The Student Room Group

2016 IGCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aaljhfgahsj
Do you think they'll accept orange in place of red, the question wasn't that clear

May 2014 1C had a similar question, and it says orange/pink as the correct answers and accepts red. (Although I thought red was the correct answer rather than an accepted but not technically correct answer because that's what was in my revision guide :/)
Reply 21
When crystals form at the bottom of a glass rod it is at the point of crystallisation. When you put the glass rod in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
nope u see the edexcel igcse june 2014 1C paper.. question 15.. the same question is there... they accept red also.. huh!!!!!!
Reply 24
Guys i used 3 volumes for the average, who else did that?
i remember a couple of answers apart from given above.. i ll share them later
Reply 26
MgCl has high melting point
It is a giant ionic structure
So it has a lot of strong ionic bonds caused by electrostatic attraction between oppositely charged ions
So it requires a high energy to break these bonds
Meaning that a high temperature (high thermal energy) is needed to break these bonds and cause the compound to melt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Abodee1

yea, had to double check because i was expecting 2!
Reply 28
Original post by Abodee1

Yep same
Reply 29
3 volumes for average answer is 22.53

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by rcmack
yea, had to double check because i was expecting 2!

it was 22.5333333
which can be rounded to 22.53 i believe?
Reply 31
Original post by Nurne
3 volumes for average answer is 22.53

Posted from TSR Mobile

was that part of the Magnesium chloride one?
Original post by Abodee1
Red is totally wrong,It is orange.Red is for acid.

Original post by Nurne
Orange at neutralisation not red. Red is acid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by aaljhfgahsj
Do you think they'll accept orange in place of red, the question wasn't that clear

Just read these (after posting the post I just posted), I didn't realise there was a colour for neutral (it would be nice if the CGP revision guides could mention it :angry:???) but hopefully my answer will be accepted like the summer 2014 1c paper.
For the organic product I just added H to every bond as H can only make one bond there was no room for OH so I assumed another non-organic product would be made as it only asked for the organic product
Reply 34
Nothing incorrect so far, seems like a full mark? wow never thought thats possible.
Reply 35
Fe3+ Orange/Brown precipitate
Fe2+ Dark green precipitate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by Lelanor
Just read these (after posting the post I just posted), I didn't realise there was a colour for neutral (it would be nice if the CGP revision guides could mention it :angry:???) but hopefully my answer will be accepted like the summer 2014 1c paper.

i would literally be dead if it werent for tthe CGP books
Reply 37
Original post by rcmack
was that part of the Magnesium chloride one?

Part of the KOH titration one it was the last part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
C8H18 +8 1/2O2 -> 8CO + 9H20

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
For the first question it asked where did the stduent obtain the sand and it was stage 2, filtration and then in which stage he obtained the salt and i believe it was stage 3 (crystallisation) .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending