The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Economics F585 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Guys ,

With regards to extract 2...What is meant by macro economic imbalances between economies? and how international flows have responded to these imbalances between economies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Could someone please list all the disgrams we possibily may need to know for all five extracts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 302
I know that this is the macro thread, however, does anyone know how to structure this question: "Explain why the level of profit can vary considerably between one oligopolistic industry and another. [10]"

This was on the old specification but there's little difference between the two.
Original post by Zooloo
I know that this is the macro thread, however, does anyone know how to structure this question: "Explain why the level of profit can vary considerably between one oligopolistic industry and another. [10]"

This was on the old specification but there's little difference between the two.

Is that a labour markets question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ukhti18
Could someone please list all the disgrams we possibily may need to know for all five extracts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think we need to know that many. These are the only ones I can think of:
Tariff diagram
J-Curve
Trade creation
Trade diversion
Original post by Marshmallow21
I don't think we need to know that many. These are the only ones I can think of:
Tariff diagram
J-Curve
Trade creation
Trade diversion

And obvioisly supply side? Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marshmallow21
Tariff diagram
J-Curve
Trade creation
Trade diversion

Where would trade diversion and trade creation be relevant in the extracts?
Reply 307
Original post by _Dreamville_
Is that a labour markets question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's a market structure q
Hi, how is everyone revising for this exam?? i've gone through and highlighted the extracts a few time and looked at econplusdal's model answer pack but dont know what else to do!
Reply 309
Original post by SharinganShahz
Hi, how is everyone revising for this exam?? i've gone through and highlighted the extracts a few time and looked at econplusdal's model answer pack but dont know what else to do!

could you send me the pack i really need help answering questions.thank you
Original post by MUTTA
could you send me the pack i really need help answering questions.thank you

I don't think the author wishes his resources to be published online since he is charging for them.
Original post by coolguy123456

Factors promoting or discoursing globalisation with reference to trading blocs
Original post by thopkins
And the other one

You are a lifesaver
im really confused by this question: comment on the case for allowing exchange rates to flow freely?

any help would be appreciated!
These are all the possible questions that could come up with model answers.

These are really helpful - thanks for sharing!
Reply 315
The best tip for f585 is just make essay plans for all the questions possible to come up and memorise them
Since the answers for the essays question are almost like AS but a bit longer, i'm worried that i might just end up with answering them in AS level in exam :'(
anyways, this is my essay plans for remittances question, if that helps
These are all the possible questions that could come up with model answers.

Life saver!!!!!!!
Original post by coolguy123456

Trade creation is a benefit of trade whereas trade diversion is a disadvantage of trade :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending