The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science C4 C5 C6 14th June 2016 Discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by JRS123
why did mendeleev rearrange some elements? i mentioned leaving gaps for undiscovered elements

Thats correct and also so that elements with similar properties were in the same vertical group
Original post by Mr_Elmo
I really liked that paper funnily enough, a couple things were confusing but not too bad. Did you have to discuss bonds forming vs breaking on the last 6 marker, as im sure that is part of C7. I simply discussed what the graphs showed and what it meant in terms of energy

I too did this. Annoyed I didn't add anything about bonds though...although I'm sure that is in C7 anyway. For the last one I think I really screwed up-I did far right, middle and then bottom left. The rest went alright though actually.
Original post by ahmedismail_1
I said that the salt can't conduct electricity and heat because the electrons aren't free to move but the dissolved salt can because the electrons are free to move. However, I know its the ions and not the electrons n an ionic compound. How many marks would I get for saying electrons?

Don't worry about that, not a big deal. They might not even notice. You'll still get at least 4 marks I think, did you talk about strength//crystal lattice/ molecular forces?
did anyone tick relative atomic mass for that tick box question? Idk if it's right :/
Original post by Ella_08
Don't worry about that, not a big deal. They might not even notice. You'll still get at least 4 marks I think, did you talk about strength//crystal lattice/ molecular forces?

Won't I drop quite a few marks because its a major error? and I said that a salt has a regular lattice structure but thats about it
Original post by Ella_08
did anyone tick relative atomic mass for that tick box question? Idk if it's right :/

I said increasing proton number for how the periodic tables arranged today
Reply 86
I found that hard :frown: It's so annoying because I am predicted an A* and after that exam, I don't think I can get one. :angry::frown:
Won't I drop quite a few marks because its a major error? and I said that a salt has a regular lattice structure but thats about it

Well tbh i said atoms and that might be wrong too. And yh i think we'll get marks for talking about the lattice structure. As long as you said stuff like that you'll get a decent mark out of 6
Reply 88
Original post by Ella_08

pretty sure it was proton number
Original post by ussj
pretty sure it was proton number

yeah pretty sure mine was wrong :/ uh why chemistry why
Original post by realsmilee
On the final question i put left, middle, right

like a diagonal lol

Im sure you've done great!

Me too, phewwwww hopefully that's right :dontknow:
Reply 91
Original post by Ananya._c
Me too, phewwwww hopefully that's right :dontknow:

I think it was, everyone I asked said the same
Reply 92
What did everyone put for another experiment she could do with the ice and salt? I got so confused like what other experiment could she do??
Original post by Ella_08
Well tbh i said atoms and that might be wrong too. And yh i think we'll get marks for talking about the lattice structure. As long as you said stuff like that you'll get a decent mark out of 6

looks like A* is down the drain after that lol
Original post by rkp123
What did everyone put for another experiment she could do with the ice and salt? I got so confused like what other experiment could she do??

i said check the freezing point of water on its own then do tests with salts up till 50g. I also said do repeats for outliers
Reply 95
Original post by rkp123

I'm not 100% sure, but I put freezing point depression and just described it, I think its for liquids tho
(edited 7 years ago)
For the way to do experiments question, I said you put water into a container and measure starting temperature. Then you add 50cm3 of salt. Then you measure what temperature change occurs and compare the two. Also confirm previous result of the increase in melting point by doing this.
i said check the freezing point of water on its own then do tests with salts up till 50g. I also said do repeats for outliers

Lmao well I got that one wrong
Original post by NiamhM1801
Lmao well I got that one wrong

lol ill probs get 0 on the 6 marker anyway
Was the one that should have given -30°C 50g? I did it in 2 seconds because I was really pushed for time and didn't have time to check :frown:

Also what did you all get for the half equation? I think I got it wrong as my friends got something different. I put Pb⁴+ + 4e- -> Pb

Quick Reply

Latest