AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yoda123
alright steve

lol, how did you know
unofficial ms?
Original post by omarharoun3
unofficial ms?

None put together yet, answers scattered around the page 30 mark though on the thread
So do people think that 51-53 is a cemented B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone link me to this petition?

Also serious question: would signing a petition actually do anything?
That's not a "idiots signing it who think aqa care pfft do they really think it matters" it's a genuine "do exam boards actually even consider something like that"
The petition is gaining like 100 every 5 mins. Crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
June 11 c4 was 51 for an A I think, I think the c3 boundaries could be around that too, that paper was mind****ing... I can't begin to imagine c4, it'll probably be like 45 for an A with the level of hardness these AQA papers have been
Original post by moinul98
June 11 c4 was 51 for an A I think, I think the c3 boundaries could be around that too, that paper was mind****ing... I can't begin to imagine c4, it'll probably be like 45 for an A with the level of hardness these AQA papers have been

Yeah, lowest it has been for C3 for an A was 53 and that paper was easy (June 2012)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mgill17

That's not a "idiots signing it who think aqa care pfft do they really think it matters" it's a genuine "do exam boards actually even consider something like that"

https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-grade-boundaries-for-mpc3

I doubt it but it's worth a shot
Original post by aoxa
But there's no specimen papers for the new spec, because that doesn't come out for another few years.

The draft versions have just been published, but you won't be able to identify the C3 or C4 part as the structure of the course has changed considerably.
I dont care what an A is going to be for anymore , what would a C be for? would 45 be a C?
Got a quick question about the m mark for subbing in limits in the integration questions, do you have to show you subbing them in or do you still get the mark for writing what it equals when you sub it in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mgill17

AQA have previously suggested that we do not sign/start petitions:
An AQA spokesman said: 'Exams aren’t meant to be easy and students are obviously going to talk about that on social media, but everything in the paper was on the syllabus.'There’s no need for anyone to worry about grade boundaries because these aren’t decided until we’ve marked all the papers and know how everyone got on.'If it looks like students did find this exam especially difficult, the grade boundaries will reflect that so no need for petitions.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3642863/Over-2-500-students-parents-express-outrage-ridiculous-chemistry-level-slipped-sly-9-mark-question-right-end.html#ixzz4BgCnBpcm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

They said that they will only decide on the grade boundaries after seeing all papers. Baring that in mind - as the petition has gained over 5000 signatories I am hopeful that loads of people have screwed up. This would mean that the grade boundaries should be low.

Here is the petition anyway: https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-grade-boundaries-for-mpc3
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1153
whos watching the euros then?
Original post by KP.
whos watching the euros then?

Me. Albania are giving it a good go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1155
Original post by Yo12345
Me. Albania are giving it a good go

Posted from TSR Mobile

trust, you gonna watch the england wales tomorow or revise for C4?
Original post by KP.
trust, you gonna watch the england wales tomorow or revise for C4?

Both. Watch the game. Do Jan and June 2013 papers between 4 and 8, before the Germany-Poland game. Then doing the June 2014 paper on Friday morning. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1TrueMeaning
AQA have previously suggested that we do not sign/start petitions:
An AQA spokesman said: 'Exams aren’t meant to be easy and students are obviously going to talk about that on social media, but everything in the paper was on the syllabus.'There’s no need for anyone to worry about grade boundaries because these aren’t decided until we’ve marked all the papers and know how everyone got on.'If it looks like students did find this exam especially difficult, the grade boundaries will reflect that so no need for petitions.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3642863/Over-2-500-students-parents-express-outrage-ridiculous-chemistry-level-slipped-sly-9-mark-question-right-end.html#ixzz4BgCnBpcm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

They said that they will only decide on the grade boundaries after seeing all papers. Baring that in mind - as the petition has gained over 5000 signatories I am hopeful that loads of people have screwed up. This would mean that the grade boundaries should be low.

Here is the petition anyway: https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-grade-boundaries-for-mpc3

It is really not the point. I have been averaging A*s in all of thr past papers, yet the best I can hope for now is a low B. If I was going to get an A* in maths I was relying on Core 3. I have now not just not met my offer, but Im probably going into clearing. For AQA to simply say "exams are meant to be hard" is both obtuse and infuriating.
Original post by lollypandahype
Oh wow it was at well. I thought for some reason it was 61.

Yeah probably about 53 then and about 60 for an A*

College staff seem to hope the grade boundaries will be more like 50-55 for an A hopefully. They were basing it on an old Core 2 paper mark scheme for a paper that was really hard.
Original post by jake4198
It is really not the point. I have been averaging A*s in all of thr past papers, yet the best I can hope for now is a low B. If I was going to get an A* in maths I was relying on Core 3. I have now not just not met my offer, but Im probably going into clearing. For AQA to simply say "exams are meant to be hard" is both obtuse and infuriating.

Hey, I ain't AQA. I'm in the same boat as you though.

Quick Reply

Latest