The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
I got about 45 marks judging by the unofficial mark scheme. I genuinely did better in FP3 than this. Quite a pathetic examination, everyone else I know that has taken it said the same. Ah well
What would 52-55 be do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 922
Original post by Yo12345
What would 52-55 be do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

an A or a B
What would 100 UMS be roughly if an A* is around 60-62 let's say
I think 55 for an A
Original post by asgdgh
I got about 45 marks judging by the unofficial mark scheme. I genuinely did better in FP3 than this. Quite a pathetic examination, everyone else I know that has taken it said the same. Ah well

I got an A in AS maths, 100 UMS in core 2, and averaged A*s in Core 3 as well as getting 74/75 in the mock, yet I also think I've only got 45 marks.

The questions were not only challenging, but the time you had in that paper was shocking. I had no time to look over my question, and as such, for the more challenging questions I had to rush my answers. This paper was nothing like the past papers, and for that, I've probably not got my firm offer and I'll be going into clearing.

When AQA compiled this piece of **** they clearly didn't have any regard for the people who are sitting it. I have an exam, one tomorrow, and Core 4 on Friday, yet my motivation to do anything is non-existent.
For Q9), the show that secx - tanx = -0.2

Would I get a method mark for putting it in the form 1/cosx + sinx/cosx = ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lollypandahype
What would 100 UMS be roughly if an A* is around 60-62 let's say

I'm thinking 70/71 hopefully
Original post by Yo12345

Posted from TSR Mobile

you haven't really done anything
Original post by Salty carpet
image.jpg
Anyone else get this for the sub integral?

90% sure I did
Original post by Yo12345

Posted from TSR Mobile

I very much doubt it because doing so doesn't help for the method :/
what do people reckon 100ums will be?
Is the derivative of [ln(3x)]^2 2/x ln(3x) ?
Original post by Salty carpet
image.jpg
Anyone else get this for the sub integral?

It was u^1/3 not u
Reply 936
Original post by jake4198
I got an A in AS maths, 100 UMS in core 2, and averaged A*s in Core 3 as well as getting 74/75 in the mock, yet I also think I've only got 45 marks.

The questions were not only challenging, but the time you had in that paper was shocking. I had no time to look over my question, and as such, for the more challenging questions I had to rush my answers. This paper was nothing like the past papers, and for that, I've probably not got my firm offer and I'll be going into clearing.

When AQA compiled this piece of **** they clearly didn't have any regard for the people who are sitting it. I have an exam, one tomorrow, and Core 4 on Friday, yet my motivation to do anything is non-existent.

Feel you, I got an A in AS. I have 6 exams left and I couldn't care less any more. If core 3 was this hard why even bother revising for FP2
Original post by lollypandahype
I very much doubt it because doing so doesn't help for the method :/

Ok thanks. And for Q7 b) how many marks would I get for correct dy/dx (2sec^x - 3secxtanx) and factorising to secx(2secx - 3 tanx) = 0 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 90% UMS last year across all 3 modules, on this paper I probably got around 45/75

Quick Reply