The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 4B Pre-release

Scroll to see replies

How specific do we have to be with our fieldwork investigation? Does anyone have a checklist...? It would be much appreciated!!
i totally need help with this too!!
Reply 462
Have I got this correct, no sites in the uk including flyde and North Yorkshire have actually got the fracking go ahead but recently exploration in North Yorkshire was granted? There are also exploration sites in flyde
Original post by zacharylhw
I know it may sound a bit stupid - but do we need to bring the map and AIB to the exam tmr?

i would take it incase but your school should have a blank copy
Original post by e9ward
Have I got this correct, no sites in the uk including flyde and North Yorkshire have actually got the fracking go ahead but recently exploration in North Yorkshire was granted? There are also exploration sites in flyde

exploration happened at one site in 2011 but was stopped due to two seismic activity events
Original post by Tamir777
how do we even do mann whitney or chi squared with this? can someone please please explain? like what type of data would they give??

i genuinely have no idea how to do this!! do i even bother?
Original post by isabelle12345
How specific do we have to be with our fieldwork investigation? Does anyone have a checklist...? It would be much appreciated!!

hypothesis
questions
sampling
risk assessments
data analysis
Reply 467
Original post by AslAbb
Unfortunately I think these will come up as there hasn't been statistical test on the past 3 or 4 papers. I think they are most likely to come up in a fieldwork section. Such as group of students have carried out a fieldwork investigation in the Fylde area, here are the result. Carry out this statistical test... using these results.

What on earth is the Mann Whitney or chi square test? Couldn't we just use spearmans rank if we were talking about comparing 2 sets of data to find the strength of the correlation?
Original post by castle9698
i genuinely have no idea how to do this!! do i even bother?

i would look at it on youtube! its fairly simple. i think you would be given a half answered question that you would need to complete and anaylse. doesn't take long so would have a look
For the people worrying about if statistics come up: if they do, which is probably relatively unlikely still, they will make it relatively straight-foward and should give you all the formulas you need e.g. in unit 2 last year we had to do Spearman's rank where they gave us all the formulas needed

They know it's not a maths exam so won't be that mean!
Original post by clarypops
i would look at it on youtube! its fairly simple. i think you would be given a half answered question that you would need to complete and anaylse. doesn't take long so would have a look

i just find it so confusing!!! its a lot to take in last minute haha
How does everyone know Mike Hill's statements are false??
Original post by castle9698
i just find it so confusing!!! its a lot to take in last minute haha

they will tell you everything you need to know ahah just the analysis
In the research section of the AIB it states to focus research on Cuadrilla's appeal but it still hasn't came to a conclusion, plus the questions were written last year so what should I have research on?
What equipment do we have to take into the exam? Will we need a whole maths kit like a calculator, protractor and compass etc?
is anyone else going to be winging this exam a bit too? :afraid:
Original post by sarageog
What equipment do we have to take into the exam? Will we need a whole maths kit like a calculator, protractor and compass etc?

I'm just bringing my normal exam pencil case so like pens etc, pencil and a calculator
Original post by sarageog

im going pen pencil ruler and calculator
Original post by calbrad140
In the research section of the AIB it states to focus research on Cuadrilla's appeal but it still hasn't came to a conclusion, plus the questions were written last year so what should I have research on?

well it was rejected, say why.

what they changed when appealed

whats currently going on
Original post by reuben_malachi
is anyone else going to be winging this exam a bit too? :afraid:

Yup. I have my biology f214 exam in the afternoon so I'm focusing more on that.

At the end of the day we have an entire booklet to use, if you can't use the booklet you're kinda stuffed (fieldwork planning aside of course)

I never want to see another geography exam after this year - I've done the entire A-level in a year. If I come out with an A or an A* (based on how the last 3 exams have gone) I'll probably breakdown and cry lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending