The Student Room Group

Edexcel s1 June 2016 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

I said mean stays the same and then gave an explanation that this was because the new value was equal to the mean.

I said that s.d would stay the same as it is 0 deviations above the mean (I know this part is wrong)

How many marks would I get it? The question was out of 3
I also got r = -0.753 because I used the calculator value of Syy (716 with decimals) and not the given value of Syy (716 to 3sf)

Lose marks or nah?
Original post by Zakariya121
I reckon 55 for an A

We are talking about Edexcel here :biggrin:
For the height of the bar, wasn't the A = 4*F ???
Original post by ShatnersBassoon
But the new value was exactly the same as the mean, so the SD (average distance from mean) can't increase. Others said it stayed the same, but I wrote that it decreases, because now the average distance from the mean is slightly less (as n has increased by 1 but deviance hasn't changed).

It definitely decreased because the data will be less spread out.
Original post by GarlicBread01
I said mean stays the same and then gave an explanation that this was because the new value was equal to the mean.

I said that s.d would stay the same as it is 0 deviations above the mean (I know this part is wrong)

How many marks would I get it? The question was out of 3

The standard deviation tells you on average how far the values are away from the mean so since the new value was zero away from the mean the average spread would decrease you probs got one mark for the mean part
Crap was the question for the one below the histogram (w>3) or (w<3) cos I got 0.7.... ??
Original post by Azim101
Crap was the question for the one below the histogram (w>3) or (w<3) cos I got 0.7.... ??

um.. p(w <3 )
Original post by igotohaggerston
The standard deviation tells you on average how far the values are away from the mean so since the new value was zero away from the mean the average spread would decrease you probs got one mark for the mean part

Was it out of 3 marks?
can someone post the question paper
will anybody be getting hold of the paper and doing worked solutions
Was it out of 3 marks?

I thought it was 2? 1 mark for each. I hope it isn't 3
Original post by target21859
I thought it was 2? 1 mark for each. I hope it isn't 3

If it was 2 marks that would be brilliant. Can anyone confirm how many marks was it out of?
can someone reply to me with the model answers similar in the format of a exam paper.

Like how some are done for other modules.
If it was 2 marks that would be brilliant. Can anyone confirm how many marks was it out of?

1 mark for mean and 2 for SD
Original post by PhilipBlanksky

crap
how many marks will get you an A ? anyone has any guesses:h:
Original post by veldt127
Ok, I managed to get all my answers stored in my calculator at the end, this is what I got. Not 100% sure on all of them, but we can compare.

Question 1

Spoiler

Question 2

Spoiler

Question 3

Spoiler

Question 4

Spoiler

Question 5

Spoiler

Question 6

Spoiler

For the height of the bar, I thought the coefficient between f and A was 4. A=4*f or the otherway round maybe
Original post by PhilipBlanksky

It seems I keep losing marks... :frown: First I thought I had 71 now it's more like 64. Probably less cause I left my my values for PMCC and standard deviation to 2dp (for some really annoying reason) and I'm not really confident I'll get the marks...
How did everyone get the probability for Sarah and Rebecca wining. I got 0.4625 and 0.4450 so clearly I've got it wrong but I don't understand how?? 🤓🤓

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending