The Student Room Group

OCR MEI D1 15th June & M1 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naseer Khan
I think I ended up with 2

Well, crap :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The LP and activity network questions were killers in that paper. In the past papers I did, there was sometimes an awkward question that I couldn't finish off, and I was hoping not to get any of those today. Instead there were two awkward questions which were way harder than any I'd ever done.

I really hope the boundaries are low for this one! Those two questions were quite poorly worded in places, I thought.
Reply 82
If anyoen knows the questions and how many marks they were all worth so I can work out roughly what I got, that would be great thank you :smile:
got that too! remember getting x=12 y=4, z=4,
x=10 y=0 z=10,
can't remember the last resolution exactly but i think i got something like x=12 y=0 z=8
with x=10 y=0 z=10 giving the least waste
Reply 84
LP question was hard, in the end I got an optimal solution of x=10 y=0 and z=10 also
Reply 85
Original post by Naseer Khan
I think I ended up with 2

I got 2 dummies too
nobody has done a Hitler Reacts to D1 video yet.... i am looking forward to it.

:cookie:
for the critical path, was B a predecessor of A as B was pick the rest of actors, and A was pick the main actors, so did they try to trick us out? because that wasn't in the text nor did it say you had to prepare the scenery before actually installing it?? and what were peoples inequalities for the LP q.....
Reply 88
The paper was alright, normal D1 stuff. It's just the LP that was weird.
Original post by Mostly_Crazy

Think I had 3 😊
Original post by joshie1998
for the critical path, was B a predecessor of A as B was pick the rest of actors, and A was pick the main actors, so did they try to trick us out? because that wasn't in the text nor did it say you had to prepare the scenery before actually installing it?? and what were peoples inequalities for the LP q.....

I along with many others didn't do that and we all got the end number as 12 which is what the question said so I presume you could do both A and B at the beginning
Original post by bethygirl
I along with many others didn't do that and we all got the end number as 12 which is what the question said so I presume you could do both A and B at the beginning

My understanding was that A, B, and C can be completed simultaneously/in any order, so none of them has any immediate predecessors. It seemed to work for me (though I think I screwed up further along).

Original post by lucyyyyy0
Think I had 3 😊

Yay!
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
My understanding was that A, B, and C can be completed simultaneously/in any order, so none of them has any immediate predecessors. It seemed to work for me (though I think I screwed up further along).

Myself and many others had about 5 which had no immediate processors
(edited 7 years ago)
I was really stuck on the LP question so I made up some constraints and plotted the graph and my interpretation from that- any chances of getting method marks?
FULL PAPER AND WORKED SOLUTIONS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USsdcTl7SqI
Original post by The Thing!

Omg thank you soo much!!! How were you able to get a hold of the paper??
Predictions for grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Think I got around 50/72 :frown:

Guessing grade boundary for an A would be 55 or something? :/
Original post by The Thing!

Wooo, the network was exactly what I'd have done but I thought you couldn't have arcs overlapping. What a **** paper.
I did one of my inequalities the wrong way round how many marks do you think I've dropped?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply