The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry C3 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

what was the answer for the question where it said that air should not go into the reactor?

i said because it would react with iron forming iron oxide.

is that right??
Original post by FaithKG
I wrote hot cataylst and esters

Yeh i wrote esters but then for the first one is said 'an ......' so i don't think it's hot catalyst. i checked my textbook and it says sulfuric acid so assuming it's acid. I didn't write acid
I wrote for source of Methane, 'cow poop'? Will I get the mark
Original post by Mygcsearescary
what was the answer for the question where it said that air should not go into the reactor?

is that right??

I said that air has many other gases which can interfer with what's in the reactor and form a reaction
Original post by nisha.sri
How did you find C2 and C3 ?

I thought C2 went quite good but C3 was a bit worse.
I made so many silly mistakes though which has really annoyed me :s-smilie:
You?
Original post by Marshall Taylor
I wrote for source of Methane, 'cow poop'? Will I get the mark

Idk i wrote cattles
The one about the one for the best yield was 1000 atmospheres and 200*
Original post by Mygcsearescary

is that right??

Yeah I didn't know so I wrote air contains many gases and so these could react to form unwanted products or some bs :lol:
Idk i wrote cattles

Apparently on google there is toxic methane in cow poop...
Reply 309
I'm so confused.. Our paper didn't have a specific heat capacity question but we had most of the questions mentioned in this thread. 🤔
Original post by surina16
I thought C2 went quite good but C3 was a bit worse.
I made so many silly mistakes though which has really annoyed me :s-smilie:
You?

Yes C2 was good and C3 was alright although like you silly mistakes. Like you know for the ethanoic acid i drew the diagram right first time and then i got changed it Ffs. Also what did you get for the bond enthalpy question and the catalyst for Carboxylic in order to form Ester ?

I'm sure you've done well :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fractite
Don't we all..

*sigh* ... :unsure:
Reply 312
Original post by AKDbbb
and there was the energy change question ? worth 3 marks no ? i got -580

There was but most of my mates didn't get -1000 or so. we all got -200 (don't remember the exact number)
Original post by milolj
Will you lose a mark for saying 1623 rather than -1623?

I don't think you'd lose a mark for not putting the minus because it didn't state if it wanted the forward or backwards reaction. However, I don't think 1623 was the actual number
Reply 314
It's a sulphuric acid catalyst in order to make esters right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you have to do for that energy change question ?
Original post by srmed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh it is that's what it said in my text book :smile: Although it said 'an....' so i think it's acid but i'm sure that's right :smile:
Reply 317
Original post by srmed

Posted from TSR Mobile

All I put was an acid catalyst
Yes C2 was good and C2 was alright although like you silly mistakes. Like you know for the ethanoic acid i drew the diagram right first time and then i got changed it Ffs. Also what did you get for the bond enthalpy question and the catalyst for Carboxylic in order to form Ester ?

I'm sure you've done well :smile:

Yeah, I regret changing so many answers ffs! :frown: Like I changed fluorine to iodine, and in the titration I changed my answer so I said the acid was in the pipette :redface:
I think I got -1276 for that, and for the catalyst I put acidic :lol:
What did you put? :smile:

Meh, thank you - I really hope so tbh :/ I'm sure you did great because of how hard you have worked :biggrin:
Original post by Onisparks
I don't think you'd lose a mark for not putting the minus because it didn't state if it wanted the forward or backwards reaction. However, I don't think 1623 was the actual number

What did you get ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending