The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EricPiphany
It relative, not compared to those that did every paper since 95, but I did work a lot.

Spoiler

great!! you'll be fine then
Original post by gasfxekl
great!! you'll be fine then

thanks, hope you do well too :-)
Original post by EricPiphany
thanks, hope you do well too :-)

Thanks!
Original post by Serine Soul
Yeah I need 196 UMS this year to get the 480 overall. If I get A* in Maths, I will get at least 180 UMS from C3 and C4 combined, needing 16 UMS from D1 for 480...
Just wanna be on the safe side

No, I don't need to have A* in Maths. I need A*A*A in any combo of my three a levels. I'm really hoping for an A* in Maths though

Ah ok, you will be fine. Just make sure you do the IAL and R papers for C3/4 they are literally the ony usefufl papers since the other UK ones are too easy.
C/D in M4

Life's looking grim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Failed core 3, guess I'm going to have to work in tesco for the rest of my life.
Anyone know how we find out if we got our place if we miss our offer? Will they just post a letter or something?
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Anyone know how we find out if we got our place if we miss our offer? Will they just post a letter or something?

It will be on Track.

And if it's a Pending* then you need to send your UMS.

*I think that's the status but could be wrong...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
It will be on Track.

I was under the impression that Cambridge doesn't update track very quickly, am I wrong?
Original post by jneill
It will be on Track.

And if it's a Pending* then you need to send your UMS.

*I think that's the status but could be wrong...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cheers, once again the always reliable jneill answers my queries :biggrin: Any idea if it's different for those with a STEP offer? I just originally thought I had to call them or something but maybe not?
Ah cheers, once again the always reliable jneill answers my queries :biggrin: Any idea if it's different for those with a STEP offer? I just originally thought I had to call them or something but maybe not?

Not any different except replace "send UMS" with "send UMS and STEP score".
We'll be running a pre-results day 'ask the admissions co-ordintors' thread from the 10th-17th August for exactly these kind of queries.
Original post by Zacken
I was under the impression that Cambridge doesn't update track very quickly, am I wrong?

No I think it updates at the same time as everyone else. I remember hearing my sisters screams of delight through the house at 9am when she found out she got her place!
Holy ****. I spend 3 hours in exams and 3 hours in isolation today, and for those jokes of exam papers?

Brb curling up into the foetal position and crying
Original post by Zacken

Results Day updates are fine. It's offers that are a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
Holy ****. I spend 3 hours in exams and 3 hours in isolation today, and for those jokes of exam papers?

Brb curling up into the foetal position and crying

What exams did you have?
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
No I think it updates at the same time as everyone else. I remember hearing my sisters screams of delight through the house at 9am when she found out she got her place!

Original post by jneill
Results Day updates are fine. It's offers that are a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, thanks very much!
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
What exams did you have?

D1 and S2. D1 was absolutely revolting, there wasn't a single straightforward question and the LP/activity network questions were ridiculous. S2 wasn't THAT bad to be honest, there were just loads of weird questions and stuff I wasn't expecting, and my brain was fried from doing D1 already :angry:

At least I'm done with applied now, it's the pure units that really matter

Original post by Zacken
Not any different except replace "send UMS" with "send UMS and STEP score".

They will already have STEP including the transcript. Just UMS needs to be sent.

Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
We'll be running a pre-results day 'ask the admissions co-ordintors' thread from the 10th-17th August for exactly these kind of queries.

Cool! I hope I'm posting correct info so far :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
D1 and S2. D1 was absolutely revolting, there wasn't a single straightforward question and the LP/activity network questions were ridiculous. S2 wasn't THAT bad to be honest, there were just loads of weird questions and stuff I wasn't expecting, and my brain was fried from doing D1 already :angry:

At least I'm done with applied now, it's the pure units that really matter

Ah, yes D1 is the devils child (I've still got that one on Friday, sadly). Don't worry, the pure units are the most important as you say and it sounds as though S2 was decent! :smile: It's natural to think that something has gone awfully wrong if it was unexpected, so I'm sure you have done well.

What's your offer if you don't mind me asking?

Latest

Trending

Trending