The Student Room Group

Help

I want to become a doctor when I get older, it's just a job that I know that I will love (plus all that money of course). However, for most of my life I have let myself down with poor behaviour and effort, and now i'm wondering if I can actually become a doctor. I'm in year 10 almost in year 11 now and the pressure is getting to me and i'm starting to doubt myself on whether I meet the requirements. These are my mock results that I have done throughtout the year....and yes I know GCSE's aren't that important compared to A-Levels blah blah, but if you could give me your opinion then that would be great :smile:

Maths - A (1 mark of A*)
English Lit - B
English Language - B
Biology - A (need a little more revision to get that A*)
Chemistry - A (need a little more revision to get that A*)
Physics - A
Triple Science (Additional) - AAB
IT - B
German - C
Religious Studies - A/B
History - A/A* (prediction on what I've got on other mocks, I haven't done one recently with the other ones).

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by plzhelpmeee
I want to become a doctor when I get older, it's just a job that I know that I will love (plus all that money of course). However, for most of my life I have let myself down with poor behaviour and effort, and now i'm wondering if I can actually become a doctor. I'm in year 10 almost in year 11 now and the pressure is getting to me and i'm starting to doubt myself on whether I meet the requirements. These are my mock results that I have done throughtout the year....and yes I know GCSE's aren't that important compared to A-Levels blah blah, but if you could give me your opinion then that would be great :smile:

Maths - A (1 mark of A*)
English Lit - B
English Language - B
Physics - A
IT - B
German - C
Religious Studies - A/B
History - A/A* (prediction on what I've got on other mocks, I haven't done one recently with the other ones).

Thanks!

GCSEs Look Great! All depends on how you work in Alevels..

My aunt is a doctor and she got all 10's for her "GCSEs" Lithuanian grading system like the new GCSEs 1-10.

I know someone that went college and became a doctor. All depends on what you do next not about your past.
These are good results! Very similar to my mock results.

Honestly, if you get these results I think you'll be in a good position to be a doctor. And I know you've heard it all before, A-levels are important but they are. So the best thing to do is to finish your GCSEs, relax this summer and then crack down during your AS so that the university you're going to apply for looks at your AS results and think "Wow".

Honestly mate, you're doing all fine and dandy at the moment! Good luck for the remainder of your exams and enjoy your summer!

Reply 3
Original post by NoahMal

My aunt is a doctor and she got all 10's for her "GCSEs" Lithuanian grading system like the new GCSEs 1-10.

I know someone that went college and became a doctor. All depends on what you do next not about your past.

Original post by BTAnonymous
These are good results! Very similar to my mock results.Honestly, if you get these results I think you'll be in a good position to be a doctor. And I know you've heard it all before, A-levels are important but they are. So the best thing to do is to finish your GCSEs, relax this summer and then crack down during your AS so that the university you're going to apply for looks at your AS results and think "Wow".Honestly mate, you're doing all fine and dandy at the moment! Good luck for the remainder of your exams and enjoy your summer!

Thanks and yeah i'm willing to start to put the effort in and am really determined to do well. :smile:
Although these are my mock results not the actual exam, which for me is next year. Thanks again though for insight, got a lot of stress of my shoulders really...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks and yeah i'm willing to start to put the effort in and am really determined to do well. :smile:

Which Subjects are you taking?
Reply 5
Original post by NoahMal
Which Subjects are you taking?

My GCSE options are History, IT (which I regret) and Additional science.
Original post by NoahMal

Pls work on your arms, ty.
OP - perfectly fine GCSE results to apply to medicine with, I'm a medicine applicant and a friend of mine is too. They got predominantly A's and B's and got 2 offers.
Reply 8
Original post by NoahMal

Lithuania's grading system is sooo much harder than English one.
Reply 9
Original post by Sacred Ground
Pls work on your arms, ty.

My what ? :biggrin:

Maths - A (1 mark of A*)
English Lit - B
English Language - B
Physics - A
IT - B
German - C
Religious Studies - A/B

Thanks!

Please don't do medicine for the money - it is so not worth it and actually, it could take a decade or more before you actually start earning the big bucks - there's more money to be earned elsewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply