The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ciarah1101
did anyone do unit 2 chemistry today?

I had unit 1
Original post by ciarah1101
I am so nervous for it lol but i only have 4 exams left thank goodness. 14 down 4 to go

4 left as well
Original post by chemnerd4life
Further Maths! 🙋🏼

I'm in year 11 so It is my last one!!! Can't wait for it to be over!!😊What does everybody want and not want to come up? Predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone else think GCSE's have gotten slightly harder compared to other years? Many of my teachers have told us that ''this was the hardest exam ccea have ever made'' and looking back on past papers for some subjects like maths and chemistry they just seem easier
Reply 844
Anyone know where the May June 2014 further maths paper is? its not on ccea i think i used to be though
Original post by chemistrynerd13
I'm in year 11 so It is my last one!!! Can't wait for it to be over!!😊What does everybody want and not want to come up? Predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i really dont want a lot of vectors to come up! loads of turning points would be brilliant i love them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much the same things come up every year
Original post by bar73
Anyone know where the May June 2014 further maths paper is? its not on ccea i think i used to be though

That's what I was wondering although I have a copy of it if you want me to send you photos. I have already done the paper though so you tell me what questions you want😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jackcoys
****. That chemistry unit 1 paper was a okay. Better than last year I think.

Colour change when sodium bromide and sodium gas react?

I put red-colourless. But I think it was white-colourless?

Also. The last question everyone got 365 and I got 36.5 :/. I suppose it's only 1 mark but still. I think I aced the 6 markers and 9 marker!

What did you have to do for drawing (dot and cross) for the sodium compound?

I drrew 2 sodium atoms and 1 of the other 1..

9 marker? What was the question???😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 95%+ in every c1 and in that exam I know I've lost at least 8 marks so pissed off!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 850
For the sodium bromide and chlorine gas i put yellow>brown for the colour change. Also for the 9mq i didnt write the correct ionic equation for either reaction so can i still get 7/9. I messed up the 6mq on dot and cross bc i put 2 oxygen atoms instead of 2 sodium, but still did the charge and tranfer of electrons so will i get 0?? So annoyed bc i normally get 90+ but ive got at least 8 wrong
Original post by chemnerd4life
Pretty much the same things come up every year

9 marker? What was the question???😀Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you remember? Haha, I don't!

I think it was: Iron Sulfate is dissolved into a solution which to produce Iron ions. Describe a test to carry out to identify that these are iron ions, the results you would expect and the ionic equation. Describe a test you would take to show that sulfate ions are also present in the solution, the results you would expect and the ionic equation?

Was that it? No idea.
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you remember? Haha, I don't!

I think the 9 marker was the question were you hade to describe the tests for iron(ll) sulfate and show the ionic equations
Original post by Katie389
I think the 9 marker was the question were you hade to describe the tests for iron(ll) sulfate and show the ionic equations

Yeah.. got it thanks! Do you remember what the half equations on the first page questions were? I messed them up.
Would anyone know where to get the biology unit 2 past papers for 2014 and 2015? I can't find them on the ccea website
Yeah.. got it thanks! Do you remember what the half equations on the first page questions were? I messed them up.

I'm pretty sure it was the element to the ion with a charge of a positive one and an electron and then the diatomic element plus two electrons to give two ions with a negative charge, I cant remember what the elements were so it sounds really confusing
that chemistry exam was alright. i think i mightve lacked some detail in a few questions but other than that it wasn't too bad.

i have completely lost all motivation. the fact that i have a further maths exam tomorrow is killing me. it also pains me to know that almost everyone else only has one final exams whereas I still have 3 left. I'm especially dreading further maths paper 2. like seriously dreading it. it doesn't help I handed in my textbook to my teacher (he demanded them, honestly) and now I have to rely on my notes and past papers. god save me that i get an A in this subject.
Original post by GoNinty
that chemistry exam was alright. i think i mightve lacked some detail in a few questions but other than that it wasn't too bad.

i have completely lost all motivation. the fact that i have a further maths exam tomorrow is killing me. it also pains me to know that almost everyone else only has one final exams whereas I still have 3 left. I'm especially dreading further maths paper 2. like seriously dreading it. it doesn't help I handed in my textbook to my teacher (he demanded them, honestly) and now I have to rely on my notes and past papers. god save me that i get an A in this subject.

I have 4 left and i'm so tired and bored. I've done 15 so far.
am i the only one who didnt mind the chem? i just made a lot of silly mistakes like mistaking copper carbonate for copper oxide
Reply 859
For chem unit 1 did you get n=6 on the moles question and then sonething like 365kg??

Quick Reply