The Student Room Group

Do girls really like geeky guys?

Scroll to see replies

Geeky boys who are secretly bad boys once you get to know them
Original post by RobML
thanks

You're welcome.
as long as the conversation is-a-flowin (and they have good taste in music ofc) i don't really give a crap :five:
Reply 43
Original post by keturah
You're welcome.

So obvious you were speaking about me...
Original post by Anonymous
From my observation girls dgaf about geeky guys and yet all I read on articles and forums is how much girls love geeky guys. Is this like a marketing strategy by the tech industry or do you actually like them?

P.S. I'm a guy but I understand that girls prefer jacked, outgoing, arrogant dudes.

It comes down to the individual most geeks are very different from another so your claim about girls not liking geeks is not completely correct. Some girls may not like geeks though, but you should be fine as long as your outgoing, friendly and not boring. Some geeks tend to be boring, shy, inexperienced and socially closed off which is obviously off putting to the majority of girls.
Original post by fatima1998
too late :rofl: she is getting married soon :yep:

Well she can break it off.
She WILL MARRY ME
Firstly, there's no such thing as "girls". What girls? There are females of all kinds of races, ethnicities, backgrounds and with all sorts of preferences and wishes. You can't generalize over three billion people.

However, in the western world, being a "geek" or a "nerd" is not seen in as a negative light as it was in the 80's and 90's. Things that people considered "geeky" back then - comic books, superheroes, video games, trading cards and so on - are now a part of popular culture and are portrayed in a much more positive and engaging light. This increases the odds that people, all people, not just girls, are going to either be familiar with it or at least tolerant of it.

From my personal experience, as a person interesting in some traditionally "geeky" things, I never had any problems getting dates or finding a girlfriend. However, don't think that people don't like you simply because you're a geek. Don't mistake correlation with causation. You might have a negative, repugnant personality and then blame the fact that girls are not interested in you on the fact that you're a geek. People will (generally) accept the fact that you're a geek. But they're not generally going to put up with you being rude, negative or of otherwise poor character.
Reply 47
I much prefer geeky guys! Appearance isn't a factor in choosing someone to date, I would rather be with someone with the same interests and able to uphold a conversation rather than someone who would probably never even like what I do.
Original post by AppleB
Yes, they're cute and not rude.
Some are so shy it's adorable :colondollar:
Plus the conversations are more engaging

What I dont get is how the conversations can be engaging is theyre shy.

Also this pretty much describes me...
Reply 49
Original post by Emsy4
I much prefer geeky guys! Appearance isn't a factor in choosing someone to date I would rather be with someone with the same interests and able to uphold a conversation rather than someone who would probably never even like what I do.

As if

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50

Meant to say a large factor XD Obviously I wouldn't date someone who didn't care about the way they presented themselves, but I wouldn't let it come between a relationship.
Original post by Emsy4
I much prefer geeky guys! Appearance isn't a factor in choosing someone to date, I would rather be with someone with the same interests and able to uphold a conversation rather than someone who would probably never even like what I do.

This post is a load of ********
You need to be checked out if this is anywhere near the truth.
APPEARANCE ISNT A FACTOR??
What????
Reply 52
Original post by Maths is Life
This post is a load of ********
You need to be checked out if this is anywhere near the truth.
APPEARANCE ISNT A FACTOR??
What????

I corrected myself earlier.
I meant to say a large factor.
Please check up next time before you come for me.
Original post by karl pilkington
What women say they like and actually do like are two very different things

Original post by Emsy4
I corrected myself earlier.
I meant to say a large factor.
Please check up next time before you come for me.

I did check. However I chose to proceed.
I will come for you again.
What I dont get is how the conversations can be engaging is theyre shy.

Also this pretty much describes me...

They're shy but once you start talking to them they're cute and have really cool things to say lol
Reply 56
I did check. However I chose to proceed.
I will come for you again.

Clearly you didn't check when you re-iterated the mistake I made and I had backed it up and corrected it to another person earlier in the thread. Enlighten me on how you will come for me again. Moral of the story is to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Case closed.
Original post by Emsy4
Clearly you didn't check when you re-iterated the mistake I made and I had backed it up and corrected it to another person earlier in the thread. Enlighten me on how you will come for me again. Moral of the story is to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Case closed.

Wow I loved that
Original post by Anonymous
From my observation girls dgaf about geeky guys and yet all I read on articles and forums is how much girls love geeky guys. Is this like a marketing strategy by the tech industry or do you actually like them?

P.S. I'm a guy but I understand that girls prefer jacked, outgoing, arrogant dudes.

As long as you're a decent person then it's alright, my ex best friend was a proper geek, sitting on his overweight arse all day playing League and Counterstrike, he's 18 and he's had sex with three different girls, I mean one was him cheating on his girlfriend and one wasn't consenting but yeah :')
I'm sitting here a virgin still but it doesn't phase me, I'm getting there :smile:
Reply 59
You can't put all girls into one category and say they all have the same type. Some probably do....i personally don't find geeky guys attractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending