The Student Room Group

Do girls really like geeky guys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Only weird girls payed attention to me back when I was a true geek :dontknow:
Reply 21
Original post by Alexion
I sure do hope so :rofl:

Oi, if you're as good at attracting female attention irl anywhere near the magnitude you do here then there's no need for hope
Haha I guess so just like guys like geeky girls
Original post by Anonymous
From my observation girls dgaf about geeky guys and yet all I read on articles and forums is how much girls love geeky guys. Is this like a marketing strategy by the tech industry or do you actually like them?

P.S. I'm a guy but I understand that girls prefer jacked, outgoing, arrogant dudes.

I really like geeky guys (I am nerdy myself) and I think they are interesting and would prefer a geeky guy any day over some arrogant guy
Personally, I'd prefer geeky guys over...well any guy.
I find a guy who's able to engage in intellectual discourse and speaks and types in proper full sentences v attractive (doesn't use vulgar or sound like a chav, doesn't have poor grammar, etc)
Original post by totabatouta
Haha I guess so just like guys like geeky girls

Guys don't really profess to like geeky girls. They mostly don't mind if you're geeky or not. They care if you're hot.
Original post by Anonymous
From my observation girls dgaf about geeky guys and yet all I read on articles and forums is how much girls love geeky guys. Is this like a marketing strategy by the tech industry or do you actually like them?

P.S. I'm a guy but I understand that girls prefer jacked, outgoing, arrogant dudes.

When it comes down to it, geeky boys do well in school and get money. Money is life.
Geeky girls like geeky guys because they have a lot in common.

In terms of non-geeky girls liking geeky guys and it being a current "trend", what they really like is hipsters who wear glasses and like the big bang theory. Anyone who actually wants to discuss anything geeky they are not interested in.

This has typically been my experience.
Reply 29
Anyway, you know, geeks and douchebags aren't mutually exclusive as some naive girls here seem to believe
Yep! I love my geeky guy! :love:
Original post by karl pilkington
What women say they like and actually do like are two very different things

Sad but true.

I'm a bit of a nerd, bit of an introvert, and skinny; things women claim aren't turn-offs but the reality doesn't match up with their words. Not bitter about it, everyone has their preferences and are entitled to them, but it's perhaps the reason why I won't find a relationship again.

Ah well. At least I have my Nature's Prophet plushie, Geralt of Rivia hand-painted model and over 600 games on Steam. :biggrin:
Reply 32
I prefer a geeky girl and it's good to see that so many girls like geeky guys :tongue:
I believe that a lot of females are attracted to geeky guys but we're too reticent to admit it or tell them.

Spoiler

I would prefer a 'geeky' person to a dumb or like you said arrogant person.
I prefer geeky guys but not those who purposely try to act it bc girls prefer that. Guy who are naturally geeky and don't care about peoples opinions on them being a geek :dontknow:

EDIT: Also like guys who are passionate about future/current career choices or have common interests that we're both passionate about
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't if I am going to be truthful lol
Reply 37
Geeky cute guys are nice, not your typical Pokemon collecting kind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they are cute/handsome then yes.
Reply 39
Original post by keturah
If they are cute/handsome then yes.

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending