The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Topics 15th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
to speed up rate at which solid dissolves at i think
This paper was easy as hell... NO mistakes ... Where is the Poll station.....i tick marked 3 boxes in titration question..last 3
Original post by aaljhfgahsj
calculations:

The faradays one was 180g

the concordant results was 22.53 (recurring)

2.75g for mass of co2
and 1500cm3 for volume
(i think thats all there was)

yessss i got all those!
Reply 43
IT WAS SO HARD!!!!! Oh my god I LOST SO MANY MARKS ON THIS PAPER!!!
Reply 44
Original post by meme259
Why did the student heat/warm the acid? In the question about making salts.

I put because increasing the temperature increases the rate of reaction.

On the first page, what did everyone get for the piece of apparatus labelled A? I put "glass rod" but others have put "stirrer" and "thermometer".... Also, was the mixture of sand, salt and water a solution or suspension?
Reply 45
Original post by F0X
I put because increasing the temperature increases the rate of reaction.

On the first page, what did everyone get for the piece of apparatus labelled A? I put "glass rod" but others have put "stirrer" and "thermometer".... Also, was the mixture of sand, salt and water a solution or suspension?

yeah i put 'stirrer' but I feel like the correct answer is 'glass rod'

the mixture was a solution because it said 'what is the clear liquid in stage A' - and NB not 'what is the substance in stage A' or anything like that

also I believe that the temperature question, as well as rate of reaction, may have been related to the fact that copper is extremely unreactive, but maybe not given that copper oxide is obviously a different substance
Original post by Martins1
q = change in temperature * mass of water * 4.18
n = mass burnt * Mr
molar enthalpy change = -q/n

Haha thanks
How was the paper?
Original post by umang-23
Haha thanks
How was the paper?

Good thanks - other than the question about incomplete combustion which I messed up in the exam and as soon as I walked out the hall I could solve it... ughhh. But yeah otherwise pretty good thx
Ok boys,
Im in some desperate need.
I do my Mocs for Chemistry Paper 1 and 2 in exactly a Week and I'm ******** myself.
I only intended to do tripple as of 4 months ago and all seemed ok other than chem.
Fast forward and I'm crapping myself. It would be great if you have any way to find last years paper. Yes you say, if you cant handle tripple dont do it and you wont prove anything to yourself. BUT if I get a C I will be forced into doing dual which is probs not the option since im doing all three for A level. Help a brother in need. I an trying to teach myself things that i didnt know were in paper 2.

Peace Out and may my results not kill me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending