The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) D1 Wednesday 15th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Is anyone making an unofficial markscheme
Does anyone have a photo of the paper?
pretty sure I messed up the linear programming question, just kept reading it and nothing of use was registering in my brain, I managed to plot the one it gave in the question (and prove why it was a constraint) and got 99x +104y < 600 and then plotted that, got the 5 attendants and worked out a minimum cost (thought it was wrong I should get some marks somewhere) so hopefully I managed to get half marks or so in that question. hoping for a fairly decent A to cover for my slightly sketchy attempts at C1 and C2!
Original post by Lazoom
Thats right thinking about it know, it'll be half 6 as you leave to make 2 arcs, then plus the one from repeating. :/

I got L as four. I drew one of the routes to verify lol
Original post by rich1334
Yeah, I swear another of the people mentioned in the question was named Gordon too, although I might just be imagining things at this point :tongue:

Well, I'm glad I've done all of my applied modules for the year (just C3 and C4 to go!). I hate having to wade through someone's dietary requirements, ice cream preferences, wedding plans etc in order to answer the bloody question! (i.e. It's rarely just 'find the shortest past from a to g.' ) The beauty of pure maths exams is that it's straight to the point (i.e. 'convert this set of concise mathematical symbols into another form of concise symbols' ) and there's no need to fear about godawful, contrived puns or convoluted walls of text!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 105
Original post by rebirth61213
Well, I'm glad I've done all of my applied modules for the year (just C3 and C4 to go!). I hate having to wade through someone's dietary requirements, ice cream preferences, wedding plans etc in order to answer the bloody question! (i.e. It's rarely just 'find the shortest past from a to g.' ) The beauty of pure maths exams is that it's straight to the point (i.e. 'convert this set of concise mathematical symbols into another form of concise symbols' ) and there's no need to fear about godawful, contrived puns or convoluted walls of text!

I feel exactly the same. But I still have to do M1. Then C3 is last.

Just frustrating having to work through a question involving people like Roland Neede and Rhoda Rage
Reply 106
Original post by Mathematicus65
I reckon 66 - 100 UMS
61 - A*
55 - A
50 - B

this seems fair. I think it was a fairly average paper, if not slightly easier than usual. But the linear programming is normally a lot simpler and it was worth a few marks. I'd say 55-58 for an A
Reply 107
Original post by Lazoom
I got 88 for my answer

I also got 88
help. in the linear programming Q, I was going to write 99x etc.. as the constaint but im sure the additonal £35 was optional so i crossed it out.
Original post by RmAthS
I also got 88

What question is this?
I can't be the only one who noticed that the 3 kids drawing the graphs were called Holly, Olly and Polly
Reply 111
Original post by garlicbread23
help. in the linear programming Q, I was going to write 99x etc.. as the constaint but im sure the additonal £35 was optional so i crossed it out.

The constraint given to us came from the hours available.
The other 3 constraints were:
x>1
y>1
99x+104y<600

The decorations for the outfits were not classed as optional (at least it didn't say so in the question).

So, it was £35 for the bridesmaids extras, 8 metres of fabric required at £8 per metre made £64, so the total per bridesmaids dress was £99.

£80 for the pageboy extras, 3 metres of fabric at £8 each made £24, so the total per pageboy outfit was £104.

The available budget for the worker guy was £600, hence 99x+104y<600.

The x>1 and y>1 constraints because the woman wanted at least 1 of each bridesmaid and pageboy.
:smile:
Original post by TheTopStudent
I can't be the only one who noticed that the 3 kids drawing the graphs were called Holly, Olly and Polly

There was also a molly
Reply 113
Original post by hallo.C
What question is this?

I can't remember which question exactly, but it was one of the graph ones where you had to find a route of something. Sorry that's not very useful but I just remember getting 88 as an answer :smile:
Original post by Lazoom
There wasnt a 6iiib think you mean a question on 7, i put through L 7 times I believe, as it had 6 arcs and one repeated through it, wasnt 100 percent on it though

I think it was four because you had to make the graph Eulerian (meaning L has a node order of 8) so that each time you reach L you use one node to get to it and another to get away - hence you pass through it four times. Super annoyed because I've only just realised this after the exam!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RmAthS
The constraint given to us came from the hours available.
The other 3 constraints were:
x>1
y>1
99x+104y<600

:smile:

Dammit i had those but I changed it to not include the 35 and 80 because it called them items so I didn't count it as a material..... and the fact that it said ALL costs in the last part of the question

how many marks you think that lost?
I got p=5 when x=4 y=1 with the graph
Original post by Furthermaths100
For the last question did people get the route of weight 295 minutes?

I did! Although I got different to everyone else in my class
Reply 117
Original post by iubiubiub
Dammit i had those but I changed it to not include the 35 and 80 because it called them items so I didn't count it as a material..... and the fact that it said ALL costs in the last part of the question

how many marks you think that lost?
I got p=5 when x=4 y=1 with the graph

well finding the constraints was worth 4 marks, drawing the graph and shading the feasible region was worth another 4, then 1 mark for how many guests could attend and another 3 (I think?) for the last part of the question.
you'd probably get 2-3 out of 4 for the first part. Probably 3 for the second part providing you drew the constraints right (ecf). And then there should have been 5 guests/attendants for the next mark. And for the final 3 the answer (I believe) was £1715. So as long as you got ecf and the rest of the question right, I don't see why you shouldn't get 9/12 ish :smile:
Reply 118
Original post by Mathematicus65
I reckon 66 - 100 UMS
61 - A*
55 - A
50 - B

How does that work? Surely 72 will always be 100 UMS, and 66 could be anywhere from roughly 90 - 99 depending on the grade boundaries?
Does anyone have a full unofficial mark scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending