The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fpmaniac
When inputting the limits did you get (ln1) in your answer somewhere since it was ln(3x) and one of the limits was 1/3 and which lead to the final answer
pi(-2(lnx)^2)

i got something like this!
Original post by Marelitza
What were the limits for the substitution question?
1 and 0?
Original post by Barbecuetime123
For the second part, finding an estimate for just x^x ? Did no one else get this?

Yes I got 1.51. I checked with my calculator and it was indeed 1.51

Original post by JahJah
For the Vol of revolution I got 'in its exact form' Pi(4-2ln3 -(ln3)^2).
This seems correct as when I typed the integral into my calculator and took away the value I wrote down above away from it(expecting to get 0 if my answer is correct) I got something like 2.4x10^-13. So I think my calculator rounded off slightly, leaving a very small decimal left over, what did other people get for this question ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is correct

Original post by Yo12345
For Q9), the show that secx - tanx = -0.2

Would I get a method mark for putting it in the form 1/cosx + sinx/cosx = ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it wouldn't have got you anywhere
Original post by mickel_w
I got 90% UMS last year across all 3 modules, on this paper I probably got around 45/75

200/200 in C1/C2 so far, and 40/75 in core 3.

I know exactly how you feel, my confidence is crushed, I have an exam tommorow and cant revise (will start soon) because I am so angry.

I needed an A* for my firm, I still have 6 exams knowing I won't be going to my firm university.
Original post by C0balt
Yes I got 1.51. I checked with my calculator and it was indeed 1.51

This is correct

No, it wouldn't have got you anywhere

Ok, but the Volume one, I am certain that it was 2 not 4 in the brackets as the intergral was -ln(3x)^2/x - 1/x, so it was -1--3, which equals 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by whydoidothis?

I know exactly how you feel, my confidence is crushed, I have an exam tommorow and cant revise (will start soon) because I am so angry.

I needed an A* for my firm, I still have 6 exams knowing I won't be going to my firm university.

Let's hope you scrape a B and get 100 in C4. Stay positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by utilitymaker
Oh if that were true... :colondollar:

lol
did anyone do the finding range question of 5 marks??? #hateAQA 😡
What would 65-69 marks be in UMS, hoping for at least 95.
Original post by Yo12345
Let's hope you scrape a B and get 100 in C4. Stay positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That wont work. You'd need 80% on this and 100% on C4 to average 90% in order to get an A*. And if he's already got 200/200 in c1 and 2 he's pretty much guaranteed an A (as you only need 480 overall).
how have i fricken gone to getting 60's in the past papers TO NOT even knowing I have 30 MARKS ffs, I do every question in the book yet AQA throw this pile of crap.
Original post by BioStudentx
That wont work. You'd need 80% on this and 100% on C4 to average 90% in order to get an A*. And if he's already got 200/200 in c1 and 2 he's pretty much guaranteed an A (as you only need 480 overall).

Lapse from me, there. Do you think 52-55 could scrape an A for me, so I could really go for it in C4? I got 278 ums last year, so need 67 ums on each for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
is there an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by beanigger
well **** lol, the paper wasnt that bad, it just required a deeper understanding of topics, if you were only doing aqa papers for revision your doing somethign wrong, they dont prepare you for ****, do edexcel, soloman, ocr maybe. doesnt matter how many questions it depends how fast and good you are (comes wiht practise) the boundaries will roughly be the same as last year if not maybe 2 marks lower maximum

Get gone pal
Original post by whydoidothis?

I know, it's stupid. The worst thing is probably that even if I put in 50 more hours of revision than I did, I would have maybe only gained around 5 more marks. The fact is the majority of those questions simply took too long, and have never shown up in previous papers. I was consistently getting As/A*s in past papers, now I'll probably be lucky to scrape a B.

After doing the horrendous chem4 exam yesterday I thought it couldn't get any worse, but I was clearly wrong. AQA have managed to completely remove any hopes of meeting my firm offer, now I'm even starting to doubt if I will get into my insurance if the rest of my exams are similar. No motivation to revise for them either, what's the point when revision clearly doesn't do ****.

I wish you luck on your other exams, and only thing we can hope for really is that they set ridiculously low grade boundaries. :/
Original post by Yo12345
Lapse from me, there. Do you think 52-55 could scrape an A for me, so I could really go for it in C4? I got 278 ums last year, so need 67 ums on each for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in a similar situation to you, thinking I've got roughly 52-55. With some luck maybe it's an A (my prediction is 52 for an A tbh). Regardless, 100 ums on C4 will be tough, aqa exams are too difficult this year.
Original post by Yo12345
Ok, but the Volume one, I am certain that it was 2 not 4 in the brackets as the intergral was -ln(3x)^2/x - 1/x, so it was -1--3, which equals 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was 4 because in my integral there was multiply by 2
Hi
Can somene explain to me how to work out the question which asked for the range of the function. I had no idea how to do it cos usually theyre like 1 or 2 marks. Thanks
Original post by julistha
did anyone do the finding range question of 5 marks??? #hateAQA 😡

Yeah, you had to differentiate to find the stationary point if I remember correctly. It came to f(x) < 8ln8-8 I think
Original post by 15150776
Hi
Can somene explain to me how to work out the question which asked for the range of the function. I had no idea how to do it cos usually theyre like 1 or 2 marks. Thanks

See below

Or above

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending