The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AaronT96
For unit 4 nationalism it should be quite easy hopefully it comes up.
Any question it asks will basically just need the same knowledge eg reactionary progressive etc
Hopefully there is ecologism in 45 lol I'd hate having two 15markers.
I'm really hoping there are two feminism 15s and nationalism 45, is it likely?

How do you structure the nationalism Qu !
For unit 4 nationalism it should be quite easy hopefully it comes up.
Any question it asks will basically just need the same knowledge eg reactionary progressive etc
Hopefully there is ecologism in 45 lol I'd hate having two 15markers.
I'm really hoping there are two feminism 15s and nationalism 45, is it likely?

Can you please tell us how to structure nationalism answers.
Do you write the same thing for these questions?
'Nationalism looks at the past and not the future'
To what extent is nationalism a backward looking ideology?
To what extent is nationalism a forward looking doctrine?

Thanks in advance
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Annie.humair
Can you please tell us how to structure nationalism answers.
Do you write the same thing for these questions?
'Nationalism looks at the past and not the future'
To what extent is nationalism a backward looking ideology?
To what extent is nationalism a forward looking doctrine?

Thanks in advance

Yes it's the same for all of them
You people who get 38+ in 45 markers, how are you doing it ?
Original post by Ashc014
You people who get 38+ in 45 markers, how are you doing it ?

"This refers to...thus...which is why"
Literally this in every paragraph for every point
Anyone have any predictions for nationalism 45 marker?
Reply 986
Original post by bsbnah
Do you not think it can be 2 feminism 15 markers because they've not done that in a while?

I agree, I have a feeling the 45 mark questions will be ecologism, nationalism and multiculturalism and then 2 15 mark feminism questions. Feminism has come up as a 45 mark question for the past 5 papers so it is unlikely it will be again this year
Thanks for that really helpful. Just wanted judgement from someone who's good at politics to put my mind at ease while still showing some people the points they coulda made

Original post by xxvine
It's done now
You can't change your answers
for me I'd go through all the different strands of nationalism and link to question eg is it a single doctrine, that will be easy
Reactionary/progressive discuss each one saying why they are one of those and for some there is another side to the argument eg post colonialism is reactionary
Original post by xxvine
How do you structure the nationalism Qu !
Reply 989
Original post by Zilein
Do you reckon it's more likely that there will be 2 feminism 15 markers or 2 ecoligism 15 markers ?

June 2012 was the last time there was 2 ecologism 15 markers
Jan 2012 was the last time there was 2 feminism 15 markers
I'm gonna go with feminism coming up twice :biggrin:
Original post by Sapz_9
I agree, I have a feeling the 45 mark questions will be ecologism, nationalism and multiculturalism and then 2 15 mark feminism questions. Feminism has come up as a 45 mark question for the past 5 papers so it is unlikely it will be again this year

That would be amazing. I was disappointed with the unit1 and unit 3 long questions I hope unit 4 is easier . Feminism is probably the best one for 15 markers
Nationalism as discussed should be done as the 45, it is a bit easier to grasp and remember than multiculturalism, but because it's quite bland people doing it should maybe learn a lot of examples of nationalism eg. Wilsonian nationalism for liberal or Thatcherite or UKIP for conservative nationalism and discuss those to further the discussion
I'll be so upset if there's two ecologism 15's. Didn't revise that topic, a lot of people didn't actually
Original post by Sapz_9
June 2012 was the last time there was 2 ecologism 15 markers
Jan 2012 was the last time there was 2 feminism 15 markers
I'm gonna go with feminism coming up twice :biggrin:
Reply 992
That would be amazing. I was disappointed with the unit1 and unit 3 long questions I hope unit 4 is easier . Feminism is probably the best one for 15 markers
Nationalism as discussed should be done as the 45, it is a bit easier to grasp and remember than multiculturalism, but because it's quite bland people doing it should maybe learn a lot of examples of nationalism eg. Wilsonian nationalism for liberal or Thatcherite or UKIP for conservative nationalism and discuss those to further the discussion

I think unit 3 long question on anarchism was amazing I was so happy with it, sad to hear that you weren't. But I definitely agree that unit 1 long questions were awful, unit 2 long questions were equally as bad in my opinion :'(
Lets hope edexcel are nice with us tomorrow. Everyone is saying that nationalism is easier to grasp which is making me wish I studied that topic. My teacher kind of dismissed nationalism and only briefly taught us it as he said it was the most difficult of the 4 topics.
Original post by Sapz_9
I think unit 3 long question on anarchism was amazing I was so happy with it, sad to hear that you weren't. But I definitely agree that unit 1 long questions were awful, unit 2 long questions were equally as bad in my opinion :'(
Lets hope edexcel are nice with us tomorrow. Everyone is saying that nationalism is easier to grasp which is making me wish I studied that topic. My teacher kind of dismissed nationalism and only briefly taught us it as he said it was the most difficult of the 4 topics.

My teacher did the same with nationalism! We had a few lessons on the core values, then we did group presentations on the other strands, and that was it. I don't know anybody in my class who intends on answering a nationalism question tomorrow, and because it came up as 2 15-markers last year I'm pretty sure that I can avoid it. At the moment, I would love 2 feminism 15 markers and a multiculturalism 45 marker, but I'm not going to hold my breath knowing how snakey Edexcel can be...
Reply 994
Original post by folieadeux
My teacher did the same with nationalism! We had a few lessons on the core values, then we did group presentations on the other strands, and that was it. I don't know anybody in my class who intends on answering a nationalism question tomorrow, and because it came up as 2 15-markers last year I'm pretty sure that I can avoid it. At the moment, I would love 2 feminism 15 markers and a multiculturalism 45 marker, but I'm not going to hold my breath knowing how snakey Edexcel can be...

. I would be so happy if that combination came up as well but they can be so unpredictable so lets just keep our fingers and toes crossed lol :P
Original post by Sapz_9

Same
We were told nationalism was the hardest
Original post by xxvine
Same
We were told nationalism was the hardest

Nationalism is actually the easiest since there's only about three types of essays they can ask
Are there any multiculturalism shorts that haven't been asked before but could come up?
Original post by Annie.humair
Nationalism is actually the easiest since there's only about three types of essays they can ask

What are they and how would you answer them
'Ecologism begins where anthropocentrism ends.' Discuss.

What is this question even asking? The wording of this question really confuses me.

Latest

Trending

Trending