The Student Room Group

AQA - CIV3C Greek Tragedy

Has anyone got any good revision notes or good comparisons for this unit?

Scroll to see replies

i am also interested in notes for this unit, i'm quite worried as it's marked very harshly
Reply 2
Original post by Classics7979
i am also interested in notes for this unit, i'm quite worried as it's marked very harshly

Yeah I do not particularly like this topic
nor do i, something like 45% of people last year scored below 50% in the exam
Reply 4
Does anyone have any predictions on what two plays will come up as the 5,10 and 20 markers?
Reply 5
nor do i, something like 45% of people last year scored below 50% in the exam

That is not good :/
Reply 6
Original post by Waltz123
Does anyone have any predictions on what two plays will come up as the 5,10 and 20 markers?

Do people even do predictions for Classics? :P
does that mean you've got a few ideas on what the 40 markers might be?
Reply 8
I think section A will be Oedipus and Hippolytus. Last year was Antigone and Medea, so if they alternate then we'll get the other two. 40 markers are a mystery at the moment, just know the plays really really well, and you should be fine. I have to get an A to get into uni, and I got a high A and a low C last year, so I have to get an A on this paper and the Aneied to get what I need.
I went back and looked through all the years and i personally think it'll be medea and oedipus as hippolytus was done in 2014 and 2013.
Original post by Cressida_Tess
I went back and looked through all the years and i personally think it'll be medea and oedipus as hippolytus was done in 2014 and 2013.

I think Oedipus will definatley come up, since he hasnt for a few years. Medea did come up last year so she could potentially come up again, which is annoying..cause I really dislike Medea..lol
I really hope Oedipus comes up, I feel like it's the easiest one to talk about
lets just all hope we don't get a 40 marker as bad as last years!
Original post by reganmichards
lets just all hope we don't get a 40 marker as bad as last years!

I loved last years 40 marker on the openings of the plays, it was great haha. The other one (option C i think?) About the chorus....was just a sh#t question lol
Original post by Azael274
I loved last years 40 marker on the openings of the plays, it was great haha. The other one (option C i think?) About the chorus....was just a sh#t question lol

It would be good for a 20 marker but I don't think there is enough to write about for a 40 marker for just the openings of the plays.. and the chorus one, I wouldn't even consider
ok everybody what do we think is the most probable 40 marker
Maybe something on Fate or the Tagic Hero's in each play?
I really do hope so that'd be amazing
ok everybody what do we think is the most probable 40 marker

I think messenger speeches, self sacrifices or gods
I would prefer messengers and self sacrifices to gods because I have lots of information on those two, fate was 2013 so I doubt it will come up again this year, would prefer to avoid a question on the tragic hero

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending