The Student Room Group

OCR Business Studies F297 2016 - VGL Case Study

Scroll to see replies

Definitely!! My teacher was saying they put a contingency of like 8 or something because it's just a line of best fit and everyone will draw it different
Reply 321
did we have to use the graph or was it just there to help does anyone know?
I did that but got 209.3
for question 1 I added the trends for Q3 and divided by 3, then added the cyclical variations of Q3 and divided that by 3. These 2 totals are then added together to make the forecast figure of Q3 in 2016.

As for people asking about the graph, there was no mention of a ruler in the items section, and there was also no grid lines available, therefore I believe that the graph was there to throw people off. Also the graph has the trends, however we didn't have the data available to discover the trend for Q3 2016. The question asked for the income index forecast.

Hope this raises peoples confidence!

PS I got 213.33, as did the majority at my svhool
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 324
Original post by Jordandakota
I put this too! I said they can do it by improving their liquidity by reducing stock and reducing contamination by motivation and training :smile:

"Improving efficiency is more an objective statement/goal, rather than a strategy.A strategy needs to discuss stages, that can be implemented, to ensure efficiency can improve. Efficiency alone though, is not a strategy.
Original post by Ell2015
"Improving efficiency is more an objective statement/goal, rather than a strategy.A strategy needs to discuss stages, that can be implemented, to ensure efficiency can improve. Efficiency alone though, is not a strategy.

Yeah and I've just said what they can do. Improve liquidity by reducing their stock by selling at lower prices on national markets and implementing motivational methods and investing in off the job training to reduce contamination.
Reply 326
I ran out of time on the 23 marker but did manage to include 2 strategies, stating the positives and negatives to each one for VGL. i also spoke about how they are already efficient and included some figures... but it must have been no more than a page and a half. what are the maximum marks i can get as i nowhere near finished it.
what did everyone get for the seasonal variance for q3, where you add up all the q3 and divide the nmber by 3
Original post by katie1123
Hopefully that will get me four marks maybe, I think I did okay everywhere else but I am worried that has brought me down, I really wanted a B but i've never been good at calculations.
Thank you for answering though:smile:

don't worry i am in the same boat, I need a B thought it went well but messed up on TSA, struggled massively
my teacher said on the strategy question we should have had an intro where you talk about the objectives of the statergy and what you want to achieve and where you want to be. Then state you need to do an internal and external audit ( which are factors) and state them such as change management and level each factor on how it would affect potential strategy.

Hope this helps
Reply 330
Original post by georgie2498
my teacher said on the strategy question we should have had an intro where you talk about the objectives of the statergy and what you want to achieve and where you want to be. Then state you need to do an internal and external audit ( which are factors) and state them such as change management and level each factor on how it would affect potential strategy.

Hope this helps

:smile: thanks for ruining my day
For 1a I got 109.3, how big a difference do you think they'll allow?
Reply 332
Original post by the Man!
For 1a I got 109.3, how big a difference do you think they'll allow?

most people got in the 200's so i doubt they would allow such a difference. one of us have gone wrong so I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just relating it to if the answer was 210 for example.
Original post by GFEFC1
most people got in the 200's so i doubt they would allow such a difference. one of us have gone wrong so I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just relating it to if the answer was 210 for example.

Sorry mate, meant to say I got 209.3. How big a range do you think there is?
Reply 334
Original post by the Man!
Sorry mate, meant to say I got 209.3. How big a range do you think there is?

aha no worries, yeah i'd say thats easily within range yeno. everyone will interpret the direction of the line differently so just as long as you got the first figure right (that you added to the figure from the line) you should be sound.
Original post by Ell2015

Well I put efficiency too, and my teacher said it was a good strategy sooo....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending