The Student Room Group

Very confused about a guy???? Help :(

Scroll to see replies

Any opinions, thoughts, suggestions?!?!
Can anyone give me any updated explanations? he also kept kicking the chair which was near us both and like putting his feet near mine whilst doing it, and the day after he sat with his entire body facing mine even tho he was talking to another person. im confused :'(
Okay so i really don't understand, he shows me all these signs, wants to sit me with, gives me lifts, sneakily touches my hands and arms while sitting next to me, stares at me, gets his friends to sit near me, and sits with strong body language that indicates he likes me...

yet he never starts a conversation with me online, and always seems nervous around me cmpared to other girls

he never likes my photos online either, even though i always like his. ( bt he didn't like his ex's either)

I don;t know whether to give up, or whether this will just take more time if hes shy.
UPDATE!!
he sat near me the other day, not next to me, and had a mardy look on his face. He shouted me from across the room to see if I had my homework sheet with me for him to borrow, which he didnt need to do, he could have got it off the internet or from another classmate. Then I took the move and went to sit with him and help him. Then he went to the toliet, and when he came back his hair looked different ( wanted to go toliet to change his looks/impress me?.) Then a few days later he was staring directly at me outside our classroom before we went in, like talking to his friends, but standing so he could like gaze directly at me, which was weird.

But then? then a day after, he was a bit strange..? he told me to leave a classroom as he said my class wasnt in there, but his class was, maybe in a jokey way? then he critised me for drawing on my work, saying "im pretty sure thats not work, or thats not how you are supposed to do the work by drawing". This was after he saw me walking with another guy from another one of my classes, lets call him X. X and i hate each other most of the time, but i think other people think that we get along as more than friends? dont know why. So my crush saw us and glared at X, and X liked one of my facebook posts too. When X's friends mentioned X in class, my crush insulted him majorly, even tho hes never really spoke to him or fell out with him, but he knows that i have a class with him, and that X hasn't been nice to me before.

Was this jealously?

He ignored me for almost an entire lesson that day and didnt look at me when i spoke, which hurt cause he usually does. but then he tried to walk with me outside the classroom, instead of my friend or the other boys?

what is going on here!??!?! someone please help!!
Please someone give me some advice on my update? i don't understand him i'm so confused!! :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
UPDATE!!
he sat near me the other day, not next to me, and had a mardy look on his face. He shouted me from across the room to see if I had my homework sheet with me for him to borrow, which he didnt need to do, he could have got it off the internet or from another classmate. Then I took the move and went to sit with him and help him. Then he went to the toliet, and when he came back his hair looked different ( wanted to go toliet to change his looks/impress me?.) Then a few days later he was staring directly at me outside our classroom before we went in, like talking to his friends, but standing so he could like gaze directly at me, which was weird.

But then? then a day after, he was a bit strange..? he told me to leave a classroom as he said my class wasnt in there, but his class was, maybe in a jokey way? then he critised me for drawing on my work, saying "im pretty sure thats not work, or thats not how you are supposed to do the work by drawing". This was after he saw me walking with another guy from another one of my classes, lets call him X. X and i hate each other most of the time, but i think other people think that we get along as more than friends? dont know why. So my crush saw us and glared at X, and X liked one of my facebook posts too. When X's friends mentioned X in class, my crush insulted him majorly, even tho hes never really spoke to him or fell out with him, but he knows that i have a class with him, and that X hasn't been nice to me before.

Was this jealously?

He ignored me for almost an entire lesson that day and didnt look at me when i spoke, which hurt cause he usually does. but then he tried to walk with me outside the classroom, instead of my friend or the other boys?

what is going on here!??!?! someone please help!!

I think you should reach out to him because you don't want him to lose interest in you because he may think you and X have a thing
Did you finally ask him out :smile: because all these hints is a major sign
I think you should reach out to him because you don't want him to lose interest in you because he may think you and X have a thing

Ive been reaching out as its always been me intitating the conversations and sitting with him/ helping him with his work, trying to ask him for lifts, but then whenever I try to talk to him on social media to get closer he never wants to talk? I don't even know anymore. Surely a guy whose interested would like the photos of a girl he fancies. I feel like I always show him I like him either in person ^ or by liking his posts, but he never tries to show me that he likes me on social media, which is usually how shy guys ( he seems shy around me) approach girls to start with..
Did you finally ask him out :smile: because all these hints is a major sign

No I didn't because I'm worried that he thinks he's too popular or cool for me. It was our last day st school today and he looked at me in the hall and him and his friend kinda lingered to walk out behind me and my friend, but we didn't really have a conversation. I'll see him when we have exams and at then at prom, which is my last chance to find out if he really does like me. But the thing is, if he REALLY liked me, I think surely he would like my social media photos and posts, because that's what most guys do for girls they fancy ( all my friends boyfriends did this before they asked them out ) and I've seen him like other girls photos in the past so it's not like he's scared to like girls photos. Also he never seems to wang to start or continue s conversation on social media and I don't have his number. But I feel like he's kinda wasted my time as I like him so much, but I feel like recently it's me who's imitated the conversations, likes his posts and sits next/near gim. I just WISH he would talk to me or show me clearly if he likes me, or if it's just basic flirting :frown:

It would be my dream if he asked me out at prom :frown: <3
No I didn't because I'm worried that he thinks he's too popular or cool for me. It was our last day st school today and he looked at me in the hall and him and his friend kinda lingered to walk out behind me and my friend, but we didn't really have a conversation. I'll see him when we have exams and at then at prom, which is my last chance to find out if he really does like me. But the thing is, if he REALLY liked me, I think surely he would like my social media photos and posts, because that's what most guys do for girls they fancy ( all my friends boyfriends did this before they asked them out ) and I've seen him like other girls photos in the past so it's not like he's scared to like girls photos. Also he never seems to wang to start or continue s conversation on social media and I don't have his number. But I feel like he's kinda wasted my time as I like him so much, but I feel like recently it's me who's imitated the conversations, likes his posts and sits next/near gim. I just WISH he would talk to me or show me clearly if he likes me, or if it's just basic flirting :frown:

It would be my dream if he asked me out at prom :frown: <3

You should Initiate conversation around the subject based on prom.. I think you should message him something random and then quickly say wrong convo or something like that to start a conversation so it won't look like you wanted to actually start a conversation (or something along those lines)
You should Initiate conversation around the subject based on prom.. I think you should message him something random and then quickly say wrong convo or something like that to start a conversation so it won't look like you wanted to actually start a conversation (or something along those lines)

I really want to, but I keep worrying that if he wanted to message me, he would :frown: I just miss him so much as I've left school now, I'm only going to see him briefly before my exams start and then at prom. I thought about maybe going to the place where he works one day, but maybe that's too obvious that I'm going in there because he knows that I know he works there?

I just wish he would give me a sign as I'm still doubtful that he likes me and that he could is just a flirty guy..?
I really want to, but I keep worrying that if he wanted to message me, he would :frown: I just miss him so much as I've left school now, I'm only going to see him briefly before my exams start and then at prom. I thought about maybe going to the place where he works one day, but maybe that's too obvious that I'm going in there because he knows that I know he works there?

I just wish he would give me a sign as I'm still doubtful that he likes me and that he could is just a flirty guy..?

Has he not giving a sign yet? And when is your prom? I think yolo if you like him a lot go for it
Has he not giving a sign yet? And when is your prom? I think yolo if you like him a lot go for it

Well today he was stood near me for our exam, literally even though everyone else was there because I was on my own. So instead of being near some other guys who he's friends with, he literally stood right next to me, and he had a choice of talking/ standing next to anyone from our entire year. He's so so nice, prom is in July.
He seems weird af though

I'd be flirty with him if you like him back (which you seem to) - otherwise just avoid
Original post by Romanoff
He seems weird af though

I'd be flirty with him if you like him back (which you seem to) - otherwise just avoid

Why do you think he's weird? I'm trying to be :frown: I just worry incase he does like me, but if he didn't, i don't know why he would choose to talk and stand with me to just me today.
Why do you think he's weird? I'm trying to be :frown: I just worry incase he does like me, but if he didn't, i don't know why he would choose to talk and stand with me to just me today.

How old are you guys?
Reply 177
Wish it was as easy as that :frown:

It literally is that easy
I've just followed along and read all of the posts to this thread and I completely understand that your situation is frustrating and confusing for you; I know it's easy to say that you just need to go for it (because reality is that it's difficult for you to be the one that is continuously and desperately trying), but honestly this is probably the only way it will work out and become something more. It's obvious he's on your mind so much and it's making you upset at times, so the only way to eradicate that is by doing something about it if he won't.

He may not be reciprocating your efforts at times because he's too nervous and just as unsure what to do about it as you are, but in my opinion, he does like you and it's clear that he won't be making the first move as much as you want him to. But don't let this dishearten you.

You're young, and really you have nothing to lose if you go for it and initiate something. Ask to do something, anything. That one moment of nervousness when you ask him will most likely be completely worth the potential progression for you two thereafter. If this keeps being dragged out by you worrying if he likes you or not, if you should get over him etc. you WILL regret not acting on it when you can.

If you take away one piece of advice from this whole post, it's that life is too short to fret about things like this and get you down - honestly just act on it while you can or you will regret it. Just be yourself, and eventually you will become more confident around each other. The more you express your interest and become more comfortable with him, the more likely he will reciprocate.

Also, don't be put down that he doesn't reply on social media.. Even in this modern day, some people just don't find it interesting to message constantly instead of getting to know you in person. If you taken on the attitude that some people have recommended ('if he doesn't make the first effort then move on' kinda thing), it won't end as you want it to. I hope this helps in some way!
Well today he was stood near me for our exam, literally even though everyone else was there because I was on my own. So instead of being near some other guys who he's friends with, he literally stood right next to me, and he had a choice of talking/ standing next to anyone from our entire year. He's so so nice, prom is in July.

Would you consider yourself below average looking, average , above average looking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending