The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
😂😂😂 I'm sure you're not that bad. If you need lessons you can PM me 👌👌jk.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Haha, and you clearly haven't heard me then 😂
Original post by NiamhM1801
Haha, and you clearly haven't heard me then 😂

I'm curious as to how bad you are now 🤔🤔🤔🤔

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Hahahahaha after looking at the chemistry thread I've changed my mind
It went badly
Very very badly

Whyyy :frown:
I'm curious as to how bad you are now 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Let's just say my voice resembles a dying hippo and leave it at that 😂
Let's just say my voice resembles a dying hippo and leave it at that 😂

Lol. Don't be too harsh on yourself.

It went badly
Very very badly

What makes you say that ?

What makes you say that ?

Well when I was actually in the hall I didn't feel like it went that well but I kind of tried to see it positively, but now I've checked the thread (admittedly I probably shouldn't have done this) I've realised how much I actually got wrong :frown:
Although, tbh it is chemistry which is definitely my weakest science so it doesn't surprise me really. Hopefully C123 will pull me up cause C7 sure won't hahah :s-smilie:
Additional Chemistry is done, thank god.
It didn't go amazingly, but it didn't go badly...
Most of what I revised didn't even come up (I'm looking straight at you C6)
But yeah I'm reasonably pleased with it.

That's what I've found too, that everything i focused on never turned up but the stuff I glossed over did :frown: it's all done now though so no need to worry :smile:

Original post by lilacpotato
C2 was very nice and C3 wasn't too bad! How did everyone else's go? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really positive, well done. Mixed feelings about mine, just hope the MS is generous :smile:

It went badly
Very very badly

It can't have been that bad? What do you think you messed up on?
Original post by lilacpotato
C2 was very nice and C3 wasn't too bad! How did everyone else's go? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was good although I do additional science

It went badly
Very very badly

I'm sure that you haven't done that bad! You can never trust these threads and the mark scheme will always allow other answers!
I did my additional science exam and I think it went well, probably made some silly mistakes here and there. :smile:I'm too afraid to check the unofficial mark scheme and it'll make me worry a lot.
Well when I was actually in the hall I didn't feel like it went that well but I kind of tried to see it positively, but now I've checked the thread (admittedly I probably shouldn't have done this) I've realised how much I actually got wrong :frown:
Although, tbh it is chemistry which is definitely my weakest science so it doesn't surprise me really. Hopefully C123 will pull me up cause C7 sure won't hahah :s-smilie:

You can't be the jack of all trades. I'm sure your C123 will pull it up and you can always make it up with C7. Don't get your hopes down. Is that a saying ? Idek. You get what I mean right ?

(edited 7 years ago)
What is everyone hoping to get in Chemistry after sitting this exam ? Don't let one exam get you down. Good luck girls and guys .

Original post by brainzistheword
That's what I've found too, that everything i focused on never turned up but the stuff I glossed over did :frown: it's all done now though so no need to worry :smile:

It can't have been that bad? What do you think you messed up on?

Well I was kind of simultaneously lucky and unlucky in the fact that the stuff that I just skimmed didn't come up (ie titrations and calculations) but the stuff I had revised thoroughly didn't come up either. Lots of stuff on application and interpretation of data rather than actual knowledge (not that I'm too rich in that department either lmao) which is the stuff I'm pretty bad at. Oh and there was loads of salt. Far too much salt (and not in a "salty" way, I mean the majority of questions were literally about salt, sodium chloride whatever you want to call it)
Original post by sahra30013
I'm sure that you haven't done that bad! You can never trust these threads and the mark scheme will always allow other answers!

Ah true, although I know that I've definitely got some wrong, and I was incredibly pushed for time so I had to really rush some answers. I also ran out of time on a 6 marker so didn't get to finish talking about potassium chloride :frown: (I told you there was a lot about salt)
You can't be the jack of all trades. I'm sure your C123 will pull it up and you can always make it up with C7. Don't get your hopes down. Is that a saying ? Idek. You get what I mean right ?

Ah true. I don't care about chemistry anyway haha physics all the way :biggrin:
I guess if I revise enough I could, and considering that I've actually revised it before the day before the exam shows a) that it could go quite well and b) just how scared I am of C7!!
Haha, I'll try not to 'get my hopes down'. I'm not sure if it's a saying either. It should be though - yeah I get what you mean.
What is everyone hoping to get in Chemistry after sitting this exam ? Don't let one exam get you down. Good luck girls and guys .

It was an A*, and I might still be in with a chance
Just gonna have to nail C7 now to make sure though
Ah true. I don't care about chemistry anyway haha physics all the way :biggrin:
I guess if I revise enough I could, and considering that I've actually revised it before the day before the exam shows a) that it could go quite well and b) just how scared I am of C7!!
Haha, I'll try not to 'get my hopes down'. I'm not sure if it's a saying either. It should be though - yeah I get what you mean.

Lol. It's not a saying. It makes sense though. To be honest just go for it. You can still get an A*. Just aim for 100 UMS in the next paper. Good luck.!

It was an A*, and I might still be in with a chance
Just gonna have to nail C7 now to make sure though

Good luck. 👍👍👍

Well I was kind of simultaneously lucky and unlucky in the fact that the stuff that I just skimmed didn't come up (ie titrations and calculations) but the stuff I had revised thoroughly didn't come up either. Lots of stuff on application and interpretation of data rather than actual knowledge (not that I'm too rich in that department either lmao) which is the stuff I'm pretty bad at. Oh and there was loads of salt. Far too much salt (and not in a "salty" way, I mean the majority of questions were literally about salt, sodium chloride whatever you want to call it)

Ah I know what you mean - and I noticed that with my exams, very little content as such but more tables, graphs and data which is annoying if you can't get your head around it the first time. I wonder why there was so much on salt? I mean, it's not like they're short of topics to choose from
Lol. It's not a saying. It makes sense though. To be honest just go for it. You can still get an A*. Just aim for 100 UMS in the next paper. Good luck.!

Ah yeah, guess I'll have to haha
That'll be a challenge and a half! :tongue:

Good luck. 👍👍👍

Thank you!

Original post by brainzistheword
Ah I know what you mean - and I noticed that with my exams, very little content as such but more tables, graphs and data which is annoying if you can't get your head around it the first time. I wonder why there was so much on salt? I mean, it's not like they're short of topics to choose from

Yeah it's so annoying! Like all I want is some nice questions where I just get to display my knowledge to them but nooo, Matt's gotta come in with his tables of acids and alkalis and ruin my life, yup fine go ahead. 😂😂

And I know! Literally 2 6 markers on the stuff. And on the 2nd one they didn't want you to talk about just one salt, they wanted you to compare 3 different salts! I mean have they not heard about too much salt being bad for you? (I'd hope so seeing as it's in their specification...) oh look all this talk of salt's made me salty 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest