The Student Room Group

Wjec ch4 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sumeyyatontus
I really hope you're right with those grade boundaries! I'm hoping for no more than 60/61 for an A due to how many silly mistakes I made due to the stupid layout of some of the questions :frown:

Does anyone know if teachers have a copy of the paper yet?

Teachers get a copy today once the papers have been sent off.
My Teacher predicted 62 ish
I perosnally think 60ish. WJEC CH4 have been as low as 59 so i think its possible
Original post by Formless
My Teacher predicted 62 ish
I perosnally think 60ish. WJEC CH4 have been as low as 59 so i think its possible

If it's 62 I could possibly just about make the boundary but not 100% sure .. I resat both CH1 and CH2 so I'm hoping those can pull me up as well
How many marks do you think you've got?

Edit: the A grade boundary has been as low as 56! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
If it's 62 I could possibly just about make the boundary but not 100% sure .. I resat both CH1 and CH2 so I'm hoping those can pull me up as well
How many marks do you think you've got?

Edit: the A grade boundary has been as low as 56! :smile:

Lool 56!? that correction has given me hope lmao, below 60 please WJEC. I think i got around 64 - 62
Original post by Formless
Lool 56!? that correction has given me hope lmao, below 60 please WJEC. I think i got around 64 - 62

I know hahaha, yeah I think I've definitely lost about 14 marks, and then probs another 3 or 4 I don't know about... Fingers crossed. Still haunted by the fact I lost about 5 marks just for reading the questions wrong/not thinking properly
I know hahaha, yeah I think I've definitely lost about 14 marks, and then probs another 3 or 4 I don't know about... Fingers crossed. Still haunted by the fact I lost about 5 marks just for reading the questions wrong/not thinking properly

Yeah absolutely kicking myself for some of my stupid mistakes. Gotta hope the boundaries are in are favor and smash CH5
I read the graph wrong and thought it was m/z of 71 so i got the formula C4H7O which doesnt make sense. I indentified the correct number of carbons and I managed to identify all groups, ratios and splitting patterns in NMR. How many marks will I drop?
Original post by matt1997x
I read the graph wrong and thought it was m/z of 71 so i got the formula C4H7O which doesnt make sense. I indentified the correct number of carbons and I managed to identify all groups, ratios and splitting patterns in NMR. How many marks will I drop?

You'll lose the marks for identifying the molecular structure, but for the "use all information" bla bla part you'll probably get all the marks I assume? And then lose the mark for the structural formula
I've only just seen this thread. I thought the paper was difficult but not impossible, it was just different, from what I've heard the style we had is like the new AS papers. I would say about 62/63 for the A. Hoping ch5 is a nice paper. By the way did anyone get 2 methyl propanal for the molecule?
I got 2 methyl propanal. I thought the style of the questions were different too because I've done lots of past papers and some of the questions were completely different to what I've done. I don't think the paper was that hard though fair enough I learned loads of reactions and not most of it came up but some were actually useful lmao.
Original post by ALevel Student 1
Any tips for CH5, anyone?

My advice would be to hang in there buddy
Reply 131
Original post by Mango88
Was this the question before the one about why sucrose, glucose and fructose are soluble?

yes it was!
Reply 132
Anyone remember what the mechanism drawing question was? Was it the bromination or chlorination of benzene?
Original post by Azusa
Anyone remember what the mechanism drawing question was? Was it the bromination or chlorination of benzene?

It was friedel crafts
Anyone have an unofficial mark scheme? finding it hard to concentrate on ch5 when I'm still unsure of how I done on ch4
Original post by Naomi173
Anyone have an unofficial mark scheme? finding it hard to concentrate on ch5 when I'm still unsure of how I done on ch4

No one has the put the paper up so unfortunately not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending