The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Seville
I'm impressed middle Britain rules elections in China tbh

To be honest, would do exactly the same. as will most of middle britain, and middle britain rules elections in this country..

Spends whole post talking about UK referendum..
Posting on a UK website
Refers to 'this country'

think your reaching to hard to find something funny..
Original post by fallen_acorns
My parents are the embodiment of why remain will win the referendum.

Middle class britain personified.

Both of them like brexit in principle.. greater control/democracy/indpendance are things they aprove of.. they are pro-immagration, but worried about the longterm effects of 'mass' immagration.. and they are not 100% happy with how europe is run.

But..

They dont want to loose any money on their house..
They both have savings that they dont want to risk/investments they dont want to gamble with
Both of them have high paying jobs with companies that rely on europe for buisness.

So both have voted (postal) to stay in.

**** are they going to risk any of their wealth for ideals.

--

To be honest, would do exactly the same. as will most of middle britain, and middle britain rules elections in this country..

I'm not sure how the old people/pensioners will vote though. Usually they are more likely to dislike immigrants and the continent. Do they care that much about the economy?
Reply 5302
Was wondering, what height would you prefer a girl to be and what their preferred body type is? Was speaking with a friend the other day about this.

For me body shape depends on the girl, not a fan of surfboards though, everything needs to be in proportion, if you have no back but you have a front then do some squats, if the other way round then well it's peak. I'm not really up for looking like a girl's dad either so while 5'0-5'11 is the range ideally a 5'8 girl would be good.

@Zayn is Bae @difeo @swirly @Lucio @lucio.is.btchboy @Sr90 Sucks BBC
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5303
Original post by Zerforax
I'm not sure how the old people/pensioners will vote though. Usually they are more likely to dislike immigrants and the continent. Do they care that much about the economy?

No because they're all on their ****ing pension in a few years after spending 20+ years ****ing up the british economy.
Original post by Zerforax

My grandpa is voting in.. mainly out of the interest of his children and grandchildren's jobs..

But He says he is the only one he knows out of all the people in his church (around 70-80 pensioners)

Young people will vote in.
Old people will vote out.
The middle will be split, to leaning in.

For me, the only way out wins, is if young people dont turn up to vote.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Was wondering, what height would you prefer a girl to be and what their preferred body type is? Was speaking with a friend the other day about this.

For me body shape depends on the girl, not a fan of surfboards though, everything needs to be in proportion, if you have no back but you have a front then do some squats, if the other way round then well it's peak. I'm not really up for looking like a girl's dad either so while 5'0-5'11 is the range ideally a 5'8 girl would be good.

Wife is 5'6, which is fine for me.. shes a bit tall compared to girls in china, but about normal in england.

last 'serrious' girlfriend before was around 5'9.. that was ok.

Before that though, I dated both ends of the spectrum, had a girlfriend who was 4'11, Horrible.. got dirtly looks everywhere as If I was a child snatcher. When I was a teenager dated a girl who was the same height as me, 6', didnt like that either.. felt wierd.

So yeah, anywhere from about 5'2, to 5'11 and its cool for me

Looks wise

Spoiler

Preferred height and body type is Sally Nugent. That middle age, but hasn't let herself go, and does yoga/ pilates 3x a week look. Probably has a Nutribullet.

She's dreamy af :love:
Reply 5307
Original post by fallen_acorns
Wife is 5'6, which is fine for me.. shes a bit tall compared to girls in china, but about normal in england.

last 'serrious' girlfriend before was around 5'9.. that was ok.

Before that though, I dated both ends of the spectrum, had a girlfriend who was 4'11, Horrible.. got dirtly looks everywhere as If I was a child snatcher. When I was a teenager dated a girl who was the same height as me, 6', didnt like that either.. felt wierd.

So yeah, anywhere from about 5'2, to 5'11 and its cool for me

Looks wise

Spoiler

For me I'm good from 5'0-5'11. Prefer them to be 5'8 though. There's something pretty cool about tall/above average height girls.

I don't know about sizes but I guess size 12 is the highest I'll go too. The whole protector thing you can do with a 5'9 girl but I like my girls independent. When I mean independent I don't mean crazy and domineering(because a lot of dependent women try to be domineering, in fact an independent woman is less likely to be like that). Also the whole 'protecting' thing I'm not a fan of imo. I've been in a relationship where I felt like the protector(emotionally for sure) and it's too draining for me.
For me I'm good from 5'0-5'11. Prefer them to be 5'8 though. There's something pretty cool about tall/above average height girls.

I don't know about sizes but I guess size 12 is the highest I'll go too. The whole protector thing you can do with a 5'9 girl but I like my girls independent. When I mean independent I don't mean crazy and domineering(because a lot of dependent women try to be domineering, in fact an independent woman is less likely to be like that). Also the whole 'protecting' thing I'm not a fan of imo. I've been in a relationship where I felt like the protector(emotionally for sure) and it's too draining for me.

I know what you mean about the personality part - I agree. the protecting thing for me, is really a physical thing, rather then a personality thing, A girl who wants me to protect her/baby her, personality wise is awful for me, as like you say, its far to emotionally draining.

but a girl who is phyiscally smaller works and needs a stronger man just makes me feel good. Love when my wife cant open a bottle, or needs me to reach something.. needs me to carry the shopping home, or holds onto me if shes scared walking at night - just makes you feel like a propper man, in an age where thats not always easy.

5'9'' and slim is ideal tbh.

@swirly @difeo @The Wavefunction Taylor has now grown on me after this

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2016/06/15/taylor-swift-zayn-malik-compliment

Spoiler

Pretty much what fk said, but really height isn't that important. I think that if they're short they can get away with not being so thin - not fat, but when a girl is tall and also thick or whatever then they're just too big. Unfeminine innit
Original post by difeo
Pretty much what fk said, but really height isn't that important. I think that if they're short they can get away with not being so thin - not fat, but when a girl is tall and also thick or whatever then they're just too big. Unfeminine innit

Why not provide thoughts on what I tagged you in you nonce

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Why not provide thoughts on what I tagged you in you nonce

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thoughts: not surprised you read Vogue you nonce

But yes Taylor is very caring and supportive :love:
Would you guys date a girl taller than you? :holmes:
Original post by The.Joker

Nah, still gotta be taller than a girl even when she's wearing heels.

How tall are you joker? :wink:
Original post by Lúcio

Joker is a 4ft 6 Bengali hobbit

pls confirm
Reply 5316
Original post by difeo

Good point. Well depends on the guy's height as well. 5'8/5'9 and slim makes more sense than 5'8 and thick. I think with a 5'5 girl they need to be thick. Also a 5'0 girl with no body man is peak because they look like you can break them in two if you have any decent muscular build).

In fact might start thread.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Nah, still gotta be taller than a girl even when she's wearing heels.

Original post by swirly
Joker is a 4ft 6 Bengali hobbit

pls confirm

lol I'm 5ft 2", which for an Asian is probably about average.
Wish I was 5ft 6" though...

Probably 6'0" would be my limit (I'm 5'11" so that's a little taller), not because it'd mean she's so much taller than me but because that's getting a bit too tall. I guess there's exceptions like Sharapova though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol I'm 5ft 2", which for an Asian is probably about average.
Wish I was 5ft 6" though...

Nah 5'2 is decent because if you're wearing heels, you'll still be smaller than the average male.
So even manlets like FK will retain their masculinity :colone:

What about you - can a guy be too tall?

Man like shawn giving me chirpsing tips :wink:

Latest