The Student Room Group

Ocr gateway p1 p2 p3 15/06: Officialthread

Scroll to see replies

for the question about the girls observations about global warming being wrong? and the P3 where it talked about the accleration time graph how does increasing speed affect accelartaion and part b to that? Thanks
Original post by leopard923
Really? Oh well that's makes me happier lool :wink: and I hope you do well! 52 was an a* so you could still get it!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, but what makes me upset is that to get an A* overall, I need to get two high A*s because i got a scrape A on my CA - like on the dot.... That's the problem, and I think A* will be higher this time like 55 ish or higher, i don't even know - physics is unpredictable lol. Let's hope I got a medium A* anyway.
Original post by some-student
OCR PHYSICS B: GATEWAY SCIENCE
P1, P2, P3 EXAM (75 marks) - 15 JUNE 2016
UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME
This may not all be right, but I'll try and use the specification where possible, so feel free to correct me :smile:

Module P1 - 25 marks
1. Hole in the ozone layer
a) Describe what the industry were told to do after the discovery of the ozone layer hole [1]
stop using / producing CFCs (1)
b) Describe what the public were told to do after the discovery of the ozone layer hole [1]stop using CFCs / adequate sun protection e.g. sun block (1)
c) Some scientists were skeptical. Describe how the scientists verified their information [1]using existing scientific ideas (1)
d) Suggest why scientists are more confident now [1]one of measurements repeated with new equipment (1) measurements repeated by different scientists (1) predictions tested based on the explanation (1)

Thank to for this! I just realised I mis read the first two questions :frown: I thought it said what what were the scientists advised to do by industry so I said check their instruments

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank to for this! I just realised I mis read the first two questions :frown: I thought it said what what were the scientists advised to do by industry so I said check their instruments

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ****, that's two marks gone. :frown: I done that for part (c) lol. -_-
Original post by Chittesh14
Oh ****, that's two marks gone. :frown: I done that for part (c) lol. -_-

You might be right though! I said a) instruments faulty b) no immediate concern as they didn't believe it in the 70's ( that is probably wrong!) C) do it with different instruments and d) discussed and test by a wide range of scientists

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question 1 answer was that the industry were told to stop using fossil fuels not stop using CFC'S
and then Question 1b)was that the public were told to not use as much ( or any at all) CFC'S such as hairspray.
Original post by LieutenantJ
I got 1080p.

It said that the average power was 1500W and she left it on for 0.5 hours. So wouldn't you need to get the power for one full hour and then multiply it by the 20 hours.

I did

1500W / 0.5 hours = 3000W

3000w = 3kW

3kW x 20h = 60kWh

60kWh x 18p = 1080p

Your method is the correct one. What did you get for the current of the oven? I got 7.83...which seems to be different to everyone else.
It was 2800N * 20 m/s = 56000 W?

I got that.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Your method is the correct one. What did you get for the current of the oven? I got 7.83...which seems to be different to everyone else.

Yeah, that's what I got because you had to do power / voltage to get current.
What was the answer for work done? I got 560000 J and i think it's wrong.
Yeah, but what makes me upset is that to get an A* overall, I need to get two high A*s because i got a scrape A on my CA - like on the dot.... That's the problem, and I think A* will be higher this time like 55 ish or higher, i don't even know - physics is unpredictable lol. Let's hope I got a medium A* anyway.

Ahhh I seeeee i don't think it will be higher than 55 I thought it was still quite difficult. I'm sure u have done fine !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, that's what I got because you had to do power / voltage to get current.

Same :smile: what did u get for the p2 six marker and for the first question of the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same :smile: what did u get for the p2 six marker and for the first question of the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For 1) a) I put that they told the industry to stop using CFCs. For b) I put that they advised the public to put on sun screen to protect themselves from UV.

I think it's CFCs and not fossil fuels because fossil fuels cause global warming and not the depletion of the ozone layer.

For the P2 six marker, I don't really remember much besides I got gamma for A. :redface:
For 1) a) I put that they told the industry to stop using CFCs. For b) I put that they advised the public to put on sun screen to protect themselves from UV.

I think it's CFCs and not fossil fuels because fossil fuels cause global warming and not the depletion of the ozone layer.

For the P2 six marker, I don't really remember much besides I got gamma for A. :redface:

Ahhh ok thanks:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
fossil fuels are burnt of which is the process of combustion of which is producing CO2 and co2 is a factor in the depletion of the ozone layer
Hey, does anyone know what the grade boundaries are normally for this paper? Thanks
Original post by Jimbobbybryan
Hey, does anyone know what the grade boundaries are normally for this paper? Thanks

higher than biology but lower than chemistry (recently at least)

varies from around high 40s to mid 50s, don't think it's been above 54 but someone else can confirm that, last year was 52

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same answer woo hoo!
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
higher than biology but lower than chemistry (recently at least)

varies from around high 40s to mid 50s, don't think it's been above 54 but someone else can confirm that, last year was 52

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that for A*???
Original post by Jimbobbybryan
Is that for A*???

yup, raw marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest