The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pablo Picasso
Very straightforward exam. Should be normal/higher grade boundaries. It was just slightly worded a litlle differently but content was nothing but normal.

People have come out with very low confidence from this exam. We do not need people like you to be arrogant and stress people out further. You can see the majority are worried, so please respect this.
Reply 501
Original post by ILuvAipomZ
deffo a troll

If it they're not a troll it's just one person that feels like the exam was alright. Look at everyone else in this thread, including myself, that felt like it was their hardest paper.
Pretty sure it was x^2>=abs(5x-6)
So that would give X<=-6, X>=3, 1<=x<=2
This was the hardest C3 exam ever...
farewell my hopes and dreams

and my firm. AND my insurance.
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Likely predictions [should change much from last year as this is the last iteration of the specification]

A* 65
A 60
B 56
C 48

L

O

L
does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
also, i think an A will be 50. A* is out of reach for me, but it should be around 55-58
Original post by LucasFletcher
Pretty sure it was x^2>=abs(5x-6)
So that would give X<=-6, X>=3, 1<=x<=2

yeah if you plot both graphs you'll see the x<<-6 is not necessary mod of 5x-6 so dosent go below the xaxis
other than that its correct
Original post by KB_97
If it they're not a troll it's just one person that feels like the exam was alright. Look at everyone else in this thread, including myself, that felt like it was their hardest paper.

even if he did find it easy, he can clearly see that everyone else found it hard so its like why would the grade boundaries be higher than last year LOL
Original post by Cascadess
I was thinking of doing that, but I thought that ln(3x)^2 was different to ln(3x^2)? Like can't you only bring down the 2 if it's in the ln?

Yeah I was thinking of bringing the two down but because the whole bracket is squared you can't do that
Original post by the1pedro
I got f(x) </= 8ln8 -8

SAME

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would argue that 50% of my school, and all candidates came out of that exam crying
Did anyone get gg(x)=x^4?
Original post by Fudge2
What about the mod question? I had like -6,1,2 and 4 as the intersections or something? I can't really remember

I got that too I think
Original post by bartbarrow
Correct, you had to change the integral to
(lnx) * (lnx)/(x^2)

set u=lnx, v'=lnx/x^2
u'=1/x, v=(your answer to the previous part)

and go from there

I'm sticking by

100 UMS - 70 (maybe 69)
A* - 62
A - 55
B - 51
C - 46
D - 41
E - 36

Riiigghhhtttt, thank you!
Reply 515
what did everyone get for exact value of cosx in the last question? trigonometrical identites are usually my strong points but couldn't do it for some reason. didn't look too bad at first but then i filled out 2 pages full of scribbles and failure and then my time ran out with another 9 marks down the drain
Original post by tanyapotter
does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
also, i think an A will be 50. A* is out of reach for me, but it should be around 55-58

I'm sorry to disappoint but it would be highly unlikely for an A to be 50. It was a tricky paper but the previous grades were:
June 15 - 57
June 14 - 59
June 13 - 60
Jan 13 - 63

If it were 50 we would be talking about 6 marks difference from past years.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by the1pedro
think i got f(x) </= 8ln8 -8 or something

how did you do thaaaat
Unofficial Mark Scheme

1. differentiation

2. numerical methods =1.51

3. 1<<x>>2 x>>3 x<<-6

4. stretch in x factor 1/2 flowed by translation (2.5,0)
4b. i got point A(2e^-2+2,0) B(0,e+e^-1) line of intersection as y-e^-1=-e(x-2)/2 (couldnt put into form they wanted)

5. f(x)<<8ln(8)-8 and gg(x)=x

6. pi(4-ln(9)-(ln(3))^2)

7. ?

8. 117/244

9. cos(x)=-5/13
9b. -32.4, -21.3
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ILuvAipomZ
even if he did find it easy, he can clearly see that everyone else found it hard so its like why would the grade boundaries be higher than last year LOL

clearly because he has nothing better to do and is looking to get a rise out of people on an internet discussion board.
Some people are just like that. lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending