The Student Room Group

Physics P1 - 3 OCR Gateway B GCSE Official Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Half of my class came out going 'that was great' and the other half were all 'oh crap'. I think it could have been better but hopefully it wasn't awful.
I can't remember what I put for the ozone one but I remember thinking 'there isn't a general population, it's Antarctica!' but I get what they meant. Godamn Anita, is she one of those people who doesn't believe in dinosaurs or evolution?
I don't want to look at the revision guide because of the rubbish I put for the double glazing one, I think I'll cry *runs self over with Emily's van*
Original post by mxskaan
Posted on another thread too but for calculations I got:

1800J for wasted energy
60% efficiency

60 degrees for water and 40 degrees for plastic beaker

7.83A for the highest current (oven)

2m/s^2 for acceleration
280,000J for workdone and 56,000 watts for power

540p for the kwh question

Posted from TSR Mobile

wasn't it 1080p? because it was for 0.5 hours so you had to double it??
Don't worry guys if you're feeling bad.
I was expecting 60+/75 on this paper, and apparently I might get 50 ish.
I read 5 questions incorrectly and lost around 10 marks just there.
Didn't have time to check my 6 markers and lost 4-5 marks there too. :s-smilie:

Original post by HouseOfRichman
I found that quite challenging? More because of the overload of data and things you could write than not having enough to write about though... What did people get for the radioactive sources? I got something like gamma, alpha, beta, gamma

That's correct.
Reply 44
I got 280,000 because the average speed was 10 and distance = speed × time so 10 × 10 = 100. And as work done = force × distance, 2800 × 100 = work done so work done = 280,000
Original post by Sam3700
I got 280,000 because the average speed was 10 and distance = speed × time so 10 × 10 = 100. And as work done = force × distance, 2800 × 100 = work done so work done = 280,000

Correct :smile:.
Was Chloe right or wrong on the P3 question?
Original post by esmithxx

I put wrong :smile:

Remind me of the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=HouseOfRichman;65823155]Remind me of the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was about stopping distance. She said double speed=double stopping distance. I think she was wrong though as it increases by a factor 4
Reply 50
I was about stopping distance. She said double speed=double stopping distance. I think she was wrong though as it increases by a factor 4

She was wrong. Braking distance works in squares. So therefore stopping distance will be bigger than double.
Reply 51
Original post by HouseOfRichman
What are the predictions for grade boundaries?

Grade Boundary Prediction for Physics Paper 1 (P1, 2 , 3):

It was quite a challenging paper, although sometimes the answers were virtually given to you, so the boundaries are very likely to be moderately high!

A* - 51
A - 42
B - 33
C - 23
D - 17
E - 11
U - 0

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending