The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
sobs... I thought core 3 was the easier paper but should've known AQA would twist it beyond recognition
58 A*
The curve A has the equation y= ln(2cosec 9x - e^(tan x sec x))/ln(cos y tan y).

The curve A shows the inside of your ********

Find the solid of revolution of A bounded by y=1 and y=7.

Take this solid of revolution and go f*** yourself with it.

[2 marks]

guys i couldn't do this question, pls help
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 623
Sadistic mother****er who made that paper
Original post by Legend12345
what did everyone get for the last question, part c? i got 22.7 and -66.8 or something like that

You ended up with cos(2x-70)=-5/13
Therefore 2x-70=112.62,247.38 etc but since you're gonna add 70 and then / by 2 you need a negative as these don't fit within -90 & 90

So you get 2x-70 = -112.62, -247.38
2x= -42.62, -177.38
Therefore x= -21.3 and -88.7

Sorry if I'm awful at explaining this :/
In my opinion, questions like 1-5or6, alright, just your normal C3 stuff, even if it was hidden a little, but then after that the stuff was at the higher end of what is required at C3 BUT ALSO (and this is why i ****ed the last three questions) It seemed a lot more hidden than usual.

The way they hid what was needed this year got me.
Reply 626
Original post by CatherineJohnson
Hi. I hold an offer from Oxford and I thought it was horrendous. Just Saying. I felt fully prepared going into the exam, but thought the paper was totally out of character. There were very few short answers and a much greater number of 6 and 7 markers that I would have expected, meaning it was hard to make up time. For the first time ever, I didn't have an excess of time to check through my answers and there were even answers I left blank.

Same here. Oxford offer holder and also found it horrendous.
An A will probably be around 54. That exam was tough. I feel like I got so close with a few of the questions but couldnt finish them off.
Reply 628
I think we can all agree that that paper was outrageously hard, I spent countless hours doing all the past papers dropping only 5 marks ish each time, and this is the first one where I have missed questions. Anyone who said it was an average paper quite clearly did not sit the same exam as the rest of us. Everyone at my college found it very hard, including the A* students.
Too much time is on your hands if you feel the need to argue on student room.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyjane_x
But how does integrating your answer to part a) get lnx/x^2
Wouldn't that be like integrating lnx/x^2 twice and getting lnx/x^2

Here :smile: ( I don't remember what I put for part a so I just rushed it, if it's wrong the idea still holds)
Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 12.18.20.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 631
Original post by lollypop101
loooooooooooool rah shut up why are u on this thread move man

bmt looool
Original post by Pablo Picasso
If this was an attempt to approximate 3.1415, then it should've been 3.142.

Why are you still on this thread? If you found the paper easy why discuss it on here?
I could do that AQA Core 3 exam blindfolded. Tied up. And the writer of the paper standing there with a whip, lube and some spiked dildos.
****ing dreadful
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Look, AQA will not drastically change the grade boundaries. If it was that hard, it wouldn't have been chosen for this year's paper. What they are trying to do, is stop thousands of student who simply do past papers and get A*s, without knowing the actual content. If this is one of you, you do not deserve to pass. The question about range, merely required simple mathematical ingenuity. Looking beyond this, the content was nothing but fundamental C3 AQA Maths knowledge.

to Pablo Picasso:
On behalf of the entirety of year 13 students on the British ****ing Isles: you are a class A core 3 c*** bag.
Ps : sym
Original post by CatherineJohnson
Hi. I hold an offer from Oxford and I thought it was horrendous. Just Saying. I felt fully prepared going into the exam, but thought the paper was totally out of character. There were very few short answers and a much greater number of 6 and 7 markers that I would have expected, meaning it was hard to make up time. For the first time ever, I didn't have an excess of time to check through my answers and there were even answers I left blank.

I finished with only q9 with 45 mins left, only had 10 mins to check the test. Bloody aqa with their cosx, if you actually plugged the initial value of x you get into either formula you would get the inverse of the answer. I wasted so much time and didn't realise I had differentiated (ln3x)^2 wrong till I had 1 min left. Barely managed to change some of the working but enough up till the final line with the answer. Granted handwriting was very small on those parts since I was trying to cram it in, do you think they'll give me the method marks?
55 a*
50 a
45 b
Original post by bartbarrow
Here :smile:
Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 12.18.20.png

I wanted to give you rep... but apparently I've given you too much.... so have a comment. :ike:
Original post by jake4198
55 a*
50 a
45 b

Is this comment a parody?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending