Scroll to see replies

I got :

tan = 1/sqrt 5
k=1
pi u/6 + 3
Sin-1(5/6) that is stable
x at time 0 is -6
Original post by physicsmaths
K=1 had me tripping for 10 minutes cause it was like 2 lines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true i did it in 1 minute when it was supposed to be 9 marks!!
K=1 had me tripping for 10 minutes cause it was like 2 lines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I knew there had to be something wrong as I have given us 4 pages for this question despite question 1 having only 2 answer papers, I thought the answer had to be longer, but I gave up trying to find an alternative solution in the end.
T
tan(90-x)=cotx.
You lose 2 I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's reassuring, thanks. Can't believe something so elementary made me mess up the question.

For q2 I essentially got cotx = kcotx. Do you reckon I'd lose around 2 here aswell? Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gagafacea1
I got :

tan = 1/sqrt 5
k=1
pi u/6 + 3
Sin-1(5/6) that is stable
x at time 0 is -6

X=6 since v=-8e^-1

Posted from TSR Mobile
X=6 since v=-8e^-1

Posted from TSR Mobile

SHOOT!! How many marks is that mistake, do you think?
SHOOT!! How many marks is that mistake, do you think?

1/2.
Reply 167
Is there a poll for how difficult people found the exam?
Original post by ombtom
Is there a poll for how difficult people found the exam?

Not that i know of, you should make one anyways (if you want to), it was mostly TeeEm who made them.
Reply 169
Not that i know of, you should make one anyways (if you want to), it was mostly TeeEm who made them.

Done. :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4166971
Reply 170
How many marks were available for each question/part?
Original post by Pyslocke
T

That's reassuring, thanks. Can't believe something so elementary made me mess up the question.

For q2 I essentially got cotx = kcotx. Do you reckon I'd lose around 2 here aswell? Thanks

1 i reckon.
Original post by ombtom
How many marks were available for each question/part?

How'd you find it?
Reply 173
Original post by Euclidean
How'd you find it?

Terrible. I didn't get the final answer for Q1, and completely messed up half of Q4 and Q5. I might get a lot of method marks, but I won't know until I see the questions again.

Honestly, I don't think it was a particularly hard exam, I just wasn't awake. :redface:
Original post by ombtom
Terrible. I didn't get the final answer for Q1, and completely messed up half of Q4 and Q5. I might get a lot of method marks, but I won't know until I see the questions again.

Honestly, I don't think it was a particularly hard exam, I just wasn't awake. :redface:

Sorry to hear that.

Is M4 particularly important for you or is it more of a throwaway module?

I think given the way they award grades you'll still do great overall, but I know the feeling... At least you did it in M4 and not FP1 like I did! :lol:
Reply 175
Sorry to hear that.

Is M4 particularly important for you or is it more of a throwaway module?

I think given the way they award grades you'll still do great overall, but I know the feeling... At least you did it in M4 and not FP1 like I did! :lol:

I can fail 8 exams and still meet my university offer so it's fine. :colone: I'm only doing Further Maths to help prepare for uni, and I've definitely achieved that. Today has knocked my confidence for M5, but at least I still have M2.
Original post by ombtom
I can fail 8 exams and still meet my university offer so it's fine. :colone: I'm only doing Further Maths to help prepare for uni, and I've definitely achieved that. Today has knocked my confidence for M5, but at least I still have M2.

Flipping heck that's good. You must have some crazy UMS scores :tongue:

I haven't started M5 revision yet, forgot a lot of the dynamics stuff -.-

Is there an M5 thread?
Reply 177
Flipping heck that's good. You must have some crazy UMS scores :tongue:

I haven't started M5 revision yet, forgot a lot of the dynamics stuff -.-

Is there an M5 thread?

I meant "I've got a lot of exams this month", not "I've already got good AS marks". :wink:

M5 thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3678893&page=7 send help.
67ish/75. What UMS do you guys reckon this could be? Didn't quite get a value for tan in Q1 and didn't quite get the last parts of 4 and 5.
Reply 179
Original post by IsaacMed17
67ish/75. What UMS do you guys reckon this could be? Didn't quite get a value for tan in Q1 and didn't quite get the last parts of 4 and 5.

67 is the average mark needed for an A*, so it'll probably be close to 90 UMS.

Sounds like we lost marks in the same places.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending