The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Onica
I think I did it wrong but can you check if its right?
I was rushing that I couldn't think properly!

So, first I put forward the idea of SLT and outlined the theory (observation, imitation, vicarious reinforcement etc.) I also stated the idea of age, gender etc increasing the likelihood of the behaviour being displayed. I then explained how this theory can be used to explain pro-social behaviour.

I then have an example of a programme that they could put on tv. I don't know if this is right or if it makes sense, but I said that they could create a game show programme, where the people in that programme will be both girls and boys and children. I said that the programme will be centralised on teamwork and cooperation (pro-social behaviour':wink: where teams have to work to win. The winning team gets medals. I said that tho supports SLT as it will increase the chances if this behaviour being displayed, for example, children may imitate this in school when they have to work in teams and cooperate. I said that , presuming that children of both genders will watch this, that's why the programme should include children and of both gender to incase the chances of it being displayed.

I then stated a study to back up the idea that promoting pro -social behaviour in the media had led to successful pro'-social behaviour. I used Lassie.,

Did I do it incorrect ? Was I meant to use an existing programme or will I still get marks?? I'm sure it said to create a programme

Also, was I meant to talk about more than one theory, or will one explanation suffice?? I didn't get the 'research' part so added one at the end bac k up my points that the media can be successful in promoting pro -social behaviour
I think I did it wrong!

I think thats a really good answer, with clear structure!!
I used similar studies to you other than the lassie one which i didnt learn, i used the idea of a school setting and morals, i wrote alot about it but i cant really remember it now ive tried to blank it all out haha, but i remember writing studies abut age and influence of older children so to make the show appealing to younger and older children so they can discuss it etc, then i spoke about the message being repeated and used studies etc.
What did people write for the research methods question where it said why did they use random sampling? And what did you write about how to conduct a random sample? Thanks
Reply 6402
Original post by Abbey15
I think thats a really good answer, with clear structure!!
I used similar studies to you other than the lassie one which i didnt learn, i used the idea of a school setting and morals, i wrote alot about it but i cant really remember it now ive tried to blank it all out haha, but i remember writing studies abut age and influence of older children so to make the show appealing to younger and older children so they can discuss it etc, then i spoke about the message being repeated and used studies etc.

Oh phew. I know I did well on schizophrenia and media, but was just worried about this question. I need to get good marks on these sections because I know research methods will pull down my grade.

Thanks for having a look at my answer! :smile:
Original post by Onica
Oh phew. I know I did well on schizophrenia and media, but was just worried about this question. I need to get good marks on these sections because I know research methods will pull down my grade.

Thanks for having a look at my answer! :smile:

No problem 😋 i really do think you will be fine! Ah i need to make up for sleep on the other paper so heres hoping for decent results and low grade boundries! Good luck x
For the (stupid) graph in the RM questions, why are people saying you do an extra column for each condition with the range? Shouldn't you have range bars on the graph to show that the mean is somewhere in this range with the median being where you centre your range?
Reply 6405
Does nobody know how the UMS marks work for Psychology? For example, say for PSYA3 for a C grade it's around 34 and for a B it's 39/40, so will 37 be like 65 UMS as it's half way between C and B?? Can someone explain this because I'm confused:confused:
how did everyone feel about bio therapies? was not expecting that at all
Reply 6407
Original post by georgie2498

Yeah it was unexpected and I think it was for everyone! Would of liked classification and diagnosis to come up, but I revised everything well and was prepared for all questions. I don't think question was bad actually, and I think it went quite well for me.
Original post by georgie2498

Wasnt expecting it so glad i knew it,
I spoke about drug therapy and at the end did some for ECT and psychosurgery but said they are not used anymore x
Original post by Onica
Does nobody know how the UMS marks work for Psychology? For example, say for PSYA3 for a C grade it's around 34 and for a B it's 39/40, so will 37 be like 65 UMS as it's half way between C and B?? Can someone explain this because I'm confused:confused:

Try using the UMS Converter on the AQA website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone's answers look so good whilst I f'd up everything, I'm so confused about the first media question, I thought we had to only use studies as it mentioned 'psychological research of prosocial behaviour" arghhhhh! :frown:
Reply 6411
Original post by Abbey15
Wasnt expecting it so glad i knew it,
I spoke about drug therapy and at the end did some for ECT and psychosurgery but said they are not used anymore x

I forgot to mention that they're not used anymore, that shouldn't affect my marks that much, should it?
Reply 6412
Original post by WhereTheyAtDoe
Everyone's answers look so good whilst I f'd up everything, I'm so confused about the first media question, I thought we had to only use studies as it mentioned 'psychological research of prosocial behaviour" arghhhhh! :frown:

Hmm, the question did say that and it was a tricky one, but it was an application question. That meant that you had to apply the knowledge to the scenario and I guess the psychological research was to back it up?
I'm sure you've done well than what you think. Don't worry, I messed up on research methods so it didn't go that well for me as I will loose quite a lot of marks.
Also, the grade boundaries will probably be lower this year as lost of people found it hard.

I know PSYA3 didn't go well for everyone, but how did it go for you? I've heard that people who did the relationship question, it went well for them. You never know, you could also get good marks on that paper as the boundaries will be low.

I'm sure you've done well
Original post by Onica
I forgot to mention that they're not used anymore, that shouldn't affect my marks that much, should it?

On a previous paper where they have asked them to outline biological therapies for schizophrenia they have put;''Students who cover ECT as A01 should make it clear that this treatment was used historically but has not been widely used for sz or deemed appropriate in recent years. However, it's more recent use in conjunction with antipsychotics for drug resistant patients could provide effective evaluation.''
Will they not mark my answer if I didn't leave two lines between each answer? I forgot 😔
Original post by Can't think name
Will they not mark my answer if I didn't leave two lines between each answer? I forgot 😔

From other peoples comments on this forum I would say that no it doesn't matter if you don't leave two marks?
Original post by andymharrison_
My answers that i can remember on Research methods:

1. Anxiety scores will decrease after partaking in the anxiety management class
2. Design question; introduced myself, method, right to withdraw, confidentiality (think i missed out aims :/)
3. Reliability is how consistent something is
Internal validity refers to whether something measures what it is intended to
4. Methods of assessing internal validity;
- Content (explanation)
- Concurrent (explanation)
- Face (explanation)
5. Found data to be significant (explanation)

That is all i can remember aha, what does everyone think?

I wrote pretty much the same as you! Hope we're both right 😬
Original post by Lularose83
I wrote pretty much the same as you! Hope we're both right 😬

What did u write about the statistical test one? I was stupid n wrote chi squared cuz I looked at the table...should've thought abt the questionnaire
Original post by Can't think name
What did u write about the statistical test one? I was stupid n wrote chi squared cuz I looked at the table...should've thought abt the questionnaire

I put Mann Whitney U! I know a lot of people who put the same as you though, so I don't think what I did was right. Maybe they'll be lenient in the make scheme! :smile:
Original post by Lmw26
I did this too... Does anyone know if we will lose all 4 marks for not including the range?

only one mark lost, if you still included axis (labelled) title and key if necessary

Latest

Trending

Trending