The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

It's quite the managerial line up in the Championship next season. Genuinely a bit excited.
What do we know about Stuart McCall previous Motherwell manager and now Bradford Ciy ?

Is there a Scottish thread on this site ?
Original post by redleader1
What do we know about Stuart McCall previous Motherwell manager and now Bradford Ciy ?

Is there a Scottish thread on this site ?

I know it from having lived up there. He did OK to begin with but it fizzled out after a while and he couldn't turn it around. A run of the mill manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
I know it from having lived up there. He did OK to begin with but it fizzled out after a while and he couldn't turn it around. A run of the mill manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That why im not too happy with this manager. We would have been better with Evans. Did he get Motherwell to the Champions League ?
[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ryKBnRP4Xlg[/video]
Original post by redleader1
That why im not too happy with this manager. We would have been better with Evans. Did he get Motherwell to the Champions League ?

Well they got through to some ultra preliminary round and were knocked out. Though I would add this was also when Rangers were out of the top division. He might do alright for you but he's just pretty average in my opinion.
Well they got through to some ultra preliminary round and were knocked out. Though I would add this was also when Rangers were out of the top division. He might do alright for you but he's just pretty average in my opinion.

I dont think he will. He managed us before and nearly took us to the Conferance. Poor decision by the new board.
Awesome to see players like Norwood crucial to Northern Ireland at the Euros. Up against the likes of Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka, they played brilliantly and worked well for each other.

I thought Wales looked like a Championship side today, to be honest, but Northern Ireland were full of heart and desire.
The Ched End has found a new club. Chesterfield fans, get ready for some vile chants from your away end...
Original post by shawn_o1
The Ched End has found a new club. Chesterfield fans, get ready for some vile chants from your away end...

Disgraceful decision.

Boycotting by home and away fans of games at Chesterfield should take place.
Original post by barnetlad
Disgraceful decision.

This may be controversial, but if the new evidence he claims to have exonerates him in the eyes of the law he is fully entitled to play again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by barnetlad
Disgraceful decision.

This may be controversial, but if the new evidence he claims to have exonerates him in the eyes of the law he is fully entitled to play again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The trial should take place first.
I see the Capital one cup is now the EFL cup. Anyone else think it should just be between football league clubs, like the name suggests?
Some media outlets suggesting Jordan Rhodes could be offloaded from Middlesbrough.
Big opening game for Bolton, who face Sheffield United in their first League One match. Welcome to the third tier!
Hell of a game for us to start against, Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough 4.30pm on a Sunday, plus we been drawn away to Luton in the League cup.
Original post by Rock Fan
Hell of a game for us to start against, Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough 4.30pm on a Sunday, plus we been drawn away to Luton in the League cup.

Honestly don't think you could'nt gotten a worse start than that.
A good quality, hurting Sheffield Wednesday team with a big crowd. Can only see one winner..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Wavefunction
Honestly don't think you could've gotten a worse start than that.
A good quality, hurting Sheffield Wednesday team with a big crowd. Can only see one winner..

I am not sure I think it is the making of a cracker of a game, it will be one or two things, either Wednesday come out firing or they will be still deflated from the play off final. October 29th is another day, the Birmingham derby.
Original post by Rock Fan
I am not sure I think it is the making of a cracker of a game, it will be one or two things, either Wednesday come out firing or they will be still deflated from the play off final. October 29th is another day, the Birmingham derby.

My money's on the former. It'll be moved to the Sunday most probs. You'll be on TV twice a month with sky moving fixtures left, right and centre.

Quick Reply

Latest