The Student Room Group

Edexcel S1 - 15th June, 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hogree
That was it matey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wahoo! Thanks for your help from yesterday as well!

How did it go for you?
Has any one posted the actual paper with workings yet?
Third time lucky. Does rounding to 2dp make you lose a mark if you showed full answer the line before? ie 0.48383939...=0.48(2dp)
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
What would 69-70 marks be?

I'd say borderline C
Original post by target21859
Third time lucky. Does rounding to 2dp make you lose a mark if you showed full answer the line before? ie 0.48383939...=0.48(2dp)

no
Reply 1385

Shut up mate. 69-70 is a good mark. No need to ask. We get it your trying to show that you're good at maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will be an A, the grade boundary for an A varies from 60-65 :')
Original post by Kawaii289
no

Ah thank you been trying to get a non-troll response for a while ^^
Original post by T17MA
Shut up mate. 69-70 is a good mark. No need to ask. We get it your trying to show that you're good at maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had a feeling someone would do this.

I'm asking because I messed up C1 and C2 and want to know if an A is still possible. It'd be nice if you didn't make assumptions.
Original post by batesbeth
Will be an A, the grade boundary for an A varies from 60-65 :':wink:

Thank you, but I kinda wanted to know the UMS. Thank you though :smile:
Thank you, but I kinda wanted to know the UMS. Thank you though :smile:

Possibly 90 UMS if you're lucky, depends on boundaries really. 90 UMS has often been around 68

Remember you always have retakes - unless you're in year 13 - which will feel a lot easier once you've done A2.
Has anyone done an unofficial mark scheme like there was for m1? -http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4150149
I absolutely bottled this exam :/ Definitely going to be retaking this and C1 next year. I dont understand how i can do good on C2 (Like an A), but then do shite on the easier ones. Not looking forward to results day at all :///////////////
Original post by QuantumStuff
Has anyone done an unofficial mark scheme like there was for m1? -http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4150149

I'm trying to find one as well
Reply 1394
Original post by hogree
That was it matey.

That the way I did it. Almost certain that was right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, I realised it would depend if it was the same X value that was used for both Rebecca and Sarah, but I'm great at reading questions so I just assumed that it wasn't. :s-smilie:
Original post by veldt127
Possibly 90 UMS if you're lucky, depends on boundaries really. 90 UMS has often been around 68

Remember you always have retakes - unless you're in year 13 - which will feel a lot easier once you've done A2.

Alright, thanks a lot. Yeah, I suppose I could retake next year but I just wanted to minimise the extra load I would have to do. Thanks again
What were the values for p and q
id say i got around 69-70 for C1
67-68 for c2
52+ for s1

my overall grade?
Original post by hogree
That was it matey.

That the way I did it. Almost certain that was right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the way I did it, but I think we misunderstood the question. The number was not selected twice, it was selected once. We were then supposed to find the probability that that value would be larger for Sarah/ Rebecca.
Alright, thanks a lot. Yeah, I suppose I could retake next year but I just wanted to minimise the extra load I would have to do. Thanks again

S2 has some very similar ideas so it wouldn't be too bad, but yeah retakes do add some stress. I've got 4 this year which makes 12 exams D:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending