The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 4B Pre-release

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any criticisms of item 1? like to answer a " comment on the usefulness" style question?????
Original post by Cathy678
I'm really confused between the difference of p2 and p3 and what they show and how you interpret them??

Okay so p2 is the final consumption of all types of energy, including coal, electricity, petroleum etc. But then figure 3 shows the sources, but not of all energy sources only of electricity? So if you look at your AIB the total of all the bars in p3 represents the sources of the yellow electricity bar in p2. Does that make sense?:smile:
Original post by nicole12345
Does anyone have any criticisms of item 1? like to answer a " comment on the usefulness" style question?????

It's pretty difficult to think of criticisms as it's from a BBC news article, which is likely to be one of the least bias sources so if it comes up I'll probably just focus on the positive aspects (unless someone else thinks of some criticisms!)
If we use information from the AIB in the exam do we have to quote which item it's from?
Original post by psychemma
If we use information from the AIB in the exam do we have to quote which item it's from?

I would as it shows that you have referenced the sources :smile:
Original post by nicole12345
Okay so p2 is the final consumption of all types of energy, including coal, electricity, petroleum etc. But then figure 3 shows the sources, but not of all energy sources only of electricity? So if you look at your AIB the total of all the bars in p3 represents the sources of the yellow electricity bar in p2. Does that make sense?:smile:

That's fab, thank you :smile:
What does it mean in the AIB where it says nuclear power stations will go "online"?
I doubt you'll need to use Mann Whitney U-Test since it requires more than 5 pieces of data but suggests less than 20. Unless you're doing a really small (unreliable and unrepresentative) questionnaire for the fieldwork, it's not appropriate - you don't want to be ranking a set of 500 pieces of data.
Original post by Lavender26
What does it mean in the AIB where it says nuclear power stations will go "online"?

Where to does it say this?👀
Reply 249
Original post by Cathy678
Where to does it say this?👀

It means the power station will `open` ie once the new nuclear plant has been constructed it will come `online` and start producing energy
i think im reading the graphs wrong... for p2 is nuclear around 65000 thousand tonnes or is it 5000 tonnes of oil :s-smilie:
Reply 251
Original post by Algeriandz
i think im reading the graphs wrong... for p2 is nuclear around 65000 thousand tonnes or is it 5000 tonnes of oil :s-smilie:

i assume you mean `p3` but its 5000 tonnes of oil, 65 thousand is the total of all the sources combined in 1970 :smile:
Reply 252
Does anyone have a table for the pros and cons of fracking, like who's in favour of it and who isn't?
Original post by Lavender26

As recently the nuclear stations are getting old and need replacing or upgrading. this might take a few years due to improving technologies and the treatment and disposal of waste so it will the start up again producing stuff
Original post by amysos
Does anyone have a table for the pros and cons of fracking, like who's in favour of it and who isn't?

Theres far too many pros and cons to say but with the whos in favour

for: Goverment, the companies involved, scientists

Against: friends of the earth, anti fracking groups across Lancashire eg frackfree
Just wondering if anyone could help me out with what type of sampling there using? i get the different types just cant decide which one to use!!
What extra research have people done? Would appreciate some help here. Feel like my teachers have left me unprepared.
Original post by Luis Suarez
What extra research have people done? Would appreciate some help here. Feel like my teachers have left me unprepared.

Do you have the zigzag book if so go through that.

if not search online fracking aqa 2016 and theres loads of websites that are really helpful to unpick all the figures

i would advise looking at lots of English sites rather that american as we have very different laws!

also have a scroll back through here and theres lots of helpful links and youtube videos that give you a wider understanding xx
Original post by Goulden_J
I doubt you'll need to use Mann Whitney U-Test since it requires more than 5 pieces of data but suggests less than 20. Unless you're doing a really small (unreliable and unrepresentative) questionnaire for the fieldwork, it's not appropriate - you don't want to be ranking a set of 500 pieces of data.

aha thats so true sometimes they can get you to finish off a half filled in table then analyse what it means ? that came up in the geog 3 paper this year :smile:
I am really panicking about tomorrow, I feel like my teacher hasn't prepared me very well and I have done very little revision for geog4B! Obviously the exam is tomorrow, but I was just wondering whether anyone could tell me what the most important things are for my to revise/learn/research because I fell as though I am really confused about this entire exam, and I have literally left it till the last minute!! It would be so great If anyone could help, thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending