The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Physics B P1P2P3 15 June 2016 UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME P1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
the 6 marker on radiation, were any of the sources more than one type of radiation? :smile:
Regarding the P3 [6] marker, were these correct?

Part A = speed increases, acceleration
Part B = speed constant, no acceleration
Part C = speed decreases, deceleration
Part D = no speed, car is at rest.
Reply 22
Original post by Chittesh14
Regarding the P3 [6] marker, were these correct?

Part A = speed increases, acceleration
Part B = speed constant, no acceleration
Part C = speed decreases, deceleration
Part D = no speed, car is at rest.

Yes.
Original post by ad4m
Yes.

Yayy! :smile:
Do you remember the question on Work Done?
It was 280, 000J apparently but what was the question?

Force * distance right?
2 800 N force, what was the distance was it 100m?
If so, did u have to work out the distance - I don't even remember! :frown:

Oh yeah, s = (u+v)t/2 = (20)(10)/2 = 100m !!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Reply 24
Yayy! :smile:
Do you remember the question on Work Done?
It was 280, 000J apparently but what was the question?

Force * distance right?
2 800 N force, what was the distance was it 100m?
If so, did u have to work out the distance - I don't even remember! :frown:

Sometime like that. I know that many people forgot to find the area under the graph. HOWEVER in part(c) you would get both marks for doing the correct calculation with the incorrect answer from (b).
What was the answer to that stupid acceleration and speed graph one?

What happens to the acceleration as the speed increases? The graph seriously was confusing, the acceleration decreased so I wrote it decreased as the speed increases.
But, in reality like science, the speed increases so the acceleration increases? :s-smilie:

actually what happens is when an object sets off there's more force accelerating it than slowing it down so the object speeds up
but then as speed increases, resistance increases which reduces acceleration

Posted from TSR Mobile
Volcanoes cause a cooling effect, not global warming. The question was about global warming I think?

I put orbital eccentricity
Reply 27
Volcanoes cause a cooling effect, not global warming. The question was about global warming I think?

I thought that as well but I read it on the specification so put it.
Original post by ad4m
I thought that as well but I read it on the specification so put it.

So what is right? :s-smilie:.
I actually wrote something epic lol.
First thing I wrote about the Earth spinning on its axis wtf lol then I wrote about:
The dust from the factories (smoke) reflects heat back to Earth from the town and this causes global warming :wink:
Reply 29
So what is right? :s-smilie:.
I actually wrote something epic lol.
First thing I wrote about the Earth spinning on its axis wtf lol then I wrote about:
The dust from the factories (smoke) reflects heat back to Earth from the town and this causes global warming :wink:

thats correct.. factories and volcanoes are classed as correct according to the spec BUT there will be a range of answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ad4m
thats correct.. factories and volcanoes are classed as correct according to the spec BUT there will be a range of answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says global cooling is caused by volcanoes, so isn't that wrong?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
Yeah, oh right. How can volcanoes be correct - the spec is foolish lol. Global warming is when the Earth warms up and volcanoes have a cooling effect, ffs.

idk I think some aspects of global warming are about how warming outweighs cooling or how cooling can also contribute to it. Like colder winters in the UK for Anita. But really I had no clue about this topic and just wrote what i remembered. Im quite glad it wasn't in any more depth because I wasn't expecting it to come up at all after it appeared quite largely last year!
It says global cooling is caused by volcanoes, so isn't that wrong?

I'm probably wrong but I said that volcanic ash causes heat radiated from the earth (after it has absorbed radiation to warm up) to be reflected and get trapped in the atmosphere? do you think that would get a mark/even happen?
Original post by ad4m
idk I think some aspects of global warming are about how warming outweighs cooling or how cooling can also contribute to it. Like colder winters in the UK for Anita. But really I had no clue about this topic and just wrote what i remembered. Im quite glad it wasn't in any more depth because I wasn't expecting it to come up at all after it appeared quite largely last year!

True. I have no idea about Anita, she really done my head in - stupid Anita.

Original post by Str355ed
I'm probably wrong but I said that volcanic ash causes heat radiated from the earth (after it has absorbed radiation to warm up) to be reflected and get trapped in the atmosphere? do you think that would get a mark/even happen?

I doubt it, but if you really think about it. Volcanoes give out carbon dioxide which contributes to the greenhouse effect - so you know, you may be lucky if you talked about CO2 :P
guys the question asked about a natural cause of global warming so you could talk about respiration too?
Reply 35
Original post by Its_Echo
I got 2m/s^2, 280000J and 28000W

Hey,
I got these too but don't remember the last bit of the question... what was it ?
Reply 36
Original post by 4nn4b3l
the 6 marker on radiation, were any of the sources more than one type of radiation? :smile:

I put a mix of alpha and gamma for one of them and a mix of alpha and beta for another one.

Idk if that's right though. Because the counts were lessened marginally for some of them suggesting that there had to be more than one source of radiation.

:/
Reply 37
Original post by Str355ed

Volcanoes lead to an overall change in climate
They work both ways the sulfur dioxide and ash leads to cooling
whilst the co2 results in warming so its right both ways. I wrote about this , I'm pretty sure it counts as a natural factor
Original post by Irf00
I put a mix of alpha and gamma for one of them and a mix of alpha and beta for another one.

Idk if that's right though. Because the counts were lessened marginally for some of them suggesting that there had to be more than one source of radiation.

I noticed this but I said it was due to background radiation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Irf00

for the last one I put alpha and gamma because it started off at 250 and went down to 140 when it came into contact with paper then it went down to 20 when it came into contact with lead. but the other 3 I put as only 1 radiation each

Quick Reply

Latest