The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pablo Picasso
How long does a D1 paper normally take you?
And if they ask you for the reason for using dummies, how do you word it, assuming it's not the dependacy reason?

"Activity A and B can't have the same head node and tail node as activities have to be represented uniquely in terms of their end events".

D1 papers take me about 50 minutes, but sometimes up to 75 minutes for a harder paper.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NotNotBatman
Let P = ax+3ay for any value of a. (a is the cost)

You could use the working values. If that doesn't work, say you needed to find the shortest from s to t via f. Find the shortest from f to t, then the shortest from s to f.

Thanks, but shouldn't it be P = 3ax+ay ??
Original post by Glavien
Thanks, but shouldn't it be P = 3ax+ay ??

the cost of a green hat is 3 times the cost of a red hat, so if the cost of a red hat is aa, then the cost of a green hat is 3a3a, so P=ax+3ay .
the cost of a green hat is 3 times the cost of a red hat, so if the cost of a red hat is aa, then the cost of a green hat is 3a3a, so P=ax+3ay .

Hi, how are you studying for D1, doing papers or going through the textbook? Its so hard because there aren't even any solomon papers or anything
Original post by techfan42
Hi, how are you studying for D1, doing papers or going through the textbook? Its so hard because there aren't even any solomon papers or anything

I had a quick read through the textbook, just to recap; now I'm just doing past papers, I think the past papers are sufficient, there's about 19 of them.
Original post by Student403
2 hours lol I'm f***ed

Dummy enables unique representation of activities in terms of their end events

Lol, slow and steady wins the race they say
Lol, slow and steady wins the race they say

True but those races don't have time limits :lol:
Reply 287
is there a maximum amount of comparisons for quick sort? @NotNotBatman
I had a quick read through the textbook, just to recap; now I'm just doing past papers, I think the past papers are sufficient, there's about 19 of them.

semi eulerian means 2 odds nodes?
Original post by kennz
is there a maximum amount of comparisons for quick sort? @NotNotBatman

Dunno, it's not in the textbook as far as I know.
semi eulerian means 2 odds nodes?

Odd valency, Yes.
Has anyone got the answer booklet for the June 2015 paper? I can't find it anywhere.

Yeah, same I read the textbook two times, but after a while the past paper questions seem so repetitive and conventional, and judging by other papers,the questions this time might be a bit different and harder.
Original post by Glavien
Has anyone got the answer booklet for the June 2015 paper? I can't find it anywhere.

On the edexcel website, scroll down the answer booklet is there.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A-Level/Mathematics/2013/Exam-materials/6689_01_que_20150609.pdf
anyone else that is worried about them throwing in unusual questions? feel like I'm prepared but what could they possibly ask that has never come up before?

ps who else hates linear programming?:angry:
Dunno, it's not in the textbook as far as I know.

Odd valency, Yes.

Quick sort: do you need to do a pivot even tho a certain section is clearly sorted?
Original post by gekkelekkebekke
anyone else that is worried about them throwing in unusual questions? feel like I'm prepared but what could they possibly ask that has never come up before?

ps who else hates linear programming?:angry:

Define valency.
3 differences between Prim's & Kruskal's?
If y > 5, for example, does it have to be dotted if they ask you to show the R region
Define valency.
3 differences between Prim's & Kruskal's?

just off the top of my head:

Valency: number of arcs connected to a node?

3 differences:

Prim's can be used on a matrix, Kruskal's can't.
Prim's needs a starting vertex whilst Kruskal's starts with the lowest arc.
Prim's grows in a connected fashion, connecting arcs to previously used nodes, whilst Kruskal does not.

would that do you think?

thanks for the reply btw:u:
If y > 5, for example, does it have to be dotted if they ask you to show the R region

yes and it means that any EXACT intersection with that line can't be a possible solution (as it cannot equal y = 5).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending