Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by James the 23rd
A* = 47-48/60 in paper 2, and overall about 78-80 percent probably for an A*

they might be a lot higher this year, because both the papers were fairly easy
Original post by rcmack

Maybe,
But they have never been higher than around 81 percent, so I can't imagine the grade boundaries will be much higher than that.
Reply 202
Wait were there 3 questions on the last page? I dont remember them asking for the moles. I only remember them asking for mass and volume??
Original post by igggy
Wait were there 3 questions on the last page? I dont remember them asking for the moles. I only remember them asking for mass and volume??

Don't worry, there were only two questions on the last page where moles played a vital part in each one.
Reply 204
Original post by James the 23rd
Don't worry, there was only two questions on the last page where moles played a vital part in each one.

Ok phew i got them both right but freaked out when i thought i had missed a q ahaha
Reply 205
Is the markscheme complete or are some qs missing?
Reply 206
Original post by igggy
Ok phew i got them both right but freaked out when i thought i had missed a q ahaha

sorry, my mistake!
The Polls have officially led me to suicide.

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB. All my 3 next exams are now ruined because of Chemistry. Can't even/.... Comprehend.. How. I messed it up..
Reply 208
Original post by igggy
Is the markscheme complete or are some qs missing?

theres a few questions missing, but i think most of the main ones have been covered
Original post by rcmack

They've been as high as 144 for an A*

Officially depressed. I dont understand how I cocked up two easy papers... Goodbye double digit A*s.
Reply 210
Original post by rcmack
theres a few questions missing, but i think most of the main ones have been covered

Ok thanks for making this. I remember one q which i dont think is on the mark scheme were u had to do the equation for i think it was copper oxide (not sure) and nitric acid
Reply 211
My bad u have got that one sorry
would 138 be a reasonably comfortable A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rcmack
Edexcel iGCSE Chemistry Paper 2C 15 June, sorry should have specified in the question...
Please send the answers and the question numbers you remember :biggrin:
Please also point out any mistakes or mistakes in question numbers :biggrin:

1a) Glass rod / stirrer and Bunsen Burner
1b) Liquids that dissolve is solvent
1c) Colourless liquid is solution
1d) Solid insoluble impurities removed in stage 2 (filtration), salt crystals removed in stage 3 (crystallisation)
1d) Crystallisation point is when crystals begin to form
1e) Water evaporates from the heat

2a) Water levels rose as oxygen in air reduced as it reacted with iron to produce hydrated iron oxide, stopped as all oxygen had been used up
2b) Cant remember what it asked but it was:
iron? + sulphuric acid? -> iron sulphate + hydrogen
2c) 2HNO3 + CuO -> Cu(NO3)2 + H2O
2d) Warmed acid as it increased rate of reaction
2e) In excess when solid starts to form at the bottom (stops dissolving)

3a) Metal oxide is alkaline (e.g. sodium hydroxide) and non metal oxides are acidic (e.g. sulphur dioxide)
3b) Dot cross diagram of MgCl with each with a full outer shell, and chloride ions with one donated electron, charges where Mg2+ and Cl- x2
3c) Ionic bonding is transfer of electrons, producing a positive and negative ion(s), with electro-static forces of attraction between oppositely charged ions
3d) Why ionic is strong: strong electro-static forces between oppositely charged ions which need a lot of energy to break

4a) Titration
4b) Pipette to add 25cm3
4c) Methyl orange is yellow before, orange OR red when neutral
4d) Fe2+ gives green precipitate, Fe3+ gives brown(/orange) precipitate
4e) Burrette readings, can't remember exact values but values had to be given to 2 decimal places
4f) 22.60, 22.45, 22.55 for the concordant results in boxes 2, 3, 4 with an average of 22.533....., 22.53 to have 2dp, like the given results

5a) Isomer has the same chemical formula but different structural formula
5b) Isomer of with 4 carbons and 8 hydrogens with a double bond
5c) Test with bromine water, which goes colourless in the one with a double bond (but-1-ene i think?) and stays orange in the other one
5d) CH3-CH2-CH2-OH
5e) Cant remember the monomer but ( )n with the double bond broken and carbon bonds outside brackets

6a) Refinery gas has lowest boiling point, bitumen was most viscous
6b) Long chain hydrocarbon -> C10H20 and x number of ethene
6c) Cracking is important as shorter chain hydrocarbons are in higher demand, as they are used for cars (i.e. gasolene etc..)
6d) Long Hydrocarbon + Oxygen --> Carbon, Carbon Monoxide, Carbon Dioxide and Water
i think it is C8H18 + 6O2 > 6C + CO2 + CO + 9H2O, variants without Carbon may be accepted :smile:

7a) 2.75g
7b) Using 0.0625 moles from A, 1500 cm3 of Carbon Dioxide

cant remember question number but:

3:1 ratio electrons:Al so 20/3 moles of Al
mass= moles x mr so 6.666 x 27 = 180g

Hope this mark scheme helped!!! Good luck in Triple Physics and the rest of your exams!

Thank you so much! Extremely helpful and reassuring!
Reply 214
Original post by Hsevras
would 138 be a reasonably comfortable A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should be an a *
what about the combustion one? i wrote c and co2 and co and h2o i think
Original post by rcmack
Edexcel iGCSE Chemistry Paper 2C 15 June, sorry should have specified in the question...
Please send the answers and the question numbers you remember :biggrin:
Please also point out any mistakes or mistakes in question numbers :biggrin:

1a) Glass rod / stirrer and Bunsen Burner
1b) Liquids that dissolve is solvent
1c) Colourless liquid is solution
1d) Solid insoluble impurities removed in stage 2 (filtration), salt crystals removed in stage 3 (crystallisation)
1d) Crystallisation point is when crystals begin to form
1e) Water evaporates from the heat

2a) Water levels rose as oxygen in air reduced as it reacted with iron to produce hydrated iron oxide, stopped as all oxygen had been used up
2b) Cant remember what it asked but it was:
iron? + sulphuric acid? -> iron sulphate + hydrogen
2c) 2HNO3 + CuO -> Cu(NO3)2 + H2O
2d) Warmed acid as it increased rate of reaction
2e) In excess when solid starts to form at the bottom (stops dissolving)

3a) Metal oxide is alkaline (e.g. sodium hydroxide) and non metal oxides are acidic (e.g. sulphur dioxide)
3b) Dot cross diagram of MgCl with each with a full outer shell, and chloride ions with one donated electron, charges where Mg2+ and Cl- x2
3c) Ionic bonding is transfer of electrons, producing a positive and negative ion(s), with electro-static forces of attraction between oppositely charged ions
3d) Why ionic is strong: strong electro-static forces between oppositely charged ions which need a lot of energy to break

4a) Titration
4b) Pipette to add 25cm3
4c) Methyl orange is yellow before, orange OR red when neutral
4d) Fe2+ gives green precipitate, Fe3+ gives brown(/orange) precipitate
4e) Burrette readings, can't remember exact values but values had to be given to 2 decimal places
4f) 22.60, 22.45, 22.55 for the concordant results in boxes 2, 3, 4 with an average of 22.533....., 22.53 to have 2dp, like the given results

5a) Isomer has the same chemical formula but different structural formula
5b) Isomer of with 4 carbons and 8 hydrogens with a double bond
5c) Test with bromine water, which goes colourless in the one with a double bond (but-1-ene i think?) and stays orange in the other one
5d) CH3-CH2-CH2-OH
5e) Cant remember the monomer but ( )n with the double bond broken and carbon bonds outside brackets

6a) Refinery gas has lowest boiling point, bitumen was most viscous
6b) Long chain hydrocarbon -> C10H20 and x number of ethene
6c) Cracking is important as shorter chain hydrocarbons are in higher demand, as they are used for cars (i.e. gasolene etc..)
6d) Long Hydrocarbon + Oxygen --> Carbon, Carbon Monoxide, Carbon Dioxide and Water
i think it is C8H18 + 6O2 > 6C + CO2 + CO + 9H2O, variants without Carbon may be accepted :smile:

7a) 2.75g
7b) Using 0.0625 moles from A, 1500 cm3 of Carbon Dioxide

cant remember question number but:

3:1 ratio electrons:Al so 20/3 moles of Al
mass= moles x mr so 6.666 x 27 = 180g
Hope this mark scheme helped!!! Good luck in Triple Physics and the rest of your exams!

:colonhash:
Original post by igggy
Should be an a *

I dont think it will be anything lower than 142.
Reply 218
for 3a, did you have to say magnesium oxide or could you just put magnesium? i can't remember the question but wasn't it would of these will form a alkali
Original post by y64654
for 3a, did you have to say magnesium oxide or could you just put magnesium? i can't remember the question but wasn't it would of these will form a alkali

It asked for the element. so magnesium by it self is the right answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending