The Student Room Group

AQA EngB3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheFailingNerd
"only did 13" I did 10!!!! *cry*

It's quality not quantity though. Like I can write quickly and still have the quality, but as long as your essay has the quality then it doesn't really matter how much you write
I'm glad you're confident :smile:

Ouch I could hardly stand 2 hrs 30 mins in there! Lol I commend you!

Ooh is it Litb3? Maybe we can help each other haha! Lit is not my strong point lol!

Yeah it is LITB3. I literally haven't done any revision other than learn quotes but Lit has always been something that comes more naturally than anything else. I studied Doctor Faustus, Frankenstein and Wuthering Heights so it would depend if you had studied any of them?
Original post by HeatherLaff
It's quality not quantity though. Like I can write quickly and still have the quality, but as long as your essay has the quality then it doesn't really matter how much you write

Haha I know, it's just competition y'know? :smile:
Yeah it is LITB3. I literally haven't done any revision other than learn quotes but Lit has always been something that comes more naturally than anything else. I studied Doctor Faustus, Frankenstein and Wuthering Heights so it would depend if you had studied any of them?

I'm doing WH and Faustus too!

Lol the only quote for Faustus I know is the famous "is this the face that launched a thousand ships"

that's it :biggrin:
To be fair I'm just a very quick writer and my handwriting isn't very small. I wrote about 37 pages for language and the remainer on ethics 😂

What on Earth did you write about over 37 pages lol?
I'm doing WH and Faustus too!

Lol the only quote for Faustus I know is the famous "is this the face that launched a thousand ships"

that's it :biggrin:

Oh I've got loads, I think these are the most flexible. I've done the same for Wuthering Heights as well if you need them.
Original post by mutantman52
What on Earth did you write about over 37 pages lol?

Literally everything hahaha
Oh I've got loads, I think these are the most flexible. I've done the same for Wuthering Heights as well if you need them.

I have quotes for all my texts (thank you though!) it's remembering them as well as the areas of the gothic etc. that's getting me :/
I have quotes for all my texts (thank you though!) it's remembering them as well as the areas of the gothic etc. that's getting me :/

Yeah i'm the same to be honest hahaha
Yeah i'm the same to be honest hahaha

My friend has written all her quotes down on flashcards, under titles like "heathcliff, sadism" etc which is good for remembering!

I've typed mine and printed it off to use when writing essays which sorta helps me remember, I think it depends on your learning style? Revision is hard :P

Apparently, it's good to add quotes from classic horror literature like Anne Radcliffe's Mysteries of Udolpho and The Monk to link to certain aspects of the Gothic, is any of this helping? Haha :biggrin:
My friend has written all her quotes down on flashcards, under titles like "heathcliff, sadism" etc which is good for remembering!

I've typed mine and printed it off to use when writing essays which sorta helps me remember, I think it depends on your learning style? Revision is hard :P

Apparently, it's good to add quotes from classic horror literature like Anne Radcliffe's Mysteries of Udolpho and The Monk to link to certain aspects of the Gothic, is any of this helping? Haha :biggrin:

To be fair I know loads of quotes, it's just that I don't really understand what the gothic elements are but I'm sure it'll be fine hahaha- thanks anyway though.
And also, I never touch any critical stuff because I've been getting A's and A*'s all year without using them so I don't want to confuse myself too much :')
Reply 52

Agreed, everyone will have approached the exam differently
Reply 53
Literally everything hahaha

Any tips for Frankenstein?
How did you all find it then?

I did Text A for Section A (Speaking) and then the second question for section B (the one with Benedict Cumberbatch). Though I think most people will have done the second one, the idea of comparison between the texts is what I find easy :smile:

I hope everyone did the best of their ability! :smile:

Now onto Literature on Friday :biggrin:

I did question 1 which I thought went really well and question 3 (I'm not great at comparisons) which I thought went awfully 😂
"only did 13" I did 10!!!! *cry*

I did 4 pages for each question, and that's what I aimed to do. I did this exam last year, wrote 13 pages and got a D. Definitely about quality not quantity ... (I do realise yours is sarcasm but don't want people to panic f they didn't do as many)
To be fair I know loads of quotes, it's just that I don't really understand what the gothic elements are but I'm sure it'll be fine hahaha- thanks anyway though.
And also, I never touch any critical stuff because I've been getting A's and A*'s all year without using them so I don't want to confuse myself too much :':wink:

A's and A*?! Damn why are you worrying?!

Lmao I didn't know I needed this in my life
Original post by Gapyearstudent54
I did question 1 which I thought went really well and question 3 (I'm not great at comparisons) which I thought went awfully 😂

Yeah, everyone who did the exam at my college said they thought the language change went bad, I think it's because there was so little to talk about in the question I picked? Don't know about yours :/
Reply 59
I've been feeling really bad about how this exam went so decided to look for this thread. Looking through this has NOT helped, seeing that people have written like 10/13/37 pages overall because I wrote five and a half for the whole thing. I am now feeling really annoyed at myself and obviously now know this won't be a good grade. Can I retake this exam next year due to the change to Linear A Levels?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending