The Student Room Group

igcse AQA chemistry paper 2

How did people find the exam? I thought the 6 mark question about chromatography was hard!
Reply 1
Pissses me off how the exams I do have hardly any discussion. Anyways yeah the six marker was pretty hard because hardly anyone learns it and I swear my teachers never taught it but idm cuz thankgod i revised it. Overall I thought I did well except for the questions on the citric acid and watver the other thing was. Some in my hear found it hard and really messed up and a few others did well but ultimately this was a hard test and it defo needed revision to do well on
I thought it was going to be so much harder than it was! I loved it. The 6 marker was not great, but I didn't find the rest of the paper too hard
Reply 3
It was harder than paper one but still not too difficult. The six mark question was okay and the rest was quite straight forward.
Reply 4
yeah i agree i was expecting harder
Reply 5
Original post by whynot??999
How did people find the exam? I thought the 6 mark question about chromatography was hard!

The paper was okay really but I really messed up on that 6 marker, I didn't learn or revise it v.v
Reply 6
can anyone remember any of the other questions?
will be low grade boundaries 63 max a*
Was anyone really confused by the weird graph with the lines crossing over... I didnt really get what was going on? What did people write for the 6 mark- did you do it as substance A is... and listing characteristics? Also I felt that one was more time pressured does anyone else think so?
Reply 9
Original post by Agrace_15
Was anyone really confused by the weird graph with the lines crossing over... I didnt really get what was going on? What did people write for the 6 mark- did you do it as substance A is... and listing characteristics? Also I felt that one was more time pressured does anyone else think so?

Yeah took a while to figure the graph out was pretty complex and i frgt for the six marker but i just remember you defo had to say 3 substances wernt soluble in water due to the top 2 figures and also one substance was more present due to it's higher peak and yeah thts all i got
I think I compared the solubility of M in ethanol and water, talked about the molecular ion peak and relative molecular mass and the different retention factors for each substance due to their attraction to the solid particles in the tube. I think I wrote some more but I've forgotten.
can anyone remember the figures for the concentration question
Original post by JCwizard
can anyone remember the figures for the concentration question

I got that too 😃😃😃

Quick Reply

Latest