The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by utilitymaker
I am just saying that every year candidates say the same thing:

"omg it was so hard"
"aqa omgggg whyyy"

And now it's happening here.

Is it not delusional to expect A* to be below 60? Is it not delusional to think that everyone has bombed the exam because they did? Is it not delusional to think that because they flopped that the exam board it to blame? Is it not delusional to start a petition about this exam's difficulty.
Even if you won't admit it, I know your answer.

AQA is innocent, you all are not. It's easy to blame the "evil" exam board just because you were too lazy to revise.

And no, this is an exam DISCUSSION. Not a safe space for failures to circlejerk at how horrible they did and how it wasn't their fault.

Ugh get a grip

PS: The time you spent typing up that joke of message you could have spent REVISING for your other exams. I expect to see you here complaining again post-Core 4

C u n t
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Yes :smile: or ask here. I don't have a photographic memory :/

How many marks out of 6 would I get on the (e^2x +1) differential if I correctly worked out the x and y points and got the base of e^3 but not getting the final answer.

Did you get 4.49 for Simpson's Rule?

Would I get marks on the last question part a). for putting everything in terms of cosx. I got 1/cosx =0.2 which is wrong, but would I get method marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MollyTaylor1998
How convenient to have a head of maths who also works for AQA! Strange to think he didn't mention that it takes a board of examiners and staticians months of analysis to come up with grade boundaries? And that many factors come into play other than the difficulty of the questions🤔 Like I don't know maybe the performance of candidates compared to prior performance and predicted grades? And not to mention the percentage of people who achieve over 90%? So strange that he could give you such a definitive answer!

Strange to also think you assume the 10% quartile of students achieving A*s will drastically change
Original post by Barbecuetime123
My further maths teacher also works for AQA, she said basically the same.... Any thoughts on what full ums will be?

Yeah, my teacher pointed out the same, a lot of it was applying what you know, though it might be a little lower than normal, seeing that there's a lot of people complaining about it (straight A/A* students at my school including myself found it difficult compared to previous years).

Though, there is the fact that those who perform well tend not to bring it up, unless they want to brag about it, so there's probably bias towards those who didn't perform as well.
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Just spoke to the head of Maths in my school, who also works for AQA, he said that many people who thought it was hard were merely exaggerating, and the grade boundaries will likely not move from the previous years' iteration. He predicts thus

A* 65
A 61
B 56
C 53

He also said he thought that none of the questions were new or weirdly written, so i guess the grade boundaries will remain standard

Go away no one likes you
Reply 845
I thought it was reasonable although it was the hardest C3 paper I've seen (but one has to be). I think I made a few mistakes but fairly confident it will still be an A*, although the UMS will probably not be as high as I would have liked.
Exactly. It was an easy paper.

I finished 20 minutes early personally. I'm buzzing at how great it went and I'm not even good at maths!

M8 your life is going to be such a joke when you get a U in Core 3. Don't be so confident.
Reply 848
Then I guess U know what you'll get on results day.

Hint: I put it in the sentence above!

this guy is a ****ing ****. tryna make everyone feel even worse you daft mother ****er. Think youre such a big man ennit
Any one else get 4.05 fr simpson rule
Reply 850
I don't think you should be doing A-levels let alone maths...

I may have failed but I still have friends. You on the other hand are ugly smelly and probably have none
Original post by KP.
this guy is a ****ing ****. tryna make everyone feel even worse you daft mother ****er. Think youre such a big man ennit

I sincerely hope that you didn't write filth like that in your exam paper!
Original post by Berke0
I may have failed but I still have friends. You on the other hand are ugly smelly and probably have none

I look satisfactory, smell normal and have an array of friends actually.

I also passed.
Reply 853

this guy is a ****
Reply 854
I look satisfactory, smell normal and have an array of friends actually.

I also passed.

Prove it. Post a photo of you and you friends. I don't believe you do

Really think you should stop with your comments. You're just seeking for attention.
Original post by C0balt
Your thoughts are much appreciated 😊

For the volume of revolution question did u get

Initially I got

But when i subbed in 1/3 I got ln1 which was 0 so got the above final answer
Original post by Berke0
Prove it. Post a photo of you and you friends. I don't believe you do

I'm not going to post a picture of myself and my friends on a student forum.

Hahaha, you must be having a right laugh!

Hilarious.

I hope you slipped in a couple of these jokes onto your exam script, who knows, perhaps they'll bump your grade up to an E! :h:
UTILITYMAKER
We understand you think you are gods gift to the earth and are sure you'll get all A*s and have an amazing life, will you be quiet now and let people actually discuss the paper rather than putting people down to inflate your ego and prove to anonymous strangers on the internet how clever you are??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending