The Student Room Group

Official Thread: OCR MEI S2/M1

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone get a minus no. for the s.d, for the Question where you had to find s.d and mean for the normal distribution.
Original post by Alexw1812
Wasn't too bad, apart from MEI trying to confuse everyone with the choice of scale for the scatter graph 😂

Spent 10min on that scatter graph, trying to make sure all the points were right😞Smh
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
Did anyone get a minus no. for the s.d, for the Question where you had to find s.d and mean for the normal distribution.

I got 6513 or around that
(edited 7 years ago)
I know I got the find the mean and sd for a fan completely wrong. Had a standard deviation of like 7000.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone get for the mean and standard deviation of question 3?
Original post by Crozzer24
I got 1.74 or around that

Yes I got that too, then you have to do 1.74.../ square root of 60 for the standard error I think
I got 1.74 or around that

Damn, think i got a D then
Yes I got that too, then you have to do 1.74.../ square root of 60 for the standard error I think

**** forgot that lol. There goes 7 marks
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
Damn, think i got a D then

Sorry I was on about q4. Q3 I got 6513 for the sd and 58350 for mean
Original post by WuMyster
I know I got the find the mean and sd for a fan completely wrong. Had a standard deviation of like 7000.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that, I'm pretty sure its right as I checked it through (think it was like 6500 something) and mean was around 58000.
**** forgot that lol. There goes 7 marks

That won't be 7 lost, usual format out of 11, couple for hypothesis and defining mu, finding mean will be one, finding sample standard deviation will be one, couple for doing the test to get the value for test statistic (probs won't get that, maybe one method) then the rest for reaching conclusion which you'll get all of provided it was the right conclusion
Original post by gregsonog
I got that, I'm pretty sure its right as I checked it through (think it was like 6800 something) and mean was around 58000.

I got a standard deviation of 6513 and a mean of 58350
Sorry I was on about q4. Q3 I got 6513 for the sd and 58350 for mean

Did you get the test statistic as being around 2.8 or something?
That won't be 7 lost, usual format out of 11, couple for hypothesis and defining mu, finding mean will be one, finding sample standard deviation will be one, couple for doing the test to get the value for test statistic (probs won't get that, maybe one method) then the rest for reaching conclusion which you'll get all of provided it was the right conclusion

Hope so otherwise if the grade boundaries are the same as last year I won't be getting an A
Original post by Gabriella98
Did you get the test statistic as being around 2.8 or something?

I got the test stat wrong as I forgot to dive by root 60
I divided the significance level by 2 for the chi squared- is this wrong?
Reply 56
What did you guys put for assumption for Spearman's rank? I know the relationship has to be monotonic but I feel like I may have put "data" instead of "relationship"
Unofficial mark scheme anyone?
Reply 58
Original post by emma_1111
I divided the significance level by 2 for the chi squared- is this wrong?

Why did you divide? I don't think you're meant to do anything to significance level once you've found it?
Original post by klefki
What did you guys put for assumption for Spearman's rank? I know the relationship has to be monotonic but I feel like I may have put "data" instead of "relationship"

Had no idea but I've been told you must assume the data is not linear

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending