The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography A2 Unit 4: Life on the Margins- 16th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
What would be considered the best structure for a report like this? By large case study or in a factor by factor approach?

In my current plan I have it structured like the latter, but with overlaps for example Bangladesh is in both socio-economic and environmental, Myanmar in environmental and political.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
do we need case studies of both surplus and famine which are caused by different factors??

Yes, that is what has been suggested by the pre-release material :smile:
Has anyone got a good case study for political factors of food surplus??
Reply 63
Original post by charlotteaimee17
Has anyone got a good case study for political factors of food surplus??

EU (CAP) and US subsidies?
Original post by danw97
EU (CAP) and US subsidies?

Oh yes okay! Thank you!!
Oh yes okay! Thank you!!

For political im using land-grabbing
Oh yes okay! Thank you!!

what are you using for political famine?
Anyone got environmental surplus/famine case study?
Reply 68
I need help, I don't really have much of an idea of how much to write for the main part, or even how to go about it :frown:
This is i plan on structuring it:

Socio-economic - population growth, Mali in the sahel
Globalisation - urban China

Political
Conflict/War - Somalia
Neo-Liberal Trade Policies - Haiti

Environmental
Drought/CLimate Change - Ethiopia
Desertification - North Korea ?
what are you using for political famine?

North Korea and how the totalitarian nature of the government exacerbates the food crisis there
North Korea and how the totalitarian nature of the government exacerbates the food crisis there

Okay yes, im using that too! What about environmental?
Okay yes, im using that too! What about environmental?

For food insecurity I'm using the Vanuatu Cyclone but I don't have one for surplus (my geography teachers were useless) do you have a suggestion?
For food insecurity I'm using the Vanuatu Cyclone but I don't have one for surplus (my geography teachers were useless) do you have a suggestion?

No i dont have one for surplus either :/ dreading this exam! Environmental I was thinking to do the Sahel?
No i dont have one for surplus either :/ dreading this exam! Environmental I was thinking to do the Sahel?

Yeah the Sahel is a good choice! How about socio-economic?
Yeah the Sahel is a good choice! How about socio-economic?

china
Are these case studies and structure okay? Will all this data and knowledge be okay no matter what question they ask? Please help I'm worried

Environmental(climate)- Haiti natural disasters and Somalia drought. Australia for surplus or mainland Europe where conditions are better
Soils- the Sahel region and Soil types

political support/gvt- CAP for surplus ,China communism Great Leap Forward for deficit. Malawi subsidy
Conflict- Sudan war for deficit, for surplus vs deficit I did Oman vs Yemen

Access to tech- green revolution discussed India and Africa, surplus used farm I visited on school trip
Type of farming - gonna do later.
Might discuss population and gender inequality aswell
(edited 7 years ago)
Also do we really need to give the source after every fact?
And what are u guys talking about intro and conclusion
china

Okay same! Really not looking forward to it! It seems like a lot to write in only an hour and half!!
Okay same! Really not looking forward to it! It seems like a lot to write in only an hour and half!!

could you let me know your structure and case studies?
Original post by AaronT96
Are these case studies and structure okay? Will all this data and knowledge be okay no matter what question they ask? Please help I'm worried

Environmental(climate)- Haiti natural disasters and Somalia drought. Australia for surplus or mainland Europe where conditions are better
Soils- the Sahel region and Soil types

political support/gvt- CAP for surplus ,China communism Great Leap Forward for deficit. Malawi subsidy
Conflict- Sudan war for deficit, for surplus vs deficit I did Oman vs Yemen

Access to tech- green revolution discussed India and Africa, surplus used farm I visited on school trip
Type of farming - gonna do later.
Might discuss population and gender inequality aswell

are you not including scale?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending