The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bartbarrow
Unfortunately it was :frown:

Bye bye university😊🔫
Reply 701
that paper was the worse thing ever and I was so confident before it I had did everything from the start without fail ugh.
And when it comes to grade boundaries it's nothing to do with past paper marks, what actually happens is that they standardise it. They take into account what everyone in the country got for the paper and then they calculate grade boundaries from that,
That paper just messed up my whole grade
The truth is that this exam wasn't extremely difficult. What it did was separate those that study to those that are smart and study. Dont forget. Not everyone should go uni and in fact too many are going

That being said, I probably got a D or E. I accept it and realise that I don't deserve a place. I'm not entitled to a place.

Hopefully you can a realise this and move forward instead of dwelling and feeling anger
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Just turned 18 in April

U know what yeah, im glad u found the paper easy etc like be proud of urself for finding it easy init, but everyone here found it bare hard and u keep reverting the conversation back to how easy u found it, so unless ur gonna shed some light on the answers pls fkoff thx x
Original post by 1TrueMeaning
Got 117/224. Luckily. You wrote the wrong question.

thats incorrect, the value was 0.79

anyone get 177/224 ?
Was not harder than last year. In fact, was the same difficulty / this year was a little easier

Really, it sounds really bad from the way people are talking about it, I just finished my first year at uni and I wanna see the paper so bad lol
Original post by georgecarsley
anyone get 177/224 ?

yes that is the correct answer

You remember how many marks it was worth?
I'm sincerely sorry if i broke your heart.

Hi Pablo. You might be annoying but you certainly did not diserve the comment made by the individual to whom you replied to with the quoted message.
I agree with Pablo. Tests are designed to filter out people by intelligence. Personally I finished a bit late so I had 20 minutes to spare. This paper just consisted of applying basic AQA maths knowledge to slightly awkward questions. It was fine.

Every single year people react like this to every single paper. Every year people say "omg, that was the hardest paper ever!!!11".
No, the A* grade boundary will not be below 60.

Get a grip
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by khuman97
you bring the 2 down because its ln, so it will be 2ln3x/x anf then bring the 2 out next to pie and do and it will ln3x/x then continue

nah dude, thats wrong, its what i did and its wrong:frown:
Original post by Salty carpet
You remember how many marks it was worth?

7 marks
did anyone get - root 5 for the answer to the stationary point?
Original post by Berth
Hsjdjd

Agreed :/
Hitler reactions please someone
Original post by harrybo6
nah dude, thats wrong, its what i did and its wrong:frown:

Sadly i did that too. Hopefully it is a common misconception so they will cut us some slack with the method marks.

That fraction looks familiar, think it's 0.7...., I checked it on my calculator in the exam.
Reply 718
Original post by utilitymaker
I agree with Pablo. Tests are designed to filter out people by intelligence. Personally I finished a bit late so I had 20 minutes to spare. This paper just consisted of applying basic AQA maths knowledge to slightly awkward questions. It was fine.

Every single year people react like this to every single paper. Every year people say "omg, that was the hardest paper ever!!!11".
No, the A* grade boundary will not be below 60.

Get a grip

Which is ridiculous. Some people aren't as good at taking tests as other people so you're filtering out intelligent people who are good at taking tests and leaving behind anyone intelligent who may be better at practical application of mathematics.
Original post by Legend12345
did anyone get - root 5 for the answer to the stationary point?

Me i just put it into my calc squared it and

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending