The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone who has interviewed at Cloisters Chambers have any advice or insight into the first round interview? Thank you.
Reply 1921
Goldsmith received 283 applications. Seems like a lot
Does anyone have experience of the one-day selection process at Lamb Building? Three interviews and a written exercise sounds intense
Just to let people know who are calling to arrange Goldsmith interviews they need your application number, which is found by opening up your applications on the gateway and looking at the numbers that appear the the end of the address bar.
Original post by Glaister
Does anyone who has interviewed at Cloisters Chambers have any advice or insight into the first round interview? Thank you.

Following on from this, can anyone remember what the woman said the structure would be? I have written down to arrive 10 mins early and that there will be a 30 min problem Q and 15 min interview... So does that mean we'll be questioned for 45 mins or we'll have 30 mins to consider the question and then 15 mins to respond...? Anyone have any further info?
Does anyone else rush to pick their phone up when they here an email alert and then want to launch it out the window when its just a junk email, this is driving me insane slowly
Original post by alybar
Goldsmith received 283 applications. Seems like a lot

Is that a lot? I thought that was about average.

I'm starting to feel a bit despondent now - without wanting to put them down, Goldsmiths were my fallback plan and now I'm thinking if I can't even get shortlisted for them, what are my chances on some of the other heavyweight chambers on which I'm still waiting responses??? :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Farrar's second round rejections out - wamp wamp
Does anyone have a slot at the "pre-interview selection evening" at St Philips, Birmingham, on Tuesday 21st June that they are willing to swap for 5:30 on Wednesday 22nd? Unfortunately I simply can't do the Wednesday as I won't be in the country.

Thanks!
Rejections post first round from 2HC and Farrar's.... Joyous day!
Reply 1930
Am I the only one who still hasen't heard anything from St Philips? Awkward...
Original post by 901dL
Am I the only one who still hasen't heard anything from St Philips? Awkward...

Nope, I also haven't heard anything at all. Strange when people have been hearing both ways
Original post by PupillageSeeker7
Nope, I also haven't heard anything at all. Strange when people have been hearing both ways

Same here!
Original post by PupillageSeeker7

I literally just got an invite to the pre-interview. Seems like they're just taking their time.
Original post by Not Amused

I'm starting to feel a bit despondent now - without wanting to put them down, Goldsmiths were my fallback plan and now I'm thinking if I can't even get shortlisted for them, what are my chances on some of the other heavyweight chambers on which I'm still waiting responses??? :frown:

I would try not to let it get to you which is so much easier said than done I know. But there have been a number of sets I thought I completely fitted the profile for, particularly a number of regional sets where I have shown a clear commitment to the region, and iv been rejected but then I have received interviews from sets which I thought were completely out of my league. It's such an arbitrary process.

On a separate note, I have currently had (or have coming up) 6 first round interviews from non-gateway sets but 0 from gateway sets has anyone else had this problem?

With regards to the number of applications to goldsmiths I would say that is quite low in comparison with other sets as I know a number of places that receive in excess of 500 applications.

On a final note, has anyone heard from Nexus yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anybody ask when we are likely to hear from 1COR Brighton following interview?
Second round out for Serjeants' :smile:
Original post by Not Amused

You shouldn't be. Goldsmiths is the only PG set that have rejected me so far and i've had final rounds at top sets like 42BR in the past. So don't let this or any other rejections get you down….we are all on the same boat! :smile:
I was very concerned with a post here about 15nbs pulling their pupillage vacancy, as I spent a lot of time on the application. So I called then and I'm glad to find out that this is not the case. I was advised that they are still going through the applications and would contact candidates soon.

Although she refused to specify any timescale when we should expect to hear back, but at least the process is still ongoing.
Just got an email and update on GW, unsuccessful for 9BR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending