The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Leadership will be nice...although im not sure about the EU as its very heavily expected so surely they wouldnt put it in as we would all expect it? - just my opinion
Which businesses would you use in a leadership question and how would you actually answer a question on leadership?
Hold up. Q2, did you have to compare 2013 and 2014 to 2015, i didnt realise thea joined in 2015, i read somewhere you had to compare 2013 and 2014 to 2015, i thought thea joined later than 2015. im so confused
Original post by jelsom
Sorry I didn't realise you asked a question. I'm not an examiner so can't really be sure. They probably wanted you to work out gearing because the question specifically related to funding the project through debt and that's the appropriate ratio. Current ratio and liquidity probably would have been relevant depending on how you used it. You definitely could still get high marks, depends on how you justified the application from the case study

I only used Payback and ARR in the question, I hope I still have the potential to get decent marks in the question. I had the current ratio written down in rough on the question booklet and just forgot to use it.

For the high marks were you really meant to use all ARR, Payback, Current Ratio and Gearing? Or is a mix still fine provided you used them well?
Reply 464
Original post by Daniel6
I only used Payback and ARR in the question, I hope I still have the potential to get decent marks in the question. I had the current ratio written down in rough on the question booklet and just forgot to use it.

For the high marks were you really meant to use all ARR, Payback, Current Ratio and Gearing? Or is a mix still fine provided you used them well?

You're not expected to do everything that you possibly could, I'm pretty sure you only need to show GAP or GAN once each to get into level 5 because you can't be marked down. I'm not 100% sure about that though.
Original post by moman1100
Hold up. Q2, did you have to compare 2013 and 2014 to 2015, i didnt realise thea joined in 2015, i read somewhere you had to compare 2013 and 2014 to 2015, i thought thea joined later than 2015. im so confused

I'm pretty sure it said in the actual question that Thea joined in 2015. Therefore, you had assess the effectiveness of the marketing activities before Thea joined i.e in 2014 and 2013
Original post by BJO97
I'm sure that will likely get you marks, there are several ways you can approach an answer as long as it's reasonable.

Do you think it will be GAP as I did use the figures for 2014 (Net profit margin and Revenue) and 2015 in order to calculate the net profit?
Any revision resources?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is everyone revising for section a and b???

thought the buss3 paper was shocking, absolutely awful q2 and only managed to do 1 point for but i feel like q1 and q4 was ok.
I know its probably been talked about to death but if anyone was still worried or anything check out this tutor2U link, its very helpful! An unofficial mark scheme! It could put your mind at ease.

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/blog/buss3-very-unofficial-mark-scheme-for-june-2016
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
I know its probably been talked about to death but if anyone was still worried or anything check out this tutor2U link, its very helpful! An unofficial mark scheme! It could put your mind at ease.

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/blog/buss3-very-unofficial-mark-scheme-for-june-2016

how are you revising for buss4?? i felt buss3 went really bad so need an a/a* in this paper to fix my ums, any tips??
RE: BUSS3
Just for the interest of you guys,
I'm an adult student and I have worked in aviation including maintenance planning management for 20 years.
When I saw that the question was aviation related I thought OH YEAH !!!!
But in fact as it panned out I could not bring ANY of my existing knowledge to the paper.
Because you need to use the data presented and cannot just go off on aviation tangents....
So.... All in all my paper was thoroughly..... Average !
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone know of any example BUSS4 eCommerce questions or practise tests?
Original post by Daniel6
Anyone know of any example BUSS4 eCommerce questions or practise tests?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466025602.917481.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think i got a B grade on this paper . Need an A in buss 4 .

Buss 3 grade boundary predictions ?
a - 52
b- 47 ??
Reply 475
Does anyone have any BUSS4 section B notes they are willing to share?
Original post by BMLFW
Does anyone have any BUSS4 section B notes they are willing to share?

I posted some a few pages back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thopkins
Yeah

Thanks to both of you, this is very helpful.
what businesses are everyone using in their answers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending