Original post by user123445
I'm the same Lewis, thought the "how similar" question was tricky too

Yes same. What did you write for the last source. I think I did it wrong, what it about conscription?
Think so. I said the cartoonist was critical of Conscription as they felt it was wrong/forceful. Also I wrote that conscientious objectors were treated badly. I also said that the reasons for conscription (capital and militarism) were wrong - but I'm not sure about this point.
Anyone else remember what they put?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending