The Student Room Group

Which job pays better? (London)

Tesco superstore or M&S?
Reply 1
Depends on individual store
Reply 2
I know not the exact same but i live just outside London and had offers for temp contracts at both Waitrose and M&S, Waitrose started at £6.93 and M&S was £6.94, ended up going with Waitrose bc it's nearer to where I live and the contract was longer, am now on a permanent contract there and my pay went up before my temp contract ended, and there's always extra overtime if I want it, which is coming in useful now that exams are ending :smile: I have a friend that works at Tesco as well and she really enjoys it, I know that they pay similar to Waitrose as well.
Don't wanna completely sway you but I felt that Waitrose was a far friendlier place to work, and found them to be a lot more flexible than M&S were, so if you have the choice I'd go with Tesco
Reply 3
Original post by Toby007
I know not the exact same but i live just outside London and had offers for temp contracts at both Waitrose and M&S, Waitrose started at £6.93 and M&S was £6.94, ended up going with Waitrose bc it's nearer to where I live and the contract was longer, am now on a permanent contract there and my pay went up before my temp contract ended, and there's always extra overtime if I want it, which is coming in useful now that exams are ending :smile: I have a friend that works at Tesco as well and she really enjoys it, I know that they pay similar to Waitrose as well.
Don't wanna completely sway you but I felt that Waitrose was a far friendlier place to work, and found them to be a lot more flexible than M&S were, so if you have the choice I'd go with Tesco

Thanks! I really appreciate that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending