The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Chemistry C2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Looks like 57/60
Reply 241
Posted from TSR Mobile

For the work out the average question I was really stupid and forgot to not include the anomaly even though it said not to. Would I get at least one mark for working out the average of the numbers I used or is that 2 marks gone for me?
Original post by ruadb0y
I said that nanoparticles (of an element) were much smaller compared to an atom (of the same element) as these nanoparticles are measured in nanometres.

I wonder how many marks this would get...

yah i think u would get full marks was it only 2 marks or 1 mark not really sure tbh
Original post by dee08
Posted from TSR Mobile

For the work out the average question I was really stupid and forgot to not include the anomaly even though it said not to. Would I get at least one mark for working out the average of the numbers I used or is that 2 marks gone for me?

i did the same thing :frown: i think we would get one mark
Can someone help me please?!?!?
The question that asked to draw the energy level diagram was 4 marks.

I drew the diagram but used straight lines. Would I get the marks?

I drew a line upwards from the reactants then I drew a horizontal line then a line downwards and then a horizontal line (below the reactants) to show the products. I labelled the activation energy as an arrow from the level of the reactants to the highest horizontal line and the overall energy change was an arrow from the level of the reactants to the level of the products which is below the reactants. Because I used a ruler to draw straight lines I'm worried I may lose marks????

Plz help...

Here is a picture of what I drew:
4704b.png
btw the line from reactants to top line is shorter than the line from the top to products because it was an exothermic reaction in the exam. In the image attached it shows the opposite (an endothermic reaction).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dee08
For how to make the reaction more accurate I said add a lid so less energy is lost to the surrounding instead of use a digital thermometer, is that wrong.

Someone pls reply! I'm so worried

Yes that's what I wrote to
Because I Remeber it came up on one of the past papers
Reply 246
Original post by dee08
For how to make the reaction more accurate I said add a lid so less energy is lost to the surrounding instead of use a digital thermometer, is that wrong.

Someone pls reply! I'm so worried

In a previous paper there were two answers that was asking the same question, one was add a lid and the other was digital themometer so yes
Original post by jackbarry1999
1b) use a digital thermometer ~ more accurate ~ no human error

If I wrote use an electronic temperature sensor which is more accurate would that count
Reply 248
Original post by Redcoats
I put that it was far smaller than an atom and then wrote 1 nm = 10-9 m

If a nanoparticle is made up of a few hundred atoms theres no way 1 nanoparticle can be smaller than an atom
For 1d I said to use a lid for the beaker to prevent heat loss...idk if that's right
What did u put for why pure water doesn't conduct electricity is because ions are not free to move
Which question was this
Original post by guy321

I drew a line upwards from the reactants then I drew a horizontal line then a line downwards and then a horizontal line (below the reactants) to show the products. I labelled the activation energy as an arrow from the level of the reactants to the highest horizontal line and the overall energy change was an arrow from the level of the reactants to the level of the products which is below the reactants. Because I used a ruler to draw straight lines I'm worried I may lose marks????

Plz help...

4704b.png
btw the line from reactants to top line is shorter than the line from the top to products because it was an exothermic reaction in the exam. In the image attached it shows the opposite (an endothermic reaction).

What question are you on about here?
Is this in C2 there is no any question asking u to draw this
Original post by guy321

Is this in C2 paper i didnt see any question aski g u to draw

Plz help...

4704b.png
Reply 254
Original post by Hiorns158
I just looked at the graphs A, B, C on the left and saw that 200kg was the best, so I said why- highest profit, highest crop yield...
Not sure what you've done, but you might still get a couple of marks?

I thought it was a based on opinion question? You just had to justify your answer...
Original post by Moustafa123r
Which question was this

no delocalised electrons in the water question
Reply 256
Original post by louisaah
6c is thermosetting plastics are best for saucepan handles (?) because they have crosslinks which cannot be broken by heat, whereas in a thermosoftening plastic, the chains of polymers are joined by weak intermolecular forces and are easily broken by heat

Strong?
Original post by Lolol786
Yes that's what I wrote to
Because I Remeber it came up on one of the past papers

That's what I wrote too because even if heat is lost, a digital thermometer which can detect small changes in temp will still not show the true value.
I put ammonia nitrate, not ammonium nitrate. Would I still get the mark? I don't think I would but idk..
Reply 259
Original post by Benb2000
no delocalised electrons in the water question

i think it was the pure water questions i wrote that aswell

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending