The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

any mark scheme?
https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-grade-boundaries-for-mpc3?recruiter=557204483&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

Sign this^

If you do not sign, you therefore condone AQA's inhumane actions of abuse. You are just as bad as them...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by walkine
Yeah, I'm also a further maths student, and this was hard as hell.

Genuinely scared for the rest of the units.

Do not worry, I have seen 3 people call it easy in this thread and about literally 50 that found it harder than all other. Boundaries will come down

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was unreasonable. I don't even know how that paper will discriminate
Between B and C students. Just have to pray imperial take mercy on me
Original post by Jackmclean
It was unreasonable. I don't even know how that paper will discriminate
Between B and C students. Just have to pray imperial take mercy on me

same lol
Original post by Yo12345
Predicted Grade Boundaries:

A* - 60
A - 53
B - 47
C - 41

Posted from TSR Mobile

that still seems too high, surely?
Reply 1006
Original post by asgdgh
I got about 45 marks judging by the unofficial mark scheme. I genuinely did better in FP3 than this. Quite a pathetic examination, everyone else I know that has taken it said the same. Ah well

where is d unofficial bmark scheme
Original post by walkine
Yeah, I'm also a further maths student, and this was hard as hell.

Genuinely scared for the rest of the units.

Me too. According to my maths teacher there hasn't been a single easy paper so far, so I'm reeeeeally ****ed for Core 4 if this trend continues.
Does anyone actually remember the integration 7 mark question itself.
Reply 1010
Original post by Rabadon
same lol

Definitely seems too high!!
Reply 1011
how where you meant to do the whole of question 9
Reply 1012
Original post by JME_CHG
https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-grade-boundaries-for-mpc3?recruiter=557204483&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

Sign this^

If you do not sign, you therefore condone AQA's inhumane actions of abuse. You are just as bad as them...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well said.
Core 1 was apparantly really hard (fun now about core 2). Core 3 was terrible. Lord help up for core 4. My only hope is getting 100 ums in stats2 to pull up my grade to an A.

I was aiming for a* yesterday and now I'm trying to maintain my A. That's how bad that paper was for me
I got the simpsons rule question wrong wtf i got -123 that's so wrong i'm gonna kill myself that was supposed to be easy marks
i don't really see what the fuss is about, this was an easy paper, if you think this was hard you shouldve seen FP3 OR worse still M3!! this was really good in my opinion
for the integration by substitution, what was u? was it take u=4x-1???

the unofficial mark scheme says it was 1-4x... i don't remember this at all?
Original post by smartsy
On a slightly more cheerful note, this is the most accurate Hitler reacts so far for this exam. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8wZDogok4Q
Inspired some of my thoughts above.

you know the exam is bad when there's already 3+ hitler react videos for it
Original post by 15150776
Hi
Can somene explain to me how to work out the question which asked for the range of the function. I had no idea how to do it cos usually theyre like 1 or 2 marks. Thanks

at the maxium point of the graph, the gradient is 0. So differentiate 16x-e^(2x) and equate it to 0. 16-2e^2x=0 so 16=2e^2x so 8=e^2x so sqrt(8)=e^x. ln(sqrt(8))=x which is the same as 0.5ln(8). so f(x) is less than or equal to 0.5ln(8). I got 0/5 in that question probably but as soon as I got out the of exam, I realised the gradient is 0 and solved it in my head! So annoyed with myself.
Original post by kaaakie
i don't really see what the fuss is about, this was an easy paper, if you think this was hard you shouldve seen FP3 OR worse still M3!! this was really good in my opinion

Please just **** off. You made this account today just to annoy people. http://prntscr.com/bgqh6h . Busted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending